Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, just a quick question, yesterday I accidentally connected my dirty emunand to internet by forgetting to remove my lan cable of my dock, I quickly realized my mistake and unplugged the lan cable, I don't even think it got the time to actually connect to internet since I have unplugged it a second after placing the switch to the dock but for the purpose of the question we will assume that it actually connected to internet.

Here is how I have set up my emunand

90dns on the lan cable
Incognito (serial : XAW0000000....)
Lan connection on manual instead of Automatic

I didn't used dns.mitm since this set up is really old and it was not even a thing when I created the emunand.

Assuming that it connected to internet, should I be safe with the 3 points mentioned above or if I risk something ?
Do incognito alone is enough to avoid getting banned if by any chance 90dns failed in some way or an other ?

Thanks for your reading.

Should be fine since you have XAW000000000

Niyoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A person was still banned after using Haku33 so it is definitely not foolproof.

There's a third option which is better than both and that is TinWoo Installer. Its what I personally use and I never have any issues while using it. Also Hekate doesn't come with patches because they are technically associated with piracy. You have to download them separately which you can do from this thread.

Alright, does installing patches make me more vulnerable? I have done everything the homebrew said about partition and backup to avoid the ban, so I would love to have the safest option

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, does installing patches make me more vulnerable? I have done everything the homebrew said about partition and backup to avoid the ban, so I would love to have the safest option

You would need a clean NAND to avoid ban, that why Haku33 doesn't work, it is not clean NAND.

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only seem to update my hacked switch roughly once a year, and of course I forget what all I need to update. I know I need to update Atmosphere and probably the sigpatches and firmware via daybreak. I have also have DNS blocking active. What is the easiest way to update or at least a link to a page that has the steps to do it.

cieloo

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I only seem to update my hacked switch roughly once a year, and of course I forget what all I need to update. I know I need to update Atmosphere and probably the sigpatches and firmware via daybreak. I have also have DNS blocking active. What is the easiest way to update or at least a link to a page that has the steps to do it.
same question...i never update my switch ..i bought it like 3 months ago ....and i want to update it now...but I am confused what to update first. Any info is appreciated

Niyoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You would need a clean NAND to avoid ban, that why Haku33 doesn't work, it is not clean NAND.
Sorry I was not the person with the NAND problem, my question was related to sigpatches and TinWoo, if they make my switch more vulnerable in any way and/or if I have to take precautions in any way.

I have another question: I have purchased with my nintendo account a couple switch games, then hacked the switch. I dispose of another switch that's not hacked. Should I delete the nintendo account from the hacked switch and add it there? So far I havent been banned, was wondering if the ban affects the nintendo account as well
Post automatically merged:

Not anymore than merely running CFW or homebrew.
Thanks!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating Atmosphere is as simple as deleting the old /atmosphere folder then putting the new one on the SD card. Patches are the same process although you can overwrite the old patches folder for the time being. Firmware is probably the trickiest part not because the procedure is complicated since Daybreak is relatively simple to use but it involves downloading the firmware files from an external source. And since they are copyrighted files, links cannot be shared on this forum. But rest assured that dumps of all of the firmware files are readily available on the Internet.
same question...i never update my switch ..i bought it like 3 months ago ....and i want to update it now...but I am confused what to update first. Any info is appreciated
Please read my reply to the user above. Also, the order doesn't particularly matter as long as you update everything but a foolproof order is always CFW before firmware. The reason being is that newer versions of CFW will always work on older firmware versions but newer firmware versions may not compatible with older versions of CFW.
Sorry I was not the person with the NAND problem, my question was related to sigpatches and TinWoo, if they make my switch more vulnerable in any way and/or if I have to take precautions in any way.

I have another question: I have purchased with my nintendo account a couple switch games, then hacked the switch. I dispose of another switch that's not hacked. Should I delete the nintendo account from the hacked switch and add it there? So far I havent been banned, was wondering if the ban affects the nintendo account as well

Thanks!
Bans rarely affect Nintendo Accounts. Typically, that only occurs due to other types of activities such as credit card fraud and not hacking.

ArcangelSP

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I will go piece by piece I have a 3.0.0 Switch untouch since years. It has Atmosphere under 1 version, Hekate 4 or 5 emunand I don´t remember the version. It has no wifi configured, When I turn the switch on I see reswitch that I used to launch hekate, without wifi and dns is not working.

What should I do, there is something new interesting related to 3.0.0, how I update atmospher hekate and the emunad.
Thanks.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahoy - I wanted to install a mod for a game, it's in exefs/.ips format.

I have no idea where to put it. Any tips for that? I don't know if I need another application or such for that either.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok guys, I need some help..I'm trying to send folders to the micro SD card out of my daughter's switch but keep on hitting a brick wall. Keep on getting an unable to transfer folder/file message. Doing my head in so any help and advise offered by you experts will be as ever, very much appreciated.
https://ibb.co/BgmkqQs

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will go piece by piece I have a 3.0.0 Switch untouch since years. It has Atmosphere under 1 version, Hekate 4 or 5 emunand I don´t remember the version. It has no wifi configured, When I turn the switch on I see reswitch that I used to launch hekate, without wifi and dns is not working.

What should I do, there is something new interesting related to 3.0.0, how I update atmospher hekate and the emunad.
Thanks.

check this out: https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

since you are on 3.0.0 I imagine your Atmosphere is super low somhere are the steps to move past AMS 1.0.0

https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0

Ater that you can follow the rest of the guide as normal.

Ahoy - I wanted to install a mod for a game, it's in exefs/.ips format.

I have no idea where to put it. Any tips for that? I don't know if I need another application or such for that either.

which mod is it?

Typically they go in /atmosphere/contents/<titleID> /
…and then:
- exefs
- romfs
- romfs_ext

Ok guys, I need some help..I'm trying to send folders to the micro SD card out of my daughter's switch but keep on hitting a brick wall. Keep on getting an unable to transfer folder/file message. Doing my head in so any help and advise offered by you experts will be as ever, very much appreciated.
https://ibb.co/BgmkqQs
How are you attempting to do this and what errors 0r symptoms are you seeing?

Are you using Hekate/UMS or FTPD or pulling the sdcard out of the switch?

Last edited by binkinator,

dxxshore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently updated everything on my switch, and for some reason hekate loads frozen, I've been having to boot directly to emunand, if anyone can help I'd be really appreciative 😆

Attachments

• 20221116_143814.jpg
    20221116_143814.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16

warriosbest

Trophies
XP
Country
so i'm already bought this for my samsung dex, it working pretty well, but i dont know if it work for switch too? cuz my modded v1 switch still not delivered yet, and it not included charger/dock, so i need to buy charger/dock if need

ty

1668638743468.png

1668638417466.png
1668638472286.png
1668638482270.png
1668638492526.png

Last edited by warriosbest,

meccs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What is telling Tinfoil that something is "incomplete"? For example I have all of the Dead Cells DLCs installed and it even says so in the game itself but Tinfoil is still thinking one is missing. Any way to fix it or should I just ignore it?

Edit: Ah I get it. It says the DLC file is missing but in reality there was an update for the DLC so the version isn't correct. It probably should say UPD instead of DLC but the install screen of the games shows in detail what is installed and what is the latest version.

Last edited by meccs,
Reactions: binkinator

ArcangelSP

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
check this out: ...

since you are on 3.0.0 I imagine your Atmosphere is super low somhere are the steps to move past AMS 1.0.0

Ater that you can follow the rest of the guide as normal.

My Sys base is 3.0.0 Clean

Yes I remembered a bit more I was on Atmosphere under 1.0.0 maybe 0.8 or 0.9 I installed all the things using Kosmo 14.X

I launch hekate using Cafeine and reswitch with custom DNS on the switch.

I Think that I only have to migrate to Atmosphere 1.4.0 and update al the bins but the way to launch RCM remains the same.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i'm already bought this for my samsung dex, it working pretty well, but i dont know if it work for switch too? cuz my modded v1 switch still not delivered yet, and it not included charger/dock, so i need to buy charger/dock if need

ty

Should plug right in to the bottom of your Switch w/ no problem. This thing looks like it probably has similar guts as what is inside the Dock. No official dock needed unless you like the look of Ninty’s dock.

My Sys base is 3.0.0 Clean

Yes I remembered a bit more I was on Atmosphere under 1.0.0 maybe 0.8 or 0.9 I installed all the things using Kosmo 14.X

I launch hekate using Cafeine and reswitch with custom DNS on the switch.

I Think that I only have to migrate to Atmosphere 1.4.0 and update al the bins but the way to launch RCM remains the same.
Yes, you could absolutely upgrade just the emunand Atmosphere and test that it still boots. Once that’s done you can look for that Darthsternie Firmware site and u-date emunand FW to 15.0.1 and leave everything else the same.

I recently updated everything on my switch, and for some reason hekate loads frozen, I've been having to boot directly to emunand, if anyone can help I'd be really appreciative 😆
What d0 you mean frozen? Hekate is unresponsive?

Please post your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file.

Last edited by binkinator,

warriosbest

Trophies
XP
Country
Should plug right in to the bottom of your Switch w/ no problem. This thing looks like it probably has similar guts as what is inside the Dock. No official dock needed unless you like the look of Ninty’s dock.

Yes, you could absolutely upgrade just the emunand Atmosphere and test that it still boots. Once that’s done you can look for that Darthsternie Firmware site and u-date emunand FW to 15.0.1 and leave everything else the same.

but first i need to order 65W Xiaomi ZMI HA729 GaN 1A1C, and plugged it into USB-A 18w slot, cuz i dont have charger that give 15V 3A

that hub just warm when i using with my samsung dex, power from zmi 18w to hub-, from hub to phone, plugged hdmi into my portable screen(7inch ips touch), screen usb power cable plugged into usb3 slot on hub, and it still work

dxxshore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'll post it after work, and yes completely unresponsive, I have to force a shutdown then inject fusee.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll post it after work, and yes completely unresponsive, I have to force a shutdown then inject fusee.
Yeah…doesn’t seem right at all. I‘m thinking something in your hekate_ipl.ini file ia somehow jamming things up. Might want to move/rename the /bootloader directory to /bootloader.bk and the unzipping the latest Hekate.x.x.x.zip file to the top level,of your SDCard just to start from a clean slate. We would have make a .bk Backuo so you can roll back at any time.

Reactions: dxxshore

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea? trying to...