Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Vladjaye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone ever had a weird bug with usb-c port of Erista consoles?
If I leave the consoles for a while - they won't recognize anything connected (usb drives\phone), but official charger until I reboot the Horizon OS.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!
I have modded a V1 switch, ran hekate and I have some questions about it!
Can I boot it up without using hekate to play games? example: I'm in car and I wanna play, I dont have anything to inject hekate then go to menu, what do I do?
Second thing:
I have modded it and tried to inject games with tinfoil and goldleaf.
They both don't work and left me with a blank icon between my games, like I deleted a game but the space remained there.
I don't know what I did wrong, but they both didn't make the game into smaller packs and re-zip it together.

First thing, is there a way I can get rid of the blank square?
If not, is there a way to un-mod the switch and mod it again? I have my sd partitioned, I don't remember if I have backups though, but I'm willing to mod it again from scratches.

If you have an internal modchip then you don't need a payload dongle. As for your games it sound like they didn't finished installing, you would have to delete them in the switch system settings -> data management- manage software.

Niyoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you have an internal modchip then you don't need a payload dongle. As for your games it sound like they didn't finished installing, you would have to delete them in the switch system settings -> data management- manage software.
No modchip its a v1, just rcm

I'll go to the settings once i'm home. Idk if it works because it says "software not installed" and cant access the options with "+" button

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No modchip its a v1, just rcm

I'll go to the settings once i'm home. Idk if it works because it says "software not installed" and cant access the options with "+" button
make sure you have sigpatches first.
as for on the go injecting. if you have a android device, use rekado and a usb c > usb c cable and just turn on autorcm(no need for jig) otherwise can trinket mod or buy a payload dongle

01X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
as for on the go injecting. if you have a android device, use rekado and a usb c > usb c cable and just turn on autorcm(no need for jig) otherwise can trinket mod or buy a payload dongle

Chaosta I was reading some of your posts from a while ago about taking a modified switch back online. I just found out that when I made my NAND backup that it had tinfoil in it, but nintendo servers never saw that , never was logged. the wifi has been off the entire time. ever since I put tinfoil on the switch my wifi has been totally off, So what can I do now to hopefully prevent a ban, should I just do the console initalize to wipe the tinfoil off or is there some other method? Hakate wipe or something else? Thanks for any tips if you can help me out. It seems like you know ways to avoid a ban on this situation.

Trinda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm a bit new to modding my switch, but I noticed today that when I boot into Fusee, it loads sysMMC. It used to load emuMMC.

Here's my hekate_ipl ini

Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
autohosoff=1
autonogc=1
backlight=100
bootwait=3
updater2p=0

[CFW (sysMMC)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[CFW (emuMMC)]
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3

[Stock]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
stock=1

[Fusee]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin

Edit:
Launching EmuMMC instead comes up with the error
Code:
emuMMC is forced but not enabled!
Failed to launch HOS!

Edit 2: Fixed. I'm not sure how it happened but I needed to go to the emuMMC button and change it to the partition again

Last edited by Trinda,
Reactions: binkinator

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok awesome, thanks a lot you really seem to know your stuff and willing to help noobies. I appreciate it!!!
Post automatically merged:

Ok well now I seem to be having some problems. The sysnand backup that I have was made with SXOS and I do not see any option to restore it from Hekate. I googled and found your replies about split restores from 2021 . But there is another issue. I know this sysnand backup is from many years ago which means that the fuses burnt are higher than the version of this backup. I have 15 burnt fuses now because I have gone to higher firmware versions on the device, but this sysnand backup was a very old one from 2020 so I'm guessing it was made with 11 fuses burnt, lower than current.

This is a problem because autoRCM cannot be enabled on this device since its a patched unit. so I'm not sure exactly how I will downgrade the firmwares back to a lower version on a patched unit that has a modchip in it. Am I basically stuck here or is there some ways for me to get back to fix this mess?
While its true AutoRCM cannot be enabled, its not the end of the world as long as you don't turn off the console after restoring the backup. What you have to do is immediately update the firmware as soon as you restore the backup. This can be done by using the homebrew app Daybreak after you boot CFW once the backup is done being restored. Daybreak comes bundled with Atmosphere by default. The tricky part is finding the firmware files you wish to update to. Since they are copyrighted material, they cannot be shared here but rest assured, they are readily available on the Internet.
hi I have another modified switch and it makes me this error
Is the SD card inserted properly? And have you also tested to see if the SD card is fake or not? If you haven't, you can use a tool like FakeFlashTest to see if its real or not.

Reactions: valelisa29 and 01X

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chaosta I was reading some of your posts from a while ago about taking a modified switch back online. I just found out that when I made my NAND backup that it had tinfoil in it, but nintendo servers never saw that , never was logged. the wifi has been off the entire time. ever since I put tinfoil on the switch my wifi has been totally off, So what can I do now to hopefully prevent a ban, should I just do the console initalize to wipe the tinfoil off or is there some other method? Hakate wipe or something else? Thanks for any tips if you can help me out. It seems like you know ways to avoid a ban on this situation.
if what youre saying is that your nand backup has a tinfoil tile on your homescreen. You are likely screwed. It doesn't matter if you deleted it while off wifi, the nand saves encrypted logs and they will send to nintendo the moment you connect with their servers. I have heard that installed homebrew nsp is alot safer than pirated nsp, There are a few people who have installed only homebrew nsp, nothing pirated and haven't been banned but Idk if I trust those people. Id air on the side of "prepare to get banned, but if it doesn't happen, cool."

Reactions: 01X

01X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if what youre saying is that your nand backup has a tinfoil tile on your homescreen. You are likely screwed. It doesn't matter if you deleted it while off wifi, the nand saves encrypted logs and they will send to nintendo the moment you connect with their servers. I have heard that installed homebrew nsp is alot safer than pirated nsp, There are a few people who have installed only homebrew nsp, nothing pirated and haven't been banned but Idk if I trust those people. Id air on the side of "prepare to get banned, but if it doesn't happen, cool."

No nothing was ever sent to nintendo this switch has never had internet before. I am now using Haku33 to do the total wipe of the nand so that I can hopefully go online later and there will be no traces of any sort of software. Do you think that is a good idea to do?

Niyoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Later today I will try to inject games. As for the icon problem I solved it! I will also set up the rekado + autorcm and will let you know. Do you recommend tinfoil or goldleaf? Also where can I see if I got sigpatches? Are they in the base hekate package? I followed the homebrew guide and downloaded hekate base kit + some emulators

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No nothing was ever sent to nintendo this switch has never had internet before. I am now using Haku33 to do the total wipe of the nand so that I can hopefully go online later and there will be no traces of any sort of software. Do you think that is a good idea to do?
A person was still banned after using Haku33 so it is definitely not foolproof.
Later today I will try to inject games. As for the icon problem I solved it! I will also set up the rekado + autorcm and will let you know. Do you recommend tinfoil or goldleaf? Also where can I see if I got sigpatches? Are they in the base hekate package? I followed the homebrew guide and downloaded hekate base kit + some emulators
There's a third option which is better than both and that is TinWoo Installer. Its what I personally use and I never have any issues while using it. Also Hekate doesn't come with patches because they are technically associated with piracy. You have to download them separately which you can do from this thread.

RoryJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is there a perfect place to start if I'm interested in learning how to apply translations to out of region games? Brand new to the scene as you can see. To add to that, are there similarly available tools for Mac or am I straight out of luck?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a perfect place to start if I'm interested in learning how to apply translations to out of region games? Brand new to the scene as you can see. To add to that, are there similarly available tools for Mac or am I straight out of luck?

Most stuffs is for windows.

Fang20031

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi, I'm new to switch modding and I just used DBI to install game with mtp responder. After I installed 8 games, I checked the "Installed games" folder and I found these files and folders
1668535146575.png

My question is can I delete those folders? I think the installed game with dlcs are the nsp files below and the folders above just store the file that I use to install game through MTP responder so it should be safe to delete them right? Or I have to keep both of them?
Here is an example on those folders content
1668535357854.png

I downloaded 2 files, the base NSP and the update file, after I installed the game then are these files safe to delete?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new to switch modding and I just used DBI to install game with mtp responder. After I installed 8 games, I checked the "Installed games" folder and I found these files and foldersView attachment 337678
My question is can I delete those folders? I think the installed game with dlcs are the nsp files below and the folders above just store the file that I use to install game through MTP responder so it should be safe to delete them right? Or I have to keep both of them?
Here is an example on those folders contentView attachment 337679
I downloaded 2 files, the base NSP and the update file, after I installed the game then are these files safe to delete?

No they are installed content, if you deleted you lose the content.

Fang20031

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
No they are installed content, if you deleted you lose the content.
Then what are those nsp at the bottom of the "installed games" folder? Can u give me an explanation? :shy:
Post automatically merged:

BTW I bought an already modded switch from another guy, should I create a backup of the switch in case I fucked up the console(maybe?) and how can I do it? Can I follow the guide on CFWaifu?

Last edited by Fang20031,

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi, just a quick question, yesterday I accidentally connected my dirty emunand to internet by forgetting to remove my lan cable of my dock, I quickly realized my mistake and unplugged the lan cable, I don't even think it got the time to actually connect to internet since I have unplugged it a second after placing the switch to the dock but for the purpose of the question we will assume that it actually connected to internet.

Here is how I have set up my emunand

90dns on the lan cable
Incognito (serial : XAW0000000....)
Lan connection on manual instead of Automatic

I didn't used dns.mitm since this set up is really old and it was not even a thing when I created the emunand.

Assuming that it connected to internet, should I be safe with the 3 points mentioned above or if I risk something ?
Do incognito alone is enough to avoid getting banned if by any chance 90dns failed in some way or an other ?

Thanks for your reading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1