Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
made the backup photo of my Nintendo but I don't know why it gives me an error
Hmm, judging from the two screenshots you posted, it's probably a uppercase/lowercase issue. Hekate might be looking for only lowercase filename. Your backup is named RAWNAND.bin.00. I would rename to rawnand.bin.00. Also, at 31.26GB, it's probably the whole thing. If you don't have a file named RAWNAND.bin.01 in the folder, just rename your RAWNAND.bin.00 to rawnand.bin and try again to restore it.

Reactions: valelisa29

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you only have to update if you have games you can’t play. There’s no burning hot features in 15.0.1

15.0.0 and 15.0.1 are identical except for some minor edge cases. No update was required from Atmosphere… 1.4.0 still works with both.

just update tools as usual with a new release. Almost everything has been updated at this point.

You found them! Just unzip at the root of your SDCard. They include everything you need for all situations. No more need for different sets. Fusee.zip instructions are old. Don’t worry…it’s all in there. :-)

if you get stuck: https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy
Just poped by to say thanks!

Successfully back up to date ; )

Reactions: binkinator

valelisa29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
party backup works thanks a lot to everyone 🙂😘
Post automatically merged:

the backup of my Nintendo switch was fine but it makes me this mistake 🙂🥲

Attachments

• 20221114_144044.jpg
    20221114_144044.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • 20221114_144309.jpg
    20221114_144309.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 25
  • 20221114_144354.jpg
    20221114_144354.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
Last edited by valelisa29,

Snowii123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
At this point, I'd recommend deleting the /atmosphere folder on your SD card and downloading a new one from the official GitHub page.

What was the last thing you did with your console before this problem started happening?
thanks a lot for the reply!

I have ended up overwriting new Atmosphere on the SD card, updating fusee.bin, updating the hekate on my rcm jig to the latest and then updating the FW itself via Daybreak.

Already installed stuff seems to work fine but I am assuming I will have to update the sigpatches too, right? And of course fingers crossed for tinfoil actually working as from looking around this seems to be a usual suspsect of what doesn`t work...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
party backup works thanks a lot to everyone 🙂😘

the backup of my Nintendo switch was fine but it makes me this mistake 🙂🥲
You're using ReiNX which has been discontinued. Switch to using Atmosphere.
thanks a lot for the reply!

I have ended up overwriting new Atmosphere on the SD card, updating fusee.bin, updating the hekate on my rcm jig to the latest and then updating the FW itself via Daybreak.

Already installed stuff seems to work fine but I am assuming I will have to update the sigpatches too, right? And of course fingers crossed for tinfoil actually working as from looking around this seems to be a usual suspsect of what doesn`t work...
Download the latest patches from this thread. I also highly recommend switching to TinWoo Installer. Its what I personally use and I never have any issues while using it.

Reactions: Snowii123

Snowii123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
is that some branch of awoo? as that`s what I was using before as I vaguely remember I had issues with tinfoil as well back in the day.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is that some branch of awoo? as that`s what I was using before as I vaguely remember I had issues with tinfoil as well back in the day.
To be more precise, its a fork of Awoo. A person liked Awoo Installer but missed the features Tinleaf and so they combined the two homebrew apps into one forming TinWoo Installer.

Reactions: Snowii123

01X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried making an emunand today so I can use my sysnand to go online, but when I tried doing that according to the guides on NH switch, it told me that the stuff on my memory card would be formatted and I would lose everything.
I have 300gb of games on my switch so I really dont want to have to re-download everything. Anyone got any idea how I can do this without losing my games?
Thanks if you have any ideas!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried making an emunand today so I can use my sysnand to go online, but when I tried doing that according to the guides on NH switch, it told me that the stuff on my memory card would be formatted and I would lose everything.
I have 300gb of games on my switch so I really dont want to have to re-download everything. Anyone got any idea how I can do this without losing my games?
Thanks if you have any ideas!
Just make a backup of everything on your SD card before making the emuMMC then put everything back once the process is done.

Reactions: 01X

01X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just make a backup of everything on your SD card before making the emuMMC then put everything back once the process is done.

Ok thank you I will do this, and do you know how I can "wipe" clean out my sysnand so I can go online without getting a ban? Sorry if this is obvious but I am new at the switch stuff. I put a mod chip in a while ago and just was playing offline on the sysnand this whole time with atmosphere / tinfoil.

I'm wanting to go legit on the sysnand now and you know , keep all my games and stuff on the emunand for the offline uses still.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thank you I will do this, and do you know how I can "wipe" clean out my sysnand so I can go online without getting a ban? Sorry if this is obvious but I am new at the switch stuff. I put a mod chip in a while ago and just was playing offline on the sysnand this whole time with atmosphere / tinfoil.

I'm wanting to go legit on the sysnand now and you know , keep all my games and stuff on the emunand for the offline uses still.
You need a clean eMMC backup that was made before ever running any CFW or homebrew. Without that, its impossible to fully clean your sysMMC.

01X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need a clean eMMC backup that was made before ever running any CFW or homebrew. Without that, its impossible to fully clean your sysMMC.

oh wow I didnt know that. so theres no way to do like a format / recovery or factory restore similar to what android can do?
if theres no other way can you suggest some tips or something to possibly negate getting a nintendo ban when i do go online eventually. thanks for all the help appreciate it.

Last edited by 01X,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh wow I didnt know that. so theres no way to do like a format / recovery or factory restore similar to what android can do?
if theres no other way can you suggest some tips or something to possibly negate getting a nintendo ban when i do go online eventually. thanks for all the help appreciate it.
While you can perform a factory reset, its not enough to completely clean sysMMC. Think about it, why would Nintendo implement their own ban evasion feature?

01X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While you can perform a factory reset, its not enough to completely clean sysMMC. Think about it, why would Nintendo implement their own ban evasion feature?

Very true. Ok I did some digging on my HDD and I found three folders from 2020 when I first put this mod chip in. I think they are backups of the sysnand or emmu or whatever you call it. I used the SXOS to create them I'm pretty sure,

These are the first ones I have in a folder called backups. And these files are about 30GB so I think they are the backup that all the guides tell you to make at the start

Q9fhcho.png

Reactions: binkinator

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very true. Ok I did some digging on my HDD and I found three folders from 2020 when I first put this mod chip in. I think they are backups of the sysnand or emmu or whatever you call it. I used the SXOS to create them I'm pretty sure,

These are the first ones I have in a folder called backups. And these files are about 30GB so I think they are the backup that all the guides tell you to make at the start

Q9fhcho.png
Then as long as these were made before running CFW and homebrew, you can use Hekate to restore it.

Reactions: 01X and binkinator

01X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then as long as these were made before running CFW and homebrew, you can use Hekate to restore it.

Ok sorry to bother you but what order should I do this in, make the Emunand 1st and then copy my SD backup to that partition, then use the local sysnand backup that I have here and flash that onto the main partition or should I do this in some other order. Not sure exactly what to do on that one.
Thanks if you'll give me any advice.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok sorry to bother you but what order should I do this in, make the Emunand 1st and then copy my SD backup to that partition, then use the local sysnand backup that I have here and flash that onto the main partition or should I do this in some other order. Not sure exactly what to do on that one.
Thanks if you'll give me any advice.
The order doesn't really matter but since emuMMC is initially a copy of sysMMC, whatever data is stored in your sysMMC at the time will be carried over to emuMMC. So if you restore your backup and make your sysMMC clean, then so too will your emuMMC. If you make the emuMMC first, then the save data and installed content from the sysMMC will be moved to emuMMC as well.

• Love

01X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The order doesn't really matter but since emuMMC is initially a copy of sysMMC, whatever data is stored in your sysMMC at the time will be carried over to emuMMC. So if you restore your backup and make your sysMMC clean, then so too will your emuMMC. If you make the emuMMC first, then the save data and installed content from the sysMMC will be moved to emuMMC as well.

Ok awesome, thanks a lot you really seem to know your stuff and willing to help noobies. I appreciate it!!!

Ok well now I seem to be having some problems. The sysnand backup that I have was made with SXOS and I do not see any option to restore it from Hekate. I googled and found your replies about split restores from 2021 . But there is another issue. I know this sysnand backup is from many years ago which means that the fuses burnt are higher than the version of this backup. I have 15 burnt fuses now because I have gone to higher firmware versions on the device, but this sysnand backup was a very old one from 2020 so I'm guessing it was made with 11 fuses burnt, lower than current.

This is a problem because autoRCM cannot be enabled on this device since its a patched unit. so I'm not sure exactly how I will downgrade the firmwares back to a lower version on a patched unit that has a modchip in it. Am I basically stuck here or is there some ways for me to get back to fix this mess?

Last edited by 01X,
Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D