Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am overseas and I have no access to Nintendo store or playing online or anything any way around this ?
You want to access the eshop from a remote country? You could probably get something like NordVPN on your PC and then route your Switch traffic through the PC to get access to the eshop.

harticho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I'll update my switch for the first time in a year this week-end. I got in september 2021, it's an unpatched V1 I hacked with the help of someone on Discord. Unfortunately that user has gone and I don't want to mess everything up :D
I've read the tuto to upgrade atmosphere/hekate and I think I'm good to go.
A question though: back in 2021 I did a backup but i'm not sure if it's the sysnand or the emunand... I never used my sysnand, always on emunand. Should i do a back of my emunand, and if so, how?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'll update my switch for the first time in a year this week-end. I got in september 2021, it's an unpatched V1 I hacked with the help of someone on Discord. Unfortunately that user has gone and I don't want to mess everything up :D
I've read the tuto to upgrade atmosphere/hekate and I think I'm good to go.
A question though: back in 2021 I did a backup but i'm not sure if it's the sysnand or the emunand... I never used my sysnand, always on emunand. Should i do a back of my emunand, and if so, how?

You don't need a backup for Emunand, only if it was for Sysnand.

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi.
I just got an rcm usb loader. I was looking at the files in it and even though the color of the led is blue, which is supposed to be for hekate, the launch.txt says the path for SX0S.

Does it matter that it says that? I only need it for hekate. Would i need the other 2 at all? Not sure if I should try to remove them, or replace with something else.

Any info is appreciated :D

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I just got an rcm usb loader. I was looking at the files in it and even though the color of the led is blue, which is supposed to be for hekate, the launch.txt says the path for SX0S.

Does it matter that it says that? I only need it for hekate. Would i need the other 2 at all? Not sure if I should try to remove them, or replace with something else.

Any info is appreciated :D
Just rename the latest Hekate.x.x.x.bin to payload.bin and drop a copy of payload.bin in each folder….that way colors won’t matter. If you decide at a later date you want a special payload with a special color you can decide at that time.

Reactions: Windsall

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just rename the latest Hekate.x.x.x.bin to payload.bin and drop a copy of payload.bin in each folder….that way colors won’t matter. If you decide at a later date you want a special payload with a special color you can decide at that time.
Going with that.
Any reason to have any other payloads? like lockpick or tegra. Just curious

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going with that.
Any reason to have any other payloads? like lockpick or tegra. Just curious
You can put them in /bootloader/payloads and get to them via Hekate menu. Much less hassle IMO. If you want to play with them on your RCM Loader, take one slot (red is next I believe) and rename lockpick_RCM to payload.bin and try it out with the knowledge that you can use any other slot to get back to your regular switch. Start small…

bloopland33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's a guess/totally unscientific, but what's the upper limit on how long you can be in the ban queue before the next wave? Like, has anyone ever gotten a ban 6-12 months later?

I'm assuming after 2 months I'm more or less probably in the clear, maybe 3. Unless, again, there are stories of people getting hit 4+ months later or something

All I did was have someone transfer a save to my cloud that I then pulled down on a clean Switch, so I don't have ongoing homebrew activity every time I'm on my Switch

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A while back someone had said certain rcm loaders shouldn't be updated (like the firmware). Is there a way to know which rcm loader I have, and if it would ever need to be updated, or if it should always be left alone ?

@binkinator thx for the ideas btw. I think ill put it in the hekate folder for now (if i didnt already put them there)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A while back someone had said certain rcm loaders shouldn't be updated (like the firmware). Is there a way to know which rcm loader I have, and if it would ever need to be updated, or if it should always be left alone ?

@binkinator thx for the ideas btw. I think ill put it in the hekate folder for now (if i didnt already put them there)
It was @The Real Jdbye ’s thread here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fake-rcmloader-dongles-in-the-wild.620470/#post-9968439

I believe it was in a state where it could not be updated vs updating causing something bad to happen.

The V1 rcmloader came in a clear-ish plastic case.

The V2 comes in a white box.

You can find the updated firmware here:

https://www.xkit.xyz/support/

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was @The Real Jdbye ’s thread here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fake-rcmloader-dongles-in-the-wild.620470/#post-9968439

I believe it was in a state where it could not be updated vs updating causing something bad to happen.

The V1 rcmloader came in a clear-ish plastic case.

The V2 comes in a white box.

You can find the updated firmware here:

https://www.xkit.xyz/support/

I didnt find into on whether to udpate or not in the thread, but the one I got came in a box, so i guess it's V2?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's a guess/totally unscientific, but what's the upper limit on how long you can be in the ban queue before the next wave? Like, has anyone ever gotten a ban 6-12 months later?

I'm assuming after 2 months I'm more or less probably in the clear, maybe 3. Unless, again, there are stories of people getting hit 4+ months later or something

All I did was have someone transfer a save to my cloud that I then pulled down on a clean Switch, so I don't have ongoing homebrew activity every time I'm on my Switch
Was it a high profile game like ACNH? Was it an Online competitive game? Did the game save have cheats in it?

If the answer is no…you’re probably going to be fine. Probably.

I’m currently running a similar experiment where I’m going online with a replacement MMC. Not cheating, no piracy, just replacement of a broken chip, just to see if it meets the ban requirements. So far I’ve been waiting for 30 days of going online every day and nothing so far, but yeah….I don’t know how long the wait should be so I’m going for 90 days.

If anyone knows how long it might be between ban cycles…I too would be grateful! :-)
Post automatically merged:

I didnt find into on whether to udpate or not in the thread, but the one I got came in a box, so i guess it's V2?
Cool. Then it’s the first link on the support page I posted above. Instructions are right there as well. It simply won’t run if there are issues. It;s not going to brick anything. To be clear though…you don’t HAVE to upgrade. It will run just fine out of the box.

Last edited by binkinator,

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have another issue right now, and I don't understand why.

When I try to boot into stock firmware from hakate, it gives me this error:

"Unknown pkg1 version.
HOS version not supported!
Trying backup bootloader...
Found pkg1 <*numbers*>.

[repeate msg]

Failed to launch HOS!

press any key"

And it goes back into hekate when i press a system button.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another issue right now, and I don't understand why.

When I try to boot into stock firmware from hakate, it gives me this error:

"Unknown pkg1 version.
HOS version not supported!
Trying backup bootloader...
Found pkg1 <*numbers*>.

[repeate msg]

Failed to launch HOS!

press any key"

And it goes back into hekate when i press a system button.
What does your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini look like?

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What does your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini look like?
I had asked how to remove the option for cfw sysmmc, and someone said i could remove it from that file, which I did remove that part of it.
I just tried with the old original one, and it still gives me the same error, even after I reloaded hekate ..

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had asked how to remove the option for cfw sysmmc, and someone said i could remove it from that file, which I did remove that part of it.
I just tried with the old original one, and it still gives me the same error, even after I reloaded hekate ..
Please post what you have in that file here.

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please post what you have in that file here.

This is the original i had:

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

And I had removed the cfw - sysmmc part. Now I'm using back this original one but it's doing the same thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: