Hacking [SUPPORT] rxTools Official technical support thread

Sels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you can. Before you do that, install the original FBI app (with its own icon, not the injected version) because when you update, it will remove the health and safety version. Also you will have to reinstall the time warp browser after you update (unless you spoofed the version).
Okay thanks samiam144!

Reactions: samiam144

Sels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay thanks samiam144!
Update.
0273d9eb17eceadadc6d6644b0b7471e.jpg
I have successfully updated emunand to latest firmware and even installed browser timewarp!

gbtmpsr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got some questions about GBA.

GBA games can be ran through emunand, or sysnand. They still have to be installed to both emunand and sysnand if your nands are unlinked! GBA games are better off installed on SD, not nand, since nand has limited space.

You say they can be run in both modes, but where exactly do I install them? If I install a GBA game in Emunand, doesn't that mean it already goes to the SD card, or should I boot in Sysnand and pick SD mode in FBI in this case? My nands are unlinked, so when you say they must be installed to both which mode should I pick in FBI for them? One could think installing to Emunand and Sysnand means booting in both modes and choosing either mode in FBI.

I tried to install some GBA games with and without patched AGB_FIRM, but they just won't load, all I get is a black screen. I've seen people talking about this problem here, other boards and some sites as well, but I don't know what went wrong and we might be making the same mistakes. I have an O3DS downgraded to 4.x and I'm running rxTools 2.6.

STEP 1:

Old 3DS and 2DS users - No gateway or cubic ninja? Try FBI Injection!

1.In your SD card, there should be a Nintendo 3DS folder. Open it, and open the folder inside that. There should be another, so open that too. You should see an extdata folder. Make a new folder (not inside the extdata folder, but in the same directory as it) called “dbs”. If the dbs folder already exists, and you have a title.db and import.db file inside, you do not need to create anthing. Go into the folder and make a blank text file, named “title.db” and “import.db”.

Shouldn't this be in step 2 or at least after you format Emunand?

Last edited by gbtmpsr,

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got some questions about GBA.

You say they can be ran in both modes, but where exactly do I install them? If I install a GBA game in Emunand, doesn't that mean it already goes to the SD card, or should I boot in Sysnand and pick SD mode in FBI in this case? My nands are unlinked, so when you say they must be installed to both which mode should I pick in FBI for them? One could think installing to Emunand and Sysnand means booting in both modes and choosing either mode in FBI.

I tried to install some GBA games with and without patched AGB_FIRM, but they just won't load, all I get is a black screen. I've seen people talking about this problem here, other boards and some sites as well, but I don't know what went wrong and we might be making the same mistakes. I have an O3DS downgraded to 4.x and I'm running rxTools 2.6.

Shouldn't this be in step 2 or at least after you format Emunand?
Okay let me be more clear. GBA games can be run in both modes, which is true. To run them in sysnand, install them in rxmode sysnand. To run them in emunand though, you must understand this: If your nands are linked, then you only install them to emunand. If they are unlinked, which they are in your case, you install them in both rxmode sysnand and emunand. Now to answer your question: GBA games are ALWAYS installed to destination = SD in FBI, always. The only time you should ever install to destination = Nand is if you are installing a system title (like the browser, mset, etc.) or DSi games (which only work in rxmode sysnand anyways).

To be even more precise (lol):

Booting FBI while in rxmode sysnand:
-Destination Nand -> installs directly into the 3ds system nand
-Destination SD -> installs to SD. If you are unlinked, it will install to sysnand's ID folder. If you are linked it will install to the ID folder that sysnand and emunand share but only sysnand will be able to launch it, even though you can see it while in emunand.

Booting FBI while in rxmode emunand:
-Destination Nand -> installs to the emunand partition on the 3ds sd card.
-Destination SD - > installs to SD in emunand's ID folder. If you are linked, you can see the title in sysnand as well but can only launch it in emunand.

To answer your other question: true, but I also put that step after Step 3. I put it in step 1 as well just in case there is someone following the guide that just bought a 3ds and hasn't accessed the eShop at all :)

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
now that 9.9 is out can I safely update my rxTools v2.6 on 9.8 emunand to latest emunand?

Not that I go online but still..

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Still want to know this.
All you had to do was read the release page. Despite that:

2.5.2 - adds region free, can boot without bringing up the menu (like gateway), ability to boot to sysnand
2.6 - improved region free, faster emunand booting
3.0 Alpha - Themes, MSET on any firmware from 4.x up to 9.2

GBA support still works, and you don't need to choose between SSB4/MH4U or GBA games, you can have both on one rxtools.dat

You update by replacing rxtools.dat and firmware.bin (get the new one by installing Python 2.7 and running cdn_firm.py in the tools folder)

zerolinks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm having issues accessing the notifications app. I had received some streetpasses and some spotpass notifications and when I go to check them the app crashes and asks to restart the system. Could this be a cia region issue? Or an Rxtools issue?

Does anyone know.

Pikawil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
So, I'm having issues accessing the notifications app. I had received some streetpasses and some spotpass notifications and when I go to check them the app crashes and asks to restart the system. Could this be a cia region issue? Or an Rxtools issue?

Does anyone know.
Are you on emuNand 9.9? Same thing happening with me too there and I too would like to have a query on this. Pretty sure it's a rxTools issue on both 2.6 and 3.0b6; I can confirm that Gateway 3.3 doesn't have the notifications issue on emuNand 9.9.

zerolinks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you on emuNand 9.9? Same thing happening with me too. Pretty sure it's a rxTools issue on both 2.6 and 3.0b6; I can confirm Gateway 3.3 doesn't have the notifications issue on emuNand 9.9.
Yeah. I just updated to 9.9 earlier today.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you had to do was read the release page. Despite that:

2.5.2 - adds region free, can boot without bringing up the menu (like gateway), ability to boot to sysnand
2.6 - improved region free, faster emunand booting
3.0 Alpha - Themes, MSET on any firmware from 4.x up to 9.2

GBA support still works, and you don't need to choose between SSB4/MH4U or GBA games, you can have both on one rxtools.dat

You update by replacing rxtools.dat and firmware.bin (get the new one by installing Python 2.7 and running cdn_firm.py in the tools folder)
I did read that, but it seems like the version I have already did all that except the SSB4/MH4U. Already have themes, but they came from CIAs.

Reading the posts above, I wonder if I update my emunand if I'll hit that notification bug.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did read that, but it seems like the version I have alre.ady did all that except the SSB4/MH4U. Already have themes, but they came from CIAs.

Reading the posts above, I wonder if I update my emunand if I'll hit that notification bug.
The patched 2.4 doesn't have region free (although region-patched cias typically work no matter which CFW you use), faster boot time, or booting without internet (MSET). Theme feature refers to the rxmenu themeing, not the 3ds home menu themes. The notification happens only on rxmode sysnand with I believe rxtools 2.6; has nothing to do with whether you update your emunand or not, so it should be fine if you do.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The patched 2.4 doesn't have region free (although region-patched cias typically work no matter which CFW you use), faster boot time, or booting without internet (MSET). Theme feature refers to the rxmenu themeing, not the 3ds home menu themes. The notification happens only on rxmode sysnand with I believe rxtools 2.6; has nothing to do with whether you update your emunand or not, so it should be fine if you do.
I almost never use Sysnand on that 3DS. Not much point. Okay. Thanks.

gbtmpsr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay let me be more clear. GBA games can be run in both modes, which is true. To run them in sysnand, install them in rxmode sysnand. To run them in emunand though, you must understand this: If your nands are linked, then you only install them to emunand. If they are unlinked, which they are in your case, you install them in both rxmode sysnand and emunand. Now to answer your question: GBA games are ALWAYS installed to destination = SD in FBI, always. The only time you should ever install to destination = Nand is if you are installing a system title (like the browser, mset, etc.) or DSi games (which only work in rxmode sysnand anyways).

Thanks for your help, I got GBA to work. I was installing them to the right place but the problem here was probably with the file slot0x25KeyX.bin or whatever that was causing an X to appear during installation, in fact I also replaced firmware.bin with another file. I was originally using the files I got from a pack made by another user here, this time I generated my own files. Like I said before, I know many people who can't play GBA at all, if you're one of them you might check those two files.

JagN9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AGB_FIRM error keeps appearing even after reinstalling the title on sys. Can't install it on 9.9 emu.

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
does anybody know why my pokemon cartidges doesn´t work on 9.9 emunand and 4.2 sysnand i want to take transfera lot of pokemon from my pc to my 3ds but it says that my data is corrupted and when i play on my 9.9 sysnand XL it works okay

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
does anybody know why my pokemon cartidges doesn´t work on 9.9 emunand and 4.2 sysnand i want to take transfera lot of pokemon from my pc to my 3ds but it says that my data is corrupted and when i play on my 9.9 sysnand XL it works okay

most retail carts require at least 6.x encryption, which 4.x sysnand cannot read. You need to update sysnand to at least 6.x if you want to play that cart on both hacked sets (using rxtools) and normal sets (9.9 sysnand)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...