ROM Hack Summon Night Swordcraft Story: Beginnings Stone

TheEdgeFencer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really need help with correcting the grammar or anything; that's my job entirely. Knowledge of Japanese would be very helpful though, yes.

The only real problems I'm facing right now are some stiff and vague translations that can't really be 'proofread' since they're not understandable to begin with.
On those lines, I have to either
1. Make up my own lines that fit in the context(This is where your English needing to be decent is a requirement) or
2. Get a better translation of the text from someone who can understand Japanese.

If you think you can do at least one of the two points noted above, you can help me out.

I might be able to help with the making up lines that would fit in context. I'm a native English speaker, and I've been told I'm really good with writing, at least as long as I care enough about what I'm writing, so if you think I could be of some use, please let me know, as I have nothing going on except for on the 29th of this month through the 4th of July.

AnnieTheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I might be able to help with the making up lines that would fit in context. I'm a native English speaker, and I've been told I'm really good with writing, at least as long as I care enough about what I'm writing, so if you think I could be of some use, please let me know, as I have nothing going on except for on the 29th of this month through the 4th of July.
I'm not a native, but I write game scripts for my games often, so I'll be useful too :lol:

killfith22

Trophies
XP
Country
finally, too much lurking from the shadows.. glad to hav my accnt, thanks a lot for the current patch... btw please dont give up on translating SN3.. here always to cheer.. Hype!

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was going to complain about the logo but looks like it's based on the official localziation release... well the oficial could be better /runs/
Great work! This is looking great!

kirito1215

Trophies
XP
Country
it's nice to be back my phone gave up lasr 2 weeks so I
borrowed my sisters tab to check what's happening XD

Revolsin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More progress!

Got done with another day just now. As promised, it's gotten a lot faster because I'm not as busy.

Don't be too concerned about getting a new patch. EarthDarkness is a pretty busy guy, but for sure he'll get it done. Meanwhile, we're not losing any time because I'm working on this bit by bit everyday, so we're getting constant progress on it.

Last edited by Revolsin,

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
More progress!

Got done with another day just now. As promised, it's gotten a lot faster because I'm not as busy.

Don't be too concerned about getting a new patch. EarthDarkness is a pretty busy guy, but for sure he'll get it done. Meanwhile, we're not losing any time because I'm working on this bit by bit everyday, so we're getting constant progress on it.

Thanks Revolsin :) i'm glad proofreading is still at it, you guys are really helpful! I do wonder if you didn't find any other inconsistencies in the exported script? like keishiro pointed out, in one script the tags for rufeel didn't have any data for eyes/mouth, etc. I told earthdarkness so he'll take a look into it (my gut feeling says we'll get more news on july 12th).

I've decided to come back and lend a hand to help in this project too. Extracted the final japanese graphics in the game and arranged them to finish their translations they are:

credits: i'll get their names finishing SCS 2
Lottery graphics:arranged them using crystaltile 2 (i've gotten used to it) and there does not seem to be tiledata involved, so finishing them shouldn't be too hard.

Reactions: RealMayJay

kirito1215

Trophies
XP
Country
in one script the tags for rufeel didn't have any data for eyes/mouth, etc. I told earthdarkness so he'll take a look into it (my gut feeling says we'll get more news on july 12th).

I've decided to come back and lend a hand to help in this project too. Extracted the final japanese graphics in the game and arranged them to finish their translations they are:

credits: i'll get their names finishing SCS 2
Lottery graphics:arranged them using crystaltile 2 (i've gotten used to it) and there does not seem to be tiledata involved, so finishing them shouldn't be too hard.
does that mean there is a glitch with rufeel?! she's my favorite guardian beast. and Pablitox Welcome Back. ^-^

Last edited by kirito1215,

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
does that mean there is a glitch with rufeel?! she's my favorite guardian beast. and Pablitox Welcome Back. ^-^
The tags assigned to her do not show any information about the eyes, mouth which is important. I told earthdarkness and he'll solve it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...