ROM Hack Summon Night Swordcraft Story: Beginnings Stone

Salixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey dudes. Just remember this game existed. Good to see progress being made.
Props to @Pablitox for keeping the project alive. And especially @EarthDarkness for diving in and developing insertion/extraction tools. Seriously, trying to translate something with no context is a nightmare.
That said, if there's still work to be done on translation/proofreading kind of things, I can help. Though I may not remember all the proper game terminology.

Best of luck to all.

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey dudes. Just remember this game existed. Good to see progress being made.
Props to @Pablitox for keeping the project alive. And especially @EarthDarkness for diving in and developing insertion/extraction tools. Seriously, trying to translate something with no context is a nightmare.
That said, if there's still work to be done on translation/proofreading kind of things, I can help. Though I may not remember all the proper game terminology.

Best of luck to all.
Hi there Salixa!! long time no see! I remember you from when Oil_ was still leading the project:grog:good times! Yeah, It really was, I still remember Macaronron fuzzing about it on the chat. A bit late but I managed to order them in story order thanks to Earth, using a breakpoint and writing down the script that's being loaded.

Your help will be more than welcome!^_^ I think Revolsin reached up to the second day of the game, so you'll want to start with the third day and read the other ones. I'll send you the link to the proofreading page (it's in a google drive folder) and instructions about how to do it as the exported script is formatted and we want to keep it to make insertion easier. Earth asked me for the first day scripts which I gave him, hopefully there will be screenshots soon to show that inserted script (the one I want to show the most is the choice script one).

Cheers!

kirito1215

Trophies
XP
Country
Why won't we change the opening credits to our names since the original creators' names are at the end credits.

Zelly_9191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey I may be a little late to jump in on this but I would love to help! I'll be unable to translate any text; however, i'm pretty handy when it comes to image editing and I have some knowledge of script editing. I've been a huge fan of the Summon Night: Sword Craft Story games since I was a kid, and I have been around to watch this project die only to be resurrected previously in the past. (My only request is that if I do help I would like to avoid Huge spoilers if possible!)

Regardless of whether I can help out or not, everyone working on this project deserves a huge pat on the back for the time and effort that has gone in to this project so far! :yay: I mean it thank you so much!

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey I may be a little late to jump in on this but I would love to help! I'll be unable to translate any text; however, i'm pretty handy when it comes to image editing and I have some knowledge of script editing. I've been a huge fan of the Summon Night: Sword Craft Story games since I was a kid, and I have been around to watch this project die only to be resurrected previously in the past. (My only request is that if I do help I would like to avoid Huge spoilers if possible!)

Regardless of whether I can help out or not, everyone working on this project deserves a huge pat on the back for the time and effort that has gone in to this project so far! :yay: I mean it thank you so much!
That'd be most useful Nevik.

Well if you want to avoid spoilers of the game, the thing that you could help me with is the lottery prize graphics, i'd need help to shape the translations, I can help with insertion of the translated ones. I'll send you the work i have done so you can check it, polish it and then i'll insert it.

Zelly_9191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey! :D

Hi Nevik.
Based on your profile you also know pokemon right?

Yes kirito you are correct. My basic scripting knowledge comes from my time editing Pokemon games (none of which where released).

That'd be most useful Nevik.

Well if you want to avoid spoilers of the game, the thing that you could help me with is the lottery prize graphics, i'd need help to shape the translations, I can help with insertion of the translated ones. I'll send you the work i have done so you can check it, polish it and then i'll insert it.

Thanks Pablitox! Just send me a PM and i'll give you an email address you can send stuff to. I would prefer it be done that way as I can get updates quicker through email, however if you have another method i'm not aware of or you would rather do it on here i'm cool with that too. I apologize for how much of a newbie I am. I'm kind of still getting used to Gbatemp!

Salixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there Salixa!! long time no see! I remember you from when Oil_ was still leading the project:grog:good times! Yeah, It really was, I still remember Macaronron fuzzing about it on the chat. A bit late but I managed to order them in story order thanks to Earth, using a breakpoint and writing down the script that's being loaded.

Your help will be more than welcome!^_^ I think Revolsin reached up to the second day of the game, so you'll want to start with the third day and read the other ones. I'll send you the link to the proofreading page (it's in a google drive folder) and instructions about how to do it as the exported script is formatted and we want to keep it to make insertion easier. Earth asked me for the first day scripts which I gave him, hopefully there will be screenshots soon to show that inserted script (the one I want to show the most is the choice script one).

Cheers!

Good old days of staring at text boxes with a bright orange background and getting your work overridden by random passer-bys. I think we're all glad to have gotten past that. One thing that I'm not clear about, are lines still limited by character size?

Anyway, send me a PM and I'll get started. This project has been going on for much too long; let's make sure it can finally see the light of day.

EarthDarkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing that I'm not clear about, are lines still limited by character size?

There are some types of text inside the script that the game uses.
The two that happen most of the time are the ones represented by the tags: <dialogue> and <bigtext>.

The <dialogue> is you common text that appears inside textboxes most of the time. For this there isn't a limit of translated text, but every line still need to be 36 characters long. The thing is you can add as many lines as you want.

The <bigtext> is a more refined text that can be displayed at any x:y coordinate of the screen and have some visual effects. This text can be of normal size, double size, incremente a decrementing size. When the text is big the limit per nine seems to be 20 characters. In this one we also can add more lines but generally the type of text they display don't look so good when Split into multiple lines.

Reactions: Pablitox

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey! :D

Yes kirito you are correct. My basic scripting knowledge comes from my time editing Pokemon games (none of which where released).

Thanks Pablitox! Just send me a PM and i'll give you an email address you can send stuff to. I would prefer it be done that way as I can get updates quicker through email, however if you have another method i'm not aware of or you would rather do it on here i'm cool with that too. I apologize for how much of a newbie I am. I'm kind of still getting used to Gbatemp!

Sent you a PM Nevik :D

Good old days of staring at text boxes with a bright orange background and getting your work overridden by random passer-bys. I think we're all glad to have gotten past that. One thing that I'm not clear about, are lines still limited by character size?

Anyway, send me a PM and I'll get started. This project has been going on for much too long; let's make sure it can finally see the light of day.

No kidding about that one, PM sent!

Also, this will be useful:

There are some types of text inside the script that the game uses.
The two that happen most of the time are the ones represented by the tags: <dialogue> and <bigtext>.

The <dialogue> is you common text that appears inside textboxes most of the time. For this there isn't a limit of translated text, but every line still need to be 36 characters long. The thing is you can add as many lines as you want.

The <bigtext> is a more refined text that can be displayed at any x:y coordinate of the screen and have some visual effects. This text can be of normal size, double size, incremente a decrementing size. When the text is big the limit per nine seems to be 20 characters. In this one we also can add more lines but generally the type of text they display don't look so good when Split into multiple lines.

Salixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those of you with access to the gDrive, note that there's a new folder called "_Organized Scripts". Here you'll find the Japanese script split into Days and sorted by order according to @Pablitox's work. If you could place all of your English proofread files into these subfolders from now on (and ideally, the work that's been done so far as well...), it would make it much easier to keep track of progress. See "Day 0" for an example of where to place things.

Last edited by Salixa,

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Those of you with access to the gDrive, note that there's a new folder called "_Organized Scripts". Here you'll find the Japanese script split into Days and sorted by order according to @Pablitox's work. If you could place all of your English proofread files into these subfolders from now on (and ideally, the work that's been done so far as well...), it would make it much easier to keep track of progress. See "Day 0" for an example of where to place things.
it looks more tidy that way, thanks salixa.

Btw, @Nevik_9191 made a translation on the lottery graphic menu which I inserted:

success!.PNG

Though it'd be better if it said Tries Left: (number), I guess we should take a look at the tile data.

HeroicDumpling

Trophies
XP
Country
Long time lurker here X)

After much contemplating, I decided to go "tada!" and poof came the HeroicDumpling

A thousand thanks to the team for making it possible for us to play the game in english (soon)

Psssttt..person in charge, If you don't mind I would also like to try my hand on the graphics editing XD maybe I'll just go drop my school loads and edit some stuffs.

Salixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Progress update:

Started proofreading at Day 7 to avoid conflicts with @Revolsin and others' work. Currently about 50% done with it. Planning on doing everything from here to post game, plus a final overview of the script for consistency if I have the time. Though I'd prefer not to. Not much of a writer.

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sorry the late response:

Long time lurker here X)

After much contemplating, I decided to go "tada!" and poof came the HeroicDumpling

A thousand thanks to the team for making it possible for us to play the game in english (soon)

Psssttt..person in charge, If you don't mind I would also like to try my hand on the graphics editing XD maybe I'll just go drop my school loads and edit some stuffs.

That part is already taken by @Nevik_9191 . Thanks for the offer though!

Progress update:

Started proofreading at Day 7 to avoid conflicts with @Revolsin and others' work. Currently about 50% done with it. Planning on doing everything from here to post game, plus a final overview of the script for consistency if I have the time. Though I'd prefer not to. Not much of a writer.

Awesome :D Meanwhile I'm helping insert the translated CRAFT SWORD graphics, afraid STORY won't fit it without looking horrible, for now we'll just stick to SWORDCRAFT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've always been kind to @AncientBoi