psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarthNemesis said:
Found a way around the space issue; I just padded the arm9 and used dslazy to build a version with more free space for crystaltile to use.
Hm?!
Wait, can you tell me what you actually did, and does this give more space in the arm9.bin for you to edit text inside it?

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
Hm?!
Wait, can you tell me what you actually did, and does this give more space in the arm9.bin for you to edit text inside it?
Well, the padded arm9 is just to give crystaltile enough room to work. It's replaced by your edited file. I don't see why you couldn't add data to the edited file too as long as you update the pointers accordingly, though.

1. Unpack with dslazy
2. Hex edit arm9.bin, add padding at end
3. Pack with dslazy
4. Open the new file with crystaltile2
5. Highlight arm9.bin, right click and select Compress, and pick your edited arm9.bin that wouldn't fit before
6. Export the newly compressed replacement arm9 and use dslazy to pack the final game

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh, I get what you mean.

But I have a question, why wouldn't the edited arm9.bin fit? Did you increase the size of it, or is it just the compression algorithm, so the arm9.bin didn't just compress to the original size?

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
Oh, I get what you mean.

But I have a question, why wouldn't the edited arm9.bin fit? Did you increase the size of it, or is it just the compression algorithm, so the arm9.bin didn't just compress to the original size?
Yeah, the file is the same size uncompressed, but compressed it ends up larger than the original.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maxi and me took a look at those last untranslated Items, some of the weird katakana ones seem to be french words (which make no sense but uh well..) some of the blades seem to be fairy-, demon and mythologyterms, we're not 100% sure but most of them seemed to fit, changed some so they are not too weird (malevolent spirit -> demon), Maxi is double checking the stuff that was already translated.

And we changed Fists to Gloves... is that okay? (we discussed it for a while and agreed that it sounds better, but uh, what do you think?)

I'm not sure how much of the script Maxi translated so far, forgot to ask him, will do tmr IF he calls me.. else I'll ask him next time I see him online....

uhm yeah, that's all. :>

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
miruki said:
And we changed Fists to Gloves... is that okay? (we discussed it for a while and agreed that it sounds better, but uh, what do you think?)
Sure, that's fine. Good job so far!

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
DarthNemesis said:
War said:
I went to go help out, but looks like everything in that spreadsheet has been translated.
There are 7 pages...
I think that we should notify them in the first post that the spreadsheet is divided into sheets
smileipb2.png

Malgamus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so you know this is part of the core series of SN games. Swordcraft Story and TA were side series. This game is a strategy RPG along with the other games in the main series.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The current roadblock is writing a graphic editor that can take NANR/NSCR files, convert them to BMPs, and then read in a replacement. I've gotten the NSCR export done and most of the import, but NANR files are animations and thus much more complicated. crystaltile2 can do some editing for NSCR files, but it only replaces individual tiles; it can't reassign palettes.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarthNemesis said:
The current roadblock is writing a graphic editor that can take NANR/NSCR files, convert them to BMPs, and then read in a replacement. I've gotten the NSCR export done and most of the import, but NANR files are animations and thus much more complicated. crystaltile2 can do some editing for NSCR files, but it only replaces individual tiles; it can't reassign palettes.
About the NSCR map file that summon night uses...
you know how in NCGR/NSCR/NCLR file types, everything required is defined in the files
so won't it just be easier to create 3 whole new files rather than trying to edit them?
Like just create an 8bpp NCGR instead of the 4bpp that used multiple palettes, 1 big NCLR palette, and create the NSCR that has a really basic map? So you can just make a new map that has tiles in order... Dunno, just a thought.
And also aren't NCER/NCBR files animations, too?
It can take a while if you are planning on NANR+NCER support... dunno..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, and blood and bones