AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What? All you have to do is run NNU Patcher and launch the game, which initiates the game update like normal. You NEVER have to go to Eshop for anything unless you still need Haxchi.
Not all games will update by just running nnu patcher first some you need to access the eshop first for them to work. This has been widely reported since the very first days of nnu patcher but nobody knows why you have to do it for some games lol. It's easier just to do that for every game rather than work out what does or doesn't work without going to eshop first.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not all games will update by just running nnu patcher first some you need to access the eshop first for them to work. This has been widely reported on the site since the first days of nnu patcher but nobody knows why you have to do it for some games lol. It's easier just to do that for every game rather than work out what does or doesn't work without going to eshop first.
I personally never had this issue, and I think it's easier to just try updating the game immediately rather than going to Eshop. I've updated numerous games with no problem this way. And even recently with Smash Bros.
If it's certain games, then it must be quite a few. I'm sure it'll just give you an error message anyhow and you can go to Eshop if you needed to then update after. All I ever use NNU Patcher for is game updates, which I never had to use Eshop at all.

It's not that I don't believe you, I just think it's silly that this would be the case : p

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I personally never had this issue, and I think it's easier to just try updating the game immediately rather than going to Eshop. I've updated numerous games with no problem this way. And even recently with Smash Bros.
If it's certain games, then it must be quite a few. I'm sure it'll just give you an error message anyhow and you can go to Eshop if you needed to then update after. All I ever use NNU Patcher for is game updates, which I never had to use Eshop at all.

It's not that I don't believe you, I just think it's silly that this would be the case : p
What would be so much easier is if nnu patcher could just be built into Mocha/Haxchi then we wouldn't have worry about running it at all lol.

Reactions: cyb0rg

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Not all games will update by just running nnu patcher first some you need to access the eshop first for them to work. This has been widely reported since the very first days of nnu patcher but nobody knows why you have to do it for some games lol. It's easier just to do that for every game rather than work out what does or doesn't work without going to eshop first.
That's an interesting claim. I pretty much read all update topics and I haven't come around a claim like this one. Source?
I'm very much doubtful of it to be honest. It's not the way the patcher technically works.
What would be so much easier is if nnu patcher could just be built into Mocha/Haxchi then we wouldn't have worry about running it at all lol.
That's actually a great idea!

Lezil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that you're having the same problem with multiple games tells me your problem is likely related to your router settings and/or your firewall settings.
https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/w...p?error_code=118-0515&system=Wiiu&locale=lang
thanks for the help i looked more into it today and found the same thing, but i tether my phone and use its internet, really sucks because i download at 2-3mbps via my phone and i know it can handle playing games since i play online with my PS .. sad day

AmyGrrl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just removed the Update folder. Still on 5.5.1. System no longer tries to update and I don't have to mess with DNS IP Addresses. Just have to run NNU-Patcher when I want eShop access or need to update a game. Also I didn't have to spoof the system version.

kagami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a small issue when trying to access the folder to delete it...

I used browserhax for HBC, launched Mocha, got into the browser again to launch ftpiiu_everywhere, then tried using FileZilla, the only folder shown was SD...

Fixed by using ftp://IP: Port on windows file explorer, it showed all folders

I'm gonna guess I lacked to tick an option on FileZilla or something, but didn't had the time to check

Last edited by kagami,

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for everyone...

Instead of deleting the folder, would renaming the folder be safe?

e.g. NAND\storage_mlc\sys\update.backup

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would anyone know why I my FTP Client (FileZilla) won't list any files in any of the root folder directories when I use ftpiiu_anywhere? Like, the main root directories show, but I can't access any thing else other than the SD card contents.

if u have multiple hdds plugged, that could be throwing it off. ftpii everywhere can only scan usb01. though, with your problem, r u sure u have the right ftpii everywhere? there r two versions, one being for cbhc only.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is effectively delete and create new directory with the new name..
You might as well just delete.
Except having that .backup in the name allows you to remember what the folder name was originally if you ever need to rename it back in the future.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1