AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a thought and not sure if this would be possible but couldn't nintendo just bring out an update that first of all checks if the update folder is present if not the folder is recreated then the update downloads?? That is why I see it as pointless to delete the folder when you can just keep update blockers on.

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Someone help me please, I am new to this.

I was using the browser exploit and the cfw booter to load the fw.img. Thats my whole setup.
What is the best way to get started again? I am ok with offline play. I am on 5.5.1 and removed my WLAN settings on the Wii U.
As I read, the best way should be to install haxchi (or even coldboot haxchi?), which requires me to go online and enter the eshop with my Wii U and buy a DS game.
But how do I enter the eshop without auto-update to 5.5.2?
You say I can spoof the Wii U to 5.5.2. FIRST I disable updates (by deleting the update folder (isnt that risky? I mean if I want to create that folder later, will it still be created with the same rights?) AFTER THAT I use your package on pastebin, is that correct?
But I still have to use the Browser Exploit for both steps in the first place, which requires me to connect my Wii U to the Internet.
I heard reports, that even with DNS block the Wii U makes an auto-update after all.
So do I have to do the self-hosting to delete the update folder to be 100% safe?
Thanks in advance

Yeah the better thing to do is migrate to Haxchi while you can ! You can still access eShop using DNS and NNU Patcher. Of course you can delete update folder for a more secure connection. But AFAIK loadiine.ovh DNS are correctly blocking update...

hierwecome

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi iAqua, i have a problem my wii u have update to 5.5.2 and i don't have installed de Haxchi before. It's possible to downgrade or existing a other solution?
Thank

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
aight so simple stuff apparently isn't simple enough

Stolen from @EmanueleBGN, thanks babe.
Requirements

• CFW
  • HBL
  • ftpiiu_everywhere
Guide
  • Start HBL via Browser or Haxchi
  • Start Mocha and go back to the Home menu
  • Start HBL again
  • Open ftpiiu_everywhere
  • Use FTP client to connect to your Wii U through its IP address
  • Open this folder: NAND > storage_mlc > sys
  • In "sys" you'll find the "update" folder: delete it
  • Go back to Home menu
  • Go to System settings > Update and try to update your Wii U. It will give 105-3012 error: this means that the system can download update data but it can't store them. Wii U can't re-create this folder
If you want to update again
  • Follow the guide until "6."
  • Create in "sys" a new "update" folder

you should thank @Shaoxudong the original poster

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tested-...lock-dns-and-no-firmware-install-pack.477824/

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No guys. The problem is simple really, but I guess you didn't know about it.

There are 2 versions of ftpiiu_everywhere. One by dimok to use with mocha (Which is what you have), and one by fix94 to use with haxchi/cbhc (you can find it in the op of haxchi's thread)

So the reason it worked for you in mocha is that you have mocha version, plain and simple :)
You are right, I had no clue there were two versions. :P Thank you for the info!

Reactions: Madridi

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spoofed to 5.5.2 using OP instructions.

Then cleared my DNS settings to auto and tried running eShop to buy BrainAge to I could install Haxchi.

Getting an error message saying "A system update is required. To get the update go to System Settings and select System Update" with a dialog to Quit or Update.

Any ideas on how I can get the eShop working?

TIA

Nevermind... used nnupatcher for HBL v0.1 and it worked fine. Was able to install Brain Age and will now finally install Haxchi.

Last edited by bostonBC,

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@iAqua so I tried to spoof my systemfw in order to download Brain Training, only it does not work. After running the spoofer, it still asks me to update my firmware... ._. I did install the correct region by the way.(Eu)

Edit: followed@BostonBC 's idea and it worked great! ^_^

Last edited by Langin,

lordlundar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to reiterate, the spoofing only helps with the system update prevention, not the eshop access, You still need to run Nuupatcher to access the eshop and handle game updates.

NekoVJ18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Loadiine gx2 not work anymore in my WiiU. I only use it for VC DS games but I spoofing to 5.5.2 from 5.5.1 and I disable the updates with FTP EVERYWHERE and dont work anymore. Is it a bug?

Mizo

はじめまして私わみぞです、よろしく。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I delete the "Update" folder on Sys I would not be able to update apps and games too or it's just for the System Update?

Thanks!

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a thought and not sure if this would be possible but couldn't nintendo just bring out an update that first of all checks if the update folder is present if not the folder is recreated then the update downloads?? That is why I see it as pointless to delete the folder when you can just keep update blockers on.
My question is how can Nintendo check if you have the update folder in the new update if you can't download said update? The only way the Wii U can start checking for the update folder is for you to install the new update that does so. At least that's what I think.

So if I delete the "Update" folder on Sys I would not be able to update apps and games too or it's just for the System Update?

Thanks!
You can still update games and apps, just not the system. I've updated both games and apps myself.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
aight so simple stuff apparently isn't simple enough

Yes this is safe, it's literally just version data, you can't brick.
Requirements
  • My Special Pack (located in my pastebin, same username)
  • Homebrew Launcher Entrypoint (Haxchi, browser, whatever)
  • Anything That Can Write to SD
  • Internet
Guide
  • Extract the pack, and find your region.
  • Copy the contents from your regions folder to the root of your SD card.
  • Boot into the homebrew launcher from loadiine.ovh and run wupinstaller.
  • Install, you're done.
Stolen from @EmanueleBGN, thanks babe!
Requirements

• CFW
  • HBL
  • ftpiiu_everywhere
Guide
  • Start HBL via Browser or Haxchi
  • Start Mocha and go back to the Home menu
  • Start HBL again
  • Open ftpiiu_everywhere
  • Use FTP client to connect to your Wii U through its IP address
  • Open this folder: NAND > storage_mlc > sys
  • In "sys" you'll find the "update" folder: delete it
  • Go back to Home menu
  • Go to System settings > Update and try to update your Wii U. It will give 105-3012 error: this means that the system can download update data but it can't store them. Wii U can't re-create this folder
If you want to update again
  • Follow the guide until step "6." (count)
  • Create in "sys" a new "update" folder
so yoou do not need cbhc for this ?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: After spoofing, can you access eshop or game updates without nnu patcher?

Still currently confused why people would spoof and how its ever useful. Everything seems to work fine for me without it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +2