Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it does matter cause i was actually intending to use it for RE: Revelations for online play to help other lower level get to level 50 fast. the gameplay style isn't where we attach each other it's 2 players vs the monsters so the faster i help down the monsters the more point are earned (shared) between the both of us at the end of a match. this gives a big boost to the other player when i'm already maxed out on level 50 and helps speed up the process. Now that is completely different from hacking a game like MK7 so you can will all the time and mess up other people (ftw)
Your still breaking the even playing field. What about the other players that you didn't help? Also why do you have to cheat for others? Can't you just play the game legitimately and help them that way? Cheating is not necessary to help others get better at the game, it's just for people who are too lazy to actually do the hard parts.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
will this run gamecube games through retroarch?? No? i didn't think so...
Unsure if srs, but not even if you attached a gc motherboard to the n3ds screen.
or even screen streaming from a PC.

It just doesn't have the power/architechture needed.

If it's actively developed i can see it being some sort of "Infinity for the PSP" on the 3DS. So you wouldn't need to update ot any longer and have a completely unpatchable cfw. But it really depends how it's implemented. If the payload it's integrated into the firm (not just the jumper as a9lh) then it's little practical/risky to be constantly updating every time your cfw updates.

Reactions: Noelemahc

StandardBus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would really need a way to swap NANDs between 3DS' in order to save some 2.1 bricked n3DS customers sent to me.
This exploit BTW is simply amazing if it can be applied directly via hardmod. As hardmodder, this would save hours of my time.

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
I would really need a way to swap NANDs between 3DS' in order to save some 2.1 bricked n3DS customers sent to me.
This exploit BTW is simply amazing if it can be applied directly via hardmod. As hardmodder, this would save hours of my time.
Are there any files left on the NAND? If their are you could do a ctrnand transfer as described in the 3ds guide, it should completely wipe the 3ds and keep the console specfic files unless those are the files that caused the brick in the first place

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can we hardmod a bricked 3DS that comes with no NAND backup and use SigHax to load a NAND backup coming from a different 3DS?

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I am pretty pumped for this. Progress no matter how big or small is always great for the community
essentially it would make cfw safer and easier (however it would quickly get unsafe as anyone would be able to do it and that fact alone would end up making it as stable as some linux distros) because sighax= any signed firmware aka any cfw installation with k11 (as in the past cfw was signed with the otp key (official signing)

Reactions: Deleted User

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Can we hardmod a bricked 3DS that comes with no NAND backup and use SigHax to load a NAND backup coming from a different 3DS?

Not quite, but if you know the most recently installed firmware version you can probably find the FIRM xorpad and this install sighax.
From there you can try to repair the NAND somehow, e.g. a CTRNAND transfer

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
essentially it would make cfw safer and easier (however it would quickly get unsafe as anyone would be able to do it and that fact alone would end up making it as stable as some linux distros) because sighax= any signed firmware aka any cfw installation with k11 (as in the past cfw was signed with the otp key (official signing)
OTP is a bunch of "One time passwords" and isn't used to sign the bootrom. The bootrom key is not contained anywhere on the 3ds as it is not required. THe bootrom checks the hash of the key and reversing a hash is near impossible its also encrypted with 2048 bit encryption so that would take an eternity and some to reversve

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
OTP is a bunch of "One time passwords" and isn't used to sign the bootrom. The bootrom key is not contained anywhere on the 3ds as it is not required. THe bootrom checks the hash of the key and reversing a hash is near impossible its also encrypted with 2048 bit encryption so that would take an eternity and some to reversve
yes but the otp was used to sign the cfw (im not talking about the bootrom and otp is different on a 3ds)

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
the bootrom key is used to sign firmware not the otp! we already have the otp so obviously sighax would be useless no?
the otp key is basically a key for youre device and yours only while the bootrom key is for all devices. no cfw is not signed with bootrom as if that was achieved anyone could sign cfw and everyone would have it. think of it this way. bootrom is a skeleton key. otp is your key. and the 3ds is your house.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So technically, someone could program a cfw that can shuffle up to 100 themes, right?
Likewise, even so much, as to have an exact layout like the ps3 on the bottom screen with a secondary screen on top?
This is already doable right now with A9LH. No one has stepped up and done it yet, though.

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
the otp key is basically a key for youre device and yours only while the bootrom key is for all devices. no cfw is not signed with bootrom as if that was achieved anyone could sign cfw and everyone would have it. think of it this way. bootrom is a skeleton key. otp is your key. and the 3ds is your house.
why would nintendo have 2 keys to check your firmware's validity??? that's just idiotic, thats exactly what sighax is, anyone can sign it with the hacked together key and everyone can flash it to their 3ds no problem. What sighax is, is a manipulation of nintendos poor key verification to allow us to make our own hacked together bootrom key rather than breaking into nintendo's factory and getting the bootrom key from them. The otp is purely used for arm9 security processes nothing at all with the bootrom

Last edited by KevinX8,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: k