ROM Hack Smash3DS - Updated ROM Hacking Guide

D

Deleted-417617

I ran the command but then i got this error (see image)
Capture.PNG

whiteglovian

Fedora Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a gamecart, mount the .trim.3ds and copy the folder that says romfs. For a digital copy, choose SysNAND SD and then locate the titleid, then do the same with the .app.
But there is no romfs folder; it wasn't extracted. Because RomfsExtractor won't extract. There is a romfs.bin folder tho.
These are my files:
Screenshot (152).png

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But there is no romfs folder; it wasn't extracted. Because RomfsExtractor won't extract. There is a romfs.bin folder tho.
These are my files:View attachment 92571
I'm saying to do that with Godmode9 since it's the most up to date. Don't use romfsextractor or other dated methods since Godmode9 can decrypt the romfs.bin already and display it like a regular folder along with the encrypted .bin.

Last edited by FateForWindows,

whiteglovian

Fedora Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm saying to do that with Godmode9 since it's the most up to date. Don't use romfsextractor or other dated methods since Godmode9 can decrypt the romfs.bin already and display it like a regular folder along with the encrypted .bin.
Yes, but in GM9, I cannot find the extraction option. Sorry for being so bad with this stuff

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but in GM9, I cannot find the extraction option. Sorry for being so bad with this stuff
There is no extraction option. Just open the largest .app file (make sure it's the largest), and there should be the files, along with an exefs and a romfs folder. If you choose the wrong one the romfs folder may be missing. Take a screenshot if it doesn't show up. Mark everything using the shoulder button and copy them all to your /gm9out folder.

whiteglovian

Fedora Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no extraction option. Just open the largest .app file (make sure it's the largest), and there should be the files, along with an exefs and a romfs folder. If you choose the wrong one the romfs folder may be missing. Take a screenshot if it doesn't show up. Mark everything using the shoulder button and copy them all to your /gm9out folder.
The options for trim.3ds are as follows:
NCSD image options...
Show in Hexeditor
Calculate SHA-256
Copy to gm9out
Should I just copy the trim file?

D

Deleted User

Ver. 1.1.7 is released today. I can confirm mods still work with SaltySD (tested code.ips file).

Last edited by ,

whiteglovian

Fedora Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a gamecart, mount the .trim.3ds and copy the folder that says romfs. For a digital copy, choose SysNAND SD and then locate the titleid, then do the same with the .app.
Thank you! I finally figured it out. (and by that I mean the RomFS is full of .cia files and I feel I may need to extract those too)

Last edited by whiteglovian,

TheMajesticMrL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, I'm getting a 404 error on the Smash pack link. Should I use the one from the old post or is there a new place to download the pack?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, I'm getting a 404 error on the Smash pack link. Should I use the one from the old post or is there a new place to download the pack?
I'll be uploading a new one soon™. It will be tailored for a dumping guide update, but still contain most of the useless programs that kids can't really find anymore.

Last edited by ih8ih8sn0w,

BlueLatios

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How Do I know which version of python I am supposed to get? Also the pack which includes programs used to extract the game's data and the original Ohana3DS link doesnt work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts