ROM Hack Smash3DS - Updated ROM Hacking Guide

WhySayingMyName

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can someone link me ganondorf's texture, I have some idea relating texture modification, after that I'm gonna try John Cena model over Little Mac and Bad Box Art Megaman over Megaman

EDIT: I'm just gonna try to rip Super Smash Bros. Infinite

Last edited by WhySayingMyName,

Hero_579

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, i am having really slow loading times on my N3DS with smash selector. i was going to change the unit size but i am unable to find a sub mac application.
This really sucks because i really only want custom music.
All i need it a GUIFormat for mac.
can anyone help out?

HeirofBlood124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to extract the data from the Update is doesn't let me.
It keeps saying syntax error
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/274330014328160256/294806568061632512/image.jpg That's what's on my screen when I try to do it
I also tried the individual folders rather than doing it from the Update folder itself and I don't know what to do from here...
Please help I'd like to make texture packs for DLC content :'V
The link is broken, but the python script requires python 2.7.xx, so make sure you have that installed and in the path (it is the last installation option).

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes I have 3.6.1 Python and I still get errors when doing the command.
You need python 2.7 . The latest is 2.7.11
There is a newer version of python: 3.6 but it has compatibility issues iirc. Hence why you need the older version. You cannot have both 2.7 and 3.6 at the same time.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need python 2.7 . The latest is 2.7.11
There is a newer version of python: 3.6 but it has compatibility issues iirc. Hence why you need the older version. You cannot have both 2.7 and 3.6 at the same time.
You can easily have both 2.x and 3.x installed at the same time because they install as separate things, paths are different, etc. I think there is also a utility to switch which one the command python does. Also, I'm going to update the guide to state that you need python 2.7.xx and installation instructions for that (since pathing is semi-hidden)

Yudowat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You can easily have both 2.x and 3.x installed at the same time because they install as separate things, paths are different, etc. I think there is also a utility to switch which one the command python does. Also, I'm going to update the guide to state that you need python 2.7.xx and installation instructions for that (since pathing is semi-hidden)
I wasnt aware there was a tool to switch things, but I don't currently have a use for python 3.x anyway so it doesnt matter to me.
Good idea on updating the instructions though!

HeirofBlood124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to open the .Tex files
i downloaded the program but it just crashes after opening and i can't seem to do anything to fix it
Any tips or help on other methods to open these files???

Yudowat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can't seem to open the .Tex files
i downloaded the program but it just crashes after opening and i can't seem to do anything to fix it
Any tips or help on other methods to open these files???
Are you opening the .jar or the .exe? You should be opening the .jar

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the file path for stages? And SaltySD is not updated for Luna 7.0
You need to move the code.bin yourself. Smash-selector should have this path though (or will eventually, or it might need an edit to something).

edit: the path is
Luma/titles/titleid/code.bin where titleid is the titleid of the game (0004...) and code.bin is 0004...bin renamed to code.bin

Last edited by ih8ih8sn0w,

pgaFZTGBSp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm currently attempting to extract the game files from a .3ds ROM of the JPN Smash Bros. I got from that ISO site. I successfully extracted the RomFS with the HackingTookit3DS.

When extracting, however, DTLS.exe crashes in the middle of extracting, and terminates the process.

It appears to get stuck somewhere at data/motion/fighter/pikachu.

I have already extracted game files from a US version and it worked perfectly.

Anything wonky with the using a JPN Smash Bros. ROM in this guide, or could it be that my download was just borked in the first place?

Even better, can someone just tell me where I can find Japanese audio files for the characters?

Last edited by pgaFZTGBSp,

LogicIsHansom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got my extraced romfs and exefs and put them where you said but I am having trouble figuring out what I am supposed to open in the romfs extractor like am I supposed to open the folders or open a file within the folders.

SuperVioshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to move the code.bin yourself. Smash-selector should have this path though (or will eventually, or it might need an edit to something).

edit: the path is
Luma/titles/titleid/code.bin where titleid is the titleid of the game (0004...) and code.bin is 0004...bin renamed to code.bin
I tried this myself, but it still doesn't load mods, does the digital copy of the game have a different title id?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool