ROM Hack Smash3DS - Updated ROM Hacking Guide

LogicIsHansom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you rename the titleid folder to the titleid of the game?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
luma\titles\00040000000edf00 put you code.bin in here

Last edited by LogicIsHansom,

SuperVioshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you rename the titleid folder to the titleid of the game?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
luma\titles\00040000000edf00 put you code.bin in here
that I did, odd... I'll have to either mess with it more or wait a while for an update if nothing else

dsaucedo98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me and my friend installed his mod pack, and another mod pack called smash extended, and every time we try and fight online it automatically disconnects us when we are either in waiting room/start of match. Can anyone help?

HugaTheFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me and my friend installed his mod pack, and another mod pack called smash extended, and every time we try and fight online it automatically disconnects us when we are either in waiting room/start of match. Can anyone help?
SaltySD does this on purpose. You cannot fight online.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are any of your mods mechanic changing mods? If so, that would cause the disconnect. Otherwise, it might just be latency since SaltySD does tend to tax the system a bit.
SaltySD does this on purpose. You cannot fight online.
SaltySD does not prevent you from playing online. Anything that would give unfair advantages online ends up crashing because the two 3dses don't match up.

dsaucedo98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is Turbo?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/continuing-smash-bros-turbod.427636/

We play matches in that all the time, we also have fully updated systems/al9h+lumas
Are any of your mods mechanic changing mods? If so, that would cause the disconnect. Otherwise, it might just be latency since SaltySD does tend to tax the system a bit.

SaltySD does not prevent you from playing online. Anything that would give unfair advantages online ends up crashing because the two 3dses don't match up.

No its mostly skins and music.
Here's the mod we are trying to run
http://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/5604

HugaTheFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Doesnt prevent you (Wrong way of me saying it) but Turbo works online however the other smash mods dont. weird

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A few quick corrections~
Are any of your mods mechanic changing mods? Anything that would give unfair advantages online ends up crashing because the two 3dses don't match up.
It's not just unfair advantages, anything that would give a different result in gameplay on either system would cause a desync, then disconnect. This can be stages, hitboxes (damage, size, anything), parameters, ect.
Doesnt prevent you (Wrong way of me saying it) but Turbo works online however the other smash mods dont. weird
Any mod will work online, just as long as both players use the exact same mods. as I said, if anything major differs, then the consoles will desync.
It's weird and my friend made his own and I wanted to try it out. :(
You can definitely try it out! Just make sure when playing online with him that you use the exact same mods. getting one of you to send the other their mod folder is an easy way to do this.

dsaucedo98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few quick corrections~

It's not just unfair advantages, anything that would give a different result in gameplay on either system would cause a desync, then disconnect. This can be stages, hitboxes (damage, size, anything), parameters, ect.

Any mod will work online, just as long as both players use the exact same mods. as I said, if anything major differs, then the consoles will desync.

You can definitely try it out! Just make sure when playing online with him that you use the exact same mods. getting one of you to send the other their mod folder is an easy way to do this.

Thank you so much for helping out. This will fix out problems thank you.

HeirofBlood124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question
Is there any way to change the nameplate of a character for 3ds???
For example instead of having "Marth" as the name for one skin it can be something else
Is that possible???

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question
Is there any way to change the nameplate of a character for 3ds???
For example instead of having "Marth" as the name for one skin it can be something else
Is that possible???
It should be almost the same method as Wii U, you just need to find the correct folders containing the tex files for nameplates

HeirofBlood124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble importing the PNG into TEX format
I do the import but then it doesn't show until I tap import again and then close out
But then the image is upside down and flipped
Idk what's wrong but any help would be appreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hey LTT stole my shopping secrets for that video LOL