Country
Pakistan
Ok thanks
Post automatically merged:

Can you please tell me dds converter PS2 settings

it stuck after downloadding for five minutes

Hey forget to ask you that the Mana khemia I send you you upscale all of them or left some because you write small version did not mean that it not contain texture that send you right

I send you total 9147 and I have the file too

you notice this after upscaling 50 percent of games that its incomplete texture of game

Attachments

• Download - MEGA 22% - Google Chrome 3_9_2024 12_32_17 PM.png
    Download - MEGA 22% - Google Chrome 3_9_2024 12_32_17 PM.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by cvu,

SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
hifi4everyone.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks

Can you please tell me dds converter PS2 settings

it stuck after downloadding for five minutes

Hey forget to ask you that the Mana khemia I send you you upscale all of them or left some because you write small version did not mean that it not contain texture that send you right

I send you total 9147 and I have the file too

you notice this after upscaling 50 percent of games that its incomplete texture of game
DDS is in effect when used instead of PNG. No need to do anything else. If you're wondering why we tend to use it, it's because It uses less VRAM for more performance.
I only mentioned the different sizes for Mana Khemia for anyone curious of the difference in size compared to PNG and DDS. Everything you sent was upscaled. You can confirm this by checking how many files are in the replacement compared to dump, you don't need me to tell you.
Yes, I have a pretty good idea of how big a dump should be compared to how long/diverse a game is. Sonic Riders looks like it should have at least 1000 images.

cvu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Great by the way I forget to tell you that I can already check texture yesterday there amount is 9147 that I tell you thanks for upscaling

paynexkiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any chance you could list the best way to dump textures for you to play around with? Have some wrestling games I'd love sorted.

SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Any chance you could list the best way to dump textures for you to play around with? Have some wrestling games I'd love sorted.
I'd first check to see if the game won't dump 1000+ textures a second. once you confirm that it isn't a pain, I'd recommend choosing wrestlers in an identifiable order like first, second, third on the list in menu, so when you sort by date, you know which wrestler's texture is tied to who. Make it easier by only doing 1 at a time as opposed to doing 2 at a time like selecting your opponent as a different wrestler. Afterward, make a copy of the dumps folder, rename the copy to something identifiable like "True Dump" than figure out what is the environment textures and separate them from the wrestlers. usually, main characters will have a higher res texture than everything else like 256x256, sometimes they are the same as everything else though (128x128). They also have a specific layout in their UV Mapping that distinguishes themselves from everything else.

Reactions: paynexkiller

paynexkiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tried to dump TNA Impact, it's 14,399 Files. 541 MB. Not great. Though it seems as though it's tried to dump files from the entrances (which I assumd were pre-rendered videos.)

SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Tried to dump TNA Impact, it's 14,399 Files. 541 MB. Not great. Though it seems as though it's tried to dump files from the entrances (which I assumd were pre-rendered videos.)
You want to use a hotkey to toggle texture dumping for that game. Just toggle it on and off for at least 3 seconds when a new texture appears

cvu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hello friend can you tell me name of software that upscaling like chainner with 2gb vram

SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hello friend can you tell me name of software that upscaling like chainner with 2gb vram
ChaiNNer is the software, 4xHDCube is the model that gets plugged into a software like chaiNNer. If you are talking about an alternative software, there is cupscale, I haven't used it though and I don't think 4xHDCube is compatible with AMD GPUs on cupscale (but is compatible on ChaiNNer thanks to node conversions). If you are limited by VRAM using ChaiNNer, you can try lowering TIle size until you are happy with the speed of operation though I wouldn't go below 128.

cvu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
ChaiNNer is the software, 4xHDCube is the model that gets plugged into a software like chaiNNer. If you are talking about an alternative software, there is cupscale, I haven't used it though and I don't think 4xHDCube is compatible with AMD GPUs on cupscale (but is compatible on ChaiNNer thanks to node conversions). If you are limited by VRAM using ChaiNNer, you can try lowering TIle size until you are happy with the speed of operation though I wouldn't go below 128.
Thanks I am mental with the internet try searching for chainner working they say not working in my computer thanks if I need anything I message you

What is tile size

Last edited by cvu,

cvu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Can you please tell me the name of the software used for converting PNG to dds for textures

cvu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Thanks but this not solve my problem I want to convert 8388 PNG files to dds files my friend

SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
alternatively if you want slightly higher quality you can use Custom Texture Tool PS Launcher(output to BC7), does take a bit to setup and it won't be compatible with mobile emu's.

What is tile size
Tile size is splitting an image into a tile which will then be re-assembled at the end of an upscale. so say an image is 1024x1024 and you set tile size to 256, The model will cut the image into 4 tiles and upscale them as 256x256 dimensions then re-assemble the image back to 1024x1024. This will be less accurate than upscaling the whole image but can lower intensity on GPU.

Last edited by SomberShroud,

SadOrigami

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
alternatively if you want slightly higher quality you can use Custom Texture Tool PS Launcher(output to BC7), does take a bit to setup and it won't be compatible with mobile emu's.

Tile size is splitting an image into a tile which will then be re-assembled at the end of an upscale. so say an image is 1024x1024 and you set tile size to 256, The model will cut the image into 4 tiles and upscale them as 256x256 dimensions then re-assemble the image back to 1024x1024. This will be less accurate than upscaling the whole image but can lower intensity on GPU.
Doesn't make any difference in my case.

SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't make any difference in my case.
I'll agree that it is pedantic of me to prefer BC7 over DXT5. I just like the idea of knowing I'm getting the best possible quality image, however minor it is.

Another thing, I've been theorizing if UHD does make a difference on bigger screens since I have a 2K ultrawide monitor that is bigger than a 1080p one (34". Granted, games still run at 16:9 but is still bigger than my old 24" monitor) and heard that one user with an 8K TV can tell the difference and I'm inclined to believe that, even with the blur effect on some games, just showing those pixels on a 70" display and being that close is like taking a magnifying glass on every texture. Even in my case, I like to get up close and examine textures and I can tell the difference on my Tekken 4 upscale with the few UHD Textures I upscaled. One thing to keep in mind about these textures is, the way a ground texture is tiled can make even a 1024x1024 texture look blurry if the devs made it too big. I think my original stance on specifying UHD on the PCSX2 texture site is still valid.

paynexkiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Ultrawide 8k monitor if you want things ‘tested’ on a stupid big resolution. 😂

Attachments

• IMG_9393.jpeg
    IMG_9393.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2

SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I have a Ultrawide 8k monitor if you want things ‘tested’ on a stupid big resolution. 😂
unfortunately, this would fall under the category of not noticing a difference since widescreen game codes are only compatible with 16:9 resolutions (you can modify the code to be ultrawide but then it would be more obvious of the issues of the engine like deloading textures too soon etc.). I was referring to big sized TV's that are 16:9 aspect ratio and 70 inches.
not knocking 8K, I would just prefer an 8K TV over a monitor.

SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I was reading a little and apparently there are games that you need to play at 100% to get all the textures, I think Tenkaichi 3 is one of them since I only get the textures of what I play, there is no program so far to get the textures. textures of an iso?

View attachment 420575
sorry for the 2 month late reply, I didn't see your message. There is no program right now to extract textures from ISO, texture dumping is the only way. You can alleviate a bit of this burden by downloading a 100% Save from GameFaq and merging it to your PCSX2 memcard with myMC-GUI
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca:11068/mymc/ though any textures that appear only when unlocking stuff or only when things are locked won't appear in these saves and games with no way to re-visit completed levels are a bust, so in some cases actually completing the game yourself is still necessary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: