SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
hifi4everyone.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
I will be curating this group and sourcing only upscales from members that follow a structure, such as listing models used and notes for individual cases such as missing fonts. I will include multiple packs from different creators for the same game, so long as they aren't single-model upscale packs(with the exception of the pack comprising mostly of manual edits). This website still relies on the threads made here to exist. sites.google.com/view/pcsx2-hd-textures-project/home

To be featured on the site, please mention the Region/issues with the dump of the game and what AI upscale models were used (If any), and if you used GIMP or Photoshop to edit textures in your thread. Please include at least one screenshot and preferably not hide the download behind a youtube link. The dump must be at least 85% complete to the best of your ability to be considered (with the exception of bad dumps only allowing less than 85% to be replaced).

Tiered system is gone. The new listing "Models Used" will take its place instead.

Site is now in a proper state.

Last edited by SomberShroud,

Moataz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia

Distilled_Spirit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Are there any documentation you can provide saying it is paltinum, gold, silver, etc? Just like you keep saying 4xHDcube is a silver tier, do you have a proof for that? It's useless to say those tiers if the HD packs is half-bake or incomplete and also for others, do not upload textures pack if it's incomplete. It may ruin gaming experience though.
Post automatically merged:

This group says to collect HD textures pack since there's no centralized location for them but then you categorize the works of others, don't you know it's degrading in thier part and probably they well stop making HD packs in the future because of this. Gold tier for panda, is it always a gold tier? I rather say no. Silver tier from you, is it always silver tier? No. So, stop categorizing or some modders here well no longer support this group.

Last edited by Distilled_Spirit,
Reactions: kupo-on-gbatem

SadOrigami

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I didn't hesisate to include 'only worthwhile' upscales, I said that even if I don't like the idea we could still figure out something, but you have 7 tiers wich can be confusing and problematic. You never answered my message. And I already see some problems with having that kind of list:
  • If I decide to start making Platinum upscales of the games in that list, then other people's work would be replaced with mine, slowly discouraging them from making upscales. You may think that making a Platinum upscale takes a lot of time, but I only do thiis on sundays afternoon, wich means that if I had more time I could start making already existing packs just to mess with people. Imagine if your list becomes the main source for centralized upscales and someone who wants to make a business out of this starts doing Gold+ upscales and becomes famous, and then that person starts saying 'Ok, these are the games I'll be upscaling this month', that would make everyone who's working on a lower tier upscale to just drop it or become frustrated. Not even that, people with a good computers can just start making Silver tier upscales just to figure on the list, making the Bronze tiers useless.
  • The resolution of the upscales is misleading, since an HD upscale well done can easily beat an UHD one.
  • You gave my upscale an HD resolution when it's QHD, wich makes me wonder if you try the packs before giving them a tier or if you just go by what the autor says. That would mean that if someone makes a Silver tier upscale but says that it has manual edits it can be passed as a Silver+ tier.
  • You gave my upscale a wrong description. It was not made for Project Tribute mod, that doesn't exist; it will be featured on a PC port called Tribute, wich is different.
  • The links redirect to the direct download of the pack, wich makes people unable to see Comparisons/Extra info by the autor/Tutorial in case the game has problems with textures/Paypal link for support/etc.
Hope you find a way fix some of this stuff :yay: I'll keep working on the list we have here that aims to features every post on the forum and also serves the purpose to collect dumps for future packs :grog:

• Love
Reactions: ReveriePass

ReveriePass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is kind of a weird thing to do. Making a centralized website for these packs is cool, but being so stingy with the upscales and just how you’ve treated people here is not cool. Also “3xHDCube” is “4xHDCube 3.” There’s no 3xHDCube.

Reactions: kupo-on-gbatem

kupo-on-gbatem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are there any documentation you can provide saying it is paltinum, gold, silver, etc? Just like you keep saying 4xHDcube is a silver tier, do you have a proof for that? It's useless to say those tiers if the HD packs is half-bake or incomplete and also for others, do not upload textures pack if it's incomplete. It may ruin gaming experience though.
I agree. Sure there are big differences in quality. But this ranking system which you, Somber, made is misleading. You act as if it's fact. But it's not. It's based on your own opinion. HDcube is great, I also use it for years. But it's not the holy grail and it's not always the best choice. There will never be a model which is best for all textures. Textures are too diverse for that. And trust me I worked with a lot of different models over the years, so I know what I'm talkin about.

This group says to collect HD textures pack since there's no centralized location for them but then you categorize the works of others, don't you know it's degrading in thier part and probably they well stop making HD packs in the future because of this. Gold tier for panda, is it always a gold tier? I rather say no. Silver tier from you, is it always silver tier? No. So, stop categorizing or some modders here well no longer support this group.
That's also a valid point. I don't use many texture packs from here, but one texture pack that I use and which you labeled as "Silver" or even "Gold" tier (your definition: "Best Upscaler used with manual edits"), didn't even have remade font. The font was smeary. It was clearly a lazy upscale. I totally understand, if not all textures in a texture pack are perfect. Some textures have such low resolution, that it's nearly impossible to make it look perfect and not everybody has the skills to redraw textures. But remaking font is easy. Everybody can do this. And if you label a texture pack as "Best Upscaler used with manual edits" or something like that, remade font is the least what I expect. And that's the issue, if you make such a ranking system. People trust your ranking and only look at texture packs which you labeled as good. Even if they are not. And other texture packs might be good while you didn't notice them. If people trust your list they will never get in touch with potential better texture packs.

This is kind of a weird thing to do. Making a centralized website for these packs is cool, but being so stingy with the upscales and just how you’ve treated people here is not cool. Also “3xHDCube” is “4xHDCube 3.” There’s no 3xHDCube.
True, this also annoyed me everytime I've read this haha. The number in front of the model name is the scaling factor. The only existing scaling factors are x2, x4, x8 and so on.
Also please stop saying "hdcube is better than esrgan". hdcube IS esrgan. 90% of the models which people throw in chainner are esrgan.

Last edited by kupo-on-gbatem,

SadOrigami

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
That's also a valid point. I don't use many texture packs from here, but one texture pack that I use and which you labeled as "Silver" or even "Gold" tier (your definition: "Best Upscaler used with manual edits"), didn't even have remade font. The font was smeary. It was clearly a lazy upscale. I totally understand, if not all textures in a texture pack are perfect. Some textures have such low resolution, that it's nearly impossible to make it look perfect and not everybody has the skills to redraw textures. But remaking font is easy. Everybody can do this. And if you label a texture pack as "Best Upscaler used with manual edits" or something like that, remade font is the least what I expect. And that's the issue, if you make such a ranking system. People trust your ranking and only look at texture packs which you labeled as good. Even if they are not. And other texture packs might be good while you didn't notice them. If people trust your list they will never get in touch with potential better texture packs.
That's what I like about having different options when it comes to packs. For example I'm remastering Shadow of the Colossus, but I haven't touched the fonts yet since they are unique and remaking them will take more than just search the font and write the text on word (and also I want to add a option for a clearer font for people with impaired vision). Meanwhile Curse_Arms did a nice upscale to the game and added HD fonts in another style. So people have options, specially when you have two packs, one with just higher res original textures and the other with new remade ones, some people will prefer the original HD ones.
True, this also annoyed me everytime I've read this haha. The number in front of the model name is the scaling factor. The only existing scaling factors are x2, x4, x8 and so on.
Also please stop saying "hdcube is better than esrgan". hdcube IS esrgan. 90% of the models which people throw in chainner are esrgan.
'Wait, it's all ESRGAN? Always has been' *bang*

kupo-on-gbatem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For example I'm remastering Shadow of the Colossus, but I haven't touched the fonts yet since they are unique and remaking them will take more than just search the font and write the text on word (and also I want to add a option for a clearer font for people with impaired vision).

yea, fair. If the font is unique, it's a different story. I had a standard font in mind. Here is an example:

Star Ocean 3 - Till the End of Time [Disc 1 of 2]_SLUS-20488_20240109183241.png

This is from the title screen of Star Ocean. According to Somber, this texture pack is "gold tier" just because it's from Panda lol

Quote:

Only Panda is making Gold tier Upscales and I make Silver Tier Upscales. As far as I know, everyone else's is Bronze Tier

That's not only incredibly disrespectful to others, it's also bullshit. Sorry for my directness.

Plaidray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
All this Tier lists
I made Legaia 2 HD textures which with 3 different Models.😅
Which includes upscaling and than scale the Textures down again to 50 or 25 %, and upscaling them again to get the best results in terms of details in other words to stay true to the original source.
So what tier would that be.

I would rather put disclaimers if someone didn't clean up the bad textures, like some users do to certain point where it can make the game "unplayable"
I dont wanna call names ,but there were upscalers who did no testing and I ended up cleaning the textures for myself to use them,because you could not see the dmg and HP numbers in an rpg

Panda_Venom

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
yea, fair. If the font is unique, it's a different story. I had a standard font in mind. Here is an example:

View attachment 412922

This is from the title screen of Star Ocean. According to Somber, this texture pack is "gold tier" just because it's from Panda lol

Quote:

That's not only incredibly disrespectful to others, it's also bullshit. Sorry for my directness.

Oh no, my precious Golden status is in danger! :D :D

All joking aside, I don't think these categories make sense because they don't mean anything. Let the users rate the projects instead.

I would rather put disclaimers if someone didn't clean up the bad textures, like some users do to certain point where it can make the game "unplayable"
I dont wanna call names ,but there were upscalers who did no testing and I ended up cleaning the textures for myself to use them,because you could not see the dmg and HP numbers in an rpg

I hope it wasn't me. :D

mrcroket

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The tier system is totally absurd, it would be better to have only a user-voted scoring system with a comments section.

SomberTwilight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was expecting someone to come on here in an attempt to kiss Panda_venom's ass because he did main stream games. I was not wrong. Anyway, back to more important things. I do agree that our packs shouldnt be put on a grading list. I make these for fun, and I enjoy them. Every pack I make, I learn something new and it allows me to release updates on previously made packs.

Reactions: Plaidray

Panda_Venom

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I was expecting someone to come on here in an attempt to kiss Panda_venom's ass because he did main stream games. I was not wrong. Anyway, back to more important things. I do agree that our packs shouldnt be put on a grading list. I make these for fun, and I enjoy them. Every pack I make, I learn something new and it allows me to release updates on previously made packs.

Who are you talking about?

SomberShroud

OP
Trophies
Website
hifi4everyone.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States

This group says to collect HD textures pack since there's no centralized location for them but then you categorize the works of others, don't you know it's degrading in thier part and probably they well stop making HD packs in the future because of this.
First I'd just like to say that this website is a work in progress and I'm open to suggestions on how to improve it, someone here suggested a voting system which I agree with, just don't know how to implement that with Google Sites limited options. Second I'd like to apologize for the misinformation about the tiers, I did just look at screenshots and take the author's word for it. I can't check every single submission on my own, my bandwidth is too slow. I would need volunteers to help with that.
Also, I'm not listing incomplete packs on my website, again I'm taking the author's word that that's true.
I also updated my tier descriptions on the "Tutorial" page of the site but I guess I should put it underneath every letter just to avoid confusion, I hoped my new tier descriptions would be more accurate while also applying being able to be applied to almost everything without missing any catagorizations.
since I updated the tiers system let me specify more clearly here before I update my site, Bronze tiers are the 4xHDCube3/4 one-day packs. I personally find these to be the best lazy option just so an HD Texture pack EXISTS for a game and any other models used in this way would be a no-go, by no means should this be interpreted as something that should stay on there forever, I want those to be replaced by higher tiers. Silver now means Best upscaler used so what panda_venom is doing. Using multiple AI Upscalers and picking the best image would make it silver. Silver+ is identical to silver except it also includes editing the worst images that were upscaled meaning no illegible text and blurry textures. To be gold, it would have to have source images "some" images not from AI, this could be the start of a "remake" instead of a "remaster" which is specified in the notes as "Altered Textures" meaning they are different enough from the source images to be considered a remake and if you check SomberTwilights Dynasty Warriors 2 on my site, I mentioned the Silver+ tier in conjunction with the Gold because the silver is more accurate to the original while the gold changes a lot of textures, Gold doesn't mean fixing the blurry text, that's reserved for the + tiers like SIlver+ and Gold+.
Gold tier for panda, is it always a gold tier? I rather say no. Silver tier from you, is it always silver tier? No
I'd say me and panda have been pretty consistent with our packs, well I know I have been so I can confirm my packs are always bronze+ Tier unless stated otherwise, also you act like it's not possible to be consistent in your work. Have you never been joyful of a job well done in your life? Nothing's changed since the last 6 months ago I was here except I started using 4xHDCube instead of Waifu-2x and am now happy with my upscales even if they are the "Bare minimum".
If I decide to start making Platinum upscales of the games in that list, then other people's work would be replaced with mine, slowly discouraging them from making upscales
I'm including multiple versions of Silver, Gold, and Platinum tiers because there can't be a definitive one, but there can be a definitive Bronze Tier because those only use 1 model which, again I'm trying to minimize low quality upscales on that site and don't treat bronze tiers like they're here forever. I want them replaced by better upscales ASAP.
The resolution of the upscales is misleading, since an HD upscale well done can easily beat an UHD one.
I included a UHD one because I can tell the difference in sharpness between one and another but I agree that a platinum tier is preferable to raw resolution. Compare Panda_Venoms upscale of maximo Army of Zin to Santins. I'd actually say Panda prefers a softer look for their upscales so I included both on my site.
You gave my upscale an HD resolution when it's QHD
I'm only specifying the difference between 1/2K resolution packs and 4/8K resolution packs in a specific category called "Resolution" because someone on here was bothered that no one was making UHD packs. Your pack's "quality" is independent of resolution i.e. Platinum tier but not 4K.
You gave my upscale a wrong description. It was not made for Project Tribute mod, that doesn't exist; it will be featured on a PC port called Tribute, wich is different.
My bad. I should contact upscalers first before adding anything to my website. you know what, just consider my site a proof of concept for the time being.
The links redirect to the direct download of the pack, wich makes people unable to see Comparisons/Extra info by the autor/Tutorial in case the game has problems with textures/Paypal link for support/etc.
If there are issues or special notes about a particular game, that's included in the notes section exclusive to the creator of the pack listed, I will be sure to include any additional content that that creator provides in the notes. I also have a contact email at the bottom to fix broken links.
Hope you find a way fix some of this stuff :yay: I'll keep working on the list we have here that aims to features every post on the forum and also serves the purpose to collect dumps for future packs
Thank you for the kind words in the midst of my soul being torn apart by everyone.
This is kind of a weird thing to do. Making a centralized website for these packs is cool, but being so stingy with the upscales and just how you’ve treated people here is not cool.
There is no way of saying this without being rude. Some of the packs on here aren't ones I'd recommend to anyone. They either don't care about learning to make the best upscales or just doing their own thing (not being collaborative). In both cases, my site doesn't matter to them so I don't see an issue with it existing. I think I've treated people on here fairly, If they are bothered by anything I have to say, they can just outright ignore me, but I'm really trying to help here. I'm willing to backup anyone's dumps if they share the link with me in dms. I wrote a tutorial on how to get people started because I want more people making higher-quality upscales. I even made this site because I care so much about this silly hobby. I don't have much going for me in life, Escapism is my drug. That's probably why I'm so stingy.
But this ranking system which you, Somber, made is misleading. You act as if it's fact. But it's not. It's based on your own opinion. HDcube is great, I also use it for years. But it's not the holy grail and it's not always the best choice
I never said 4xHDCube was the best upscaler ever, I said it was the best free upscaler for one day packs and to be fair, it is a bad thing to preach I don't want bronze tier packs but they will suffice until someone else makes a better pack. As for ranking I think everyone can agree that using only 1 model will give worse results, if not more likely to give worse results than using multiple upscalers for different images. I thought It was clear enough why the tiers are the way they are because each one is a noticeable jump in qu- you know what, I'll just say "Difference" and leave it at that. Again, I will list every pack made for individual games by different people as long as it isn't a single-model lazy pack.
There will never be a model which is best for all textures. Textures are too diverse for that. And trust me I worked with a lot of different models over the years, so I know what I'm talkin about.
You're right. You know I was thinking of differentiating packs that make use of 1 model as opposed to using different ones and labeling them "Tiers" and then letting individuals decide what models they think work best for the game and then listing those different packs for the same game by different users on my site. :)
My bad, my site is a WIP and I should contact the creator before publishing. It's gonna be inaccurate for a while until I contact everyone.
HDCube is an ESRGAN model designed specifically for upscaling games while others are designed for real life or other less relevant info. In my testing, it has shown a significant improvement compared to other ESRGAN models not only at 4x scaling images but also more consistently good results making it the best option for a "one model upscale pack" (I've used Waifu2x and the amount of errors or outrageously bad textures that came from the stock ESRGAN model was 5-10% which is unreliable for 1 model upscales). Again, I'm not advocating for single model upscale packs, everyone should use different models for their packs, just in the mean time while there are no HD packs for a game that exist, a 1 model upscale can make it happen for the time being. I also get the semantics of differentiating HDCube from an ESRGAN, I just think it bears distinguishing because it refers to "HDCube as opposed to every other ESRGAN model" and I don't want to have to say that every single time I mention it.
According to Somber, this texture pack is "gold tier" just because it's from Panda lol

Quote:
SomberShroud: Only Panda is making Gold tier Upscales and I make Silver Tier Upscales. As far as I know, everyone else's is Bronze Tier

I'm sorry, I made that comment without having looked at every post made in this thread. But you have to understand how frustrating it is to see how many people don't want to collaborate on making the best upscales and rather just "do their own thing" and I just see the same ESRGAN models used when I know from my testing that 4xHDCube3 is the best for 1 model upscale packs(Bronze Tier). Again, I'm not advocating for more single model upscales, just that if they ARE going to make one. Use 4xHDCube3 at least.
All this Tier lists
I made Legaia 2 HD textures which with 3 different Models.😅
Which includes upscaling and than scale the Textures down again to 50 or 25 %, and upscaling them again to get the best results in terms of details in other words to stay true to the original source.
So what tier would that be.
Silver, if you also fix the blurry textures and text. it would be Silver+ and adding non AI images would be Gold. Now that I think of it, the more accurate descriptor for the tiers would be "effort" not "quality". It takes more effort to make altered textures than to leave the images be and just upscale them. I think I'll adjust my tier system again.
the + icon after Silver and Gold indicate this. (Silver+, Gold+)
All joking aside, I don't think these categories make sense because they don't mean anything. Let the users rate the projects instead.
I thought I explained it clearly and concisely on my website the differences between each, but It seems that there should be a voting system as well. I'll figure something out.
You didn't look at my site at all. If you did, you would've seen that you were rated Higher than panda because you altered the textures(Re-make) while panda stays true to the source(Re-master). Now that I've realized the more accurate meaning of my tier system is "effort" not "quality". It takes more effort to make altered textures than to leave the images be and just upscale them with minor edits (at least theoretically, you are happy to disagree with this interpretation). I put your packs on my site because they are high effort and I appreciate the work that you and others put into them. I will provide links to all packs made for the same game by different creators so long as they choose to provide a download link to them and put in effort.
Also, I don't like a majority of the games Panda has upscaled, but that shouldn't matter. I only care about how much effort went into the packs he makes.

After all this, I've come to the conclusion that I will need assistance from the community to help verify packs. My email is on the site if you feel the information is inaccurate. I will also be looking into adding a voting system to the site at a later date, for now, My website is a Work in progress and I'm always open to suggestions. I have gotten a few people asking for editor role, please verify yourself by dming me what letter you want to edit or I won't give access. I don't want misinformation to start spreading further on my site.
I really do appreciate all your hard work in this group and I want to collaborate with everyone here, I'm just asking that we try to understand the other persons perspective that we initially disagree with before making final judgements. Thank you all, have a nice day.

Last edited by SomberShroud,

Curse_Arms

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot force other modders to use the same upscaler that you are using now because we all have our ideal upscaler and models. Only few modders love quality works, others don't care about the quality, what's important for them is having fun, and most of all, we cannot live by just making quality HD texture packs. It's free of charge that's why from your words "collaboration" from other modders is a rare one. Everything has a price now. If we can make a living by doing quality HD textures pack then I do believe, quality will prevail over quantity.

Last edited by Curse_Arms,

SomberTwilight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I'd just like to say that this website is a work in progress and I'm open to suggestions on how to improve it, someone here suggested a voting system which I agree with, just don't know how to implement that with Google Sites limited options. Second I'd like to apologize for the misinformation about the tiers, I did just look at screenshots and take the author's word for it. I can't check every single submission on my own, my bandwidth is too slow. I would need volunteers to help with that.
Also, I'm not listing incomplete packs on my website, again I'm taking the author's word that that's true.
I also updated my tier descriptions on the "Tutorial" page of the site but I guess I should put it underneath every letter just to avoid confusion, I hoped my new tier descriptions would be more accurate while also applying being able to be applied to almost everything without missing any catagorizations.
since I updated the tiers system let me specify more clearly here before I update my site, Bronze tiers are the 4xHDCube3/4 one-day packs. I personally find these to be the best lazy option just so an HD Texture pack EXISTS for a game and any other models used in this way would be a no-go, by no means should this be interpreted as something that should stay on there forever, I want those to be replaced by higher tiers. Silver now means Best upscaler used so what panda_venom is doing. Using multiple AI Upscalers and picking the best image would make it silver. Silver+ is identical to silver except it also includes editing the worst images that were upscaled meaning no illegible text and blurry textures. To be gold, it would have to have source images "some" images not from AI, this could be the start of a "remake" instead of a "remaster" which is specified in the notes as "Altered Textures" meaning they are different enough from the source images to be considered a remake and if you check SomberTwilights Dynasty Warriors 2 on my site, I mentioned the Silver+ tier in conjunction with the Gold because the silver is more accurate to the original while the gold changes a lot of textures, Gold doesn't mean fixing the blurry text, that's reserved for the + tiers like SIlver+ and Gold+.

I'd say me and panda have been pretty consistent with our packs, well I know I have been so I can confirm my packs are always bronze+ Tier unless stated otherwise, also you act like it's not possible to be consistent in your work. Have you never been joyful of a job well done in your life? Nothing's changed since the last 6 months ago I was here except I started using 4xHDCube instead of Waifu-2x and am now happy with my upscales even if they are the "Bare minimum".

I'm including multiple versions of Silver, Gold, and Platinum tiers because there can't be a definitive one, but there can be a definitive Bronze Tier because those only use 1 model which, again I'm trying to minimize low quality upscales on that site and don't treat bronze tiers like they're here forever. I want them replaced by better upscales ASAP.

I included a UHD one because I can tell the difference in sharpness between one and another but I agree that a platinum tier is preferable to raw resolution. Compare Panda_Venoms upscale of maximo Army of Zin to Santins. I'd actually say Panda prefers a softer look for their upscales so I included both on my site.

I'm only specifying the difference between 1/2K resolution packs and 4/8K resolution packs in a specific category called "Resolution" because someone on here was bothered that no one was making UHD packs. Your pack's "quality" is independent of resolution i.e. Platinum tier but not 4K.

My bad. I should contact upscalers first before adding anything to my website. you know what, just consider my site a proof of concept for the time being.

If there are issues or special notes about a particular game, that's included in the notes section exclusive to the creator of the pack listed, I will be sure to include any additional content that that creator provides in the notes. I also have a contact email at the bottom to fix broken links.

Thank you for the kind words in the midst of my soul being torn apart by everyone.

There is no way of saying this without being rude. Some of the packs on here aren't ones I'd recommend to anyone. They either don't care about learning to make the best upscales or just doing their own thing (not being collaborative). In both cases, my site doesn't matter to them so I don't see an issue with it existing. I think I've treated people on here fairly, If they are bothered by anything I have to say, they can just outright ignore me, but I'm really trying to help here. I'm willing to backup anyone's dumps if they share the link with me in dms. I wrote a tutorial on how to get people started because I want more people making higher-quality upscales. I even made this site because I care so much about this silly hobby. I don't have much going for me in life, Escapism is my drug. That's probably why I'm so stingy.

I never said 4xHDCube was the best upscaler ever, I said it was the best free upscaler for one day packs and to be fair, it is a bad thing to preach I don't want bronze tier packs but they will suffice until someone else makes a better pack. As for ranking I think everyone can agree that using only 1 model will give worse results, if not more likely to give worse results than using multiple upscalers for different images. I thought It was clear enough why the tiers are the way they are because each one is a noticeable jump in qu- you know what, I'll just say "Difference" and leave it at that. Again, I will list every pack made for individual games by different people as long as it isn't a single-model lazy pack.

You're right. You know I was thinking of differentiating packs that make use of 1 model as opposed to using different ones and labeling them "Tiers" and then letting individuals decide what models they think work best for the game and then listing those different packs for the same game by different users on my site. :)

My bad, my site is a WIP and I should contact the creator before publishing. It's gonna be inaccurate for a while until I contact everyone.

HDCube is an ESRGAN model designed specifically for upscaling games while others are designed for real life or other less relevant info. In my testing, it has shown a significant improvement compared to other ESRGAN models not only at 4x scaling images but also more consistently good results making it the best option for a "one model upscale pack" (I've used Waifu2x and the amount of errors or outrageously bad textures that came from the stock ESRGAN model was 5-10% which is unreliable for 1 model upscales). Again, I'm not advocating for single model upscale packs, everyone should use different models for their packs, just in the mean time while there are no HD packs for a game that exist, a 1 model upscale can make it happen for the time being. I also get the semantics of differentiating HDCube from an ESRGAN, I just think it bears distinguishing because it refers to "HDCube as opposed to every other ESRGAN model" and I don't want to have to say that every single time I mention it.

I'm sorry, I made that comment without having looked at every post made in this thread. But you have to understand how frustrating it is to see how many people don't want to collaborate on making the best upscales and rather just "do their own thing" and I just see the same ESRGAN models used when I know from my testing that 4xHDCube3 is the best for 1 model upscale packs(Bronze Tier). Again, I'm not advocating for more single model upscales, just that if they ARE going to make one. Use 4xHDCube3 at least.

Silver, if you also fix the blurry textures and text. it would be Silver+ and adding non AI images would be Gold. Now that I think of it, the more accurate descriptor for the tiers would be "effort" not "quality". It takes more effort to make altered textures than to leave the images be and just upscale them. I think I'll adjust my tier system again.

the + icon after Silver and Gold indicate this. (Silver+, Gold+)

I thought I explained it clearly and concisely on my website the differences between each, but It seems that there should be a voting system as well. I'll figure something out.

You didn't look at my site at all. If you did, you would've seen that you were rated Higher than panda because you altered the textures(Re-make) while panda stays true to the source(Re-master). Now that I've realized the more accurate meaning of my tier system is "effort" not "quality". It takes more effort to make altered textures than to leave the images be and just upscale them with minor edits (at least theoretically, you are happy to disagree with this interpretation). I put your packs on my site because they are high effort and I appreciate the work that you and others put into them. I will provide links to all packs made for the same game by different creators so long as they choose to provide a download link to them and put in effort.
Also, I don't like a majority of the games Panda has upscaled, but that shouldn't matter. I only care about how much effort went into the packs he makes.

After all this, I've come to the conclusion that I will need assistance from the community to help verify packs. My email is on the site if you feel the information is inaccurate. I will also be looking into adding a voting system to the site at a later date, for now, My website is a Work in progress and I'm always open to suggestions. I have gotten a few people asking for editor role, please verify yourself by dming me what letter you want to edit or I won't give access. I don't want misinformation to start spreading further on my site.
I really do appreciate all your hard work in this group and I want to collaborate with everyone here, I'm just asking that we try to understand the other persons perspective that we initially disagree with before making final judgements. Thank you all, have a nice day.
I looked at your site. My comments were factual, however. I appreciate being posted, but a ranking system is very icky.

You cannot force other modders to use the same upscaler that you are using now because we all have our ideal upscaler and models. Only few modders love quality works, others don't care about the quality, what's important for them is having fun, and most of all, we cannot live by just making quality HD texture packs. It's free of charge that's why from your words "collaboration" from other modders is a rare one. Everything has a price now. If we can make a living by doing HD textures pack then I do believe, quality will prevail over quantity.
Absolutely. Thank you.

Last edited by SomberTwilight,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: