ROM Hack Smash3DS - Updated ROM Hacking Guide

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How Do I know which version of python I am supposed to get? Also the pack which includes programs used to extract the game's data and the original Ohana3DS link doesnt work.
You should get the latest 2.7 Python. At time of writing it's 2.7.13

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey folks, I'm sorry to bump a thread that's been dead for 3 years, but I've been having the hardest time finding instructions for beginning to make Smash 3DS hacks. Every tutorial I find is outdated or terribly-written, or both, and I've been searching and asking for over a week. Hoping somebody can point me in the right direction, please and thank.

OP's guide says to use HackingToolkit9DS, but it seems as though, at the time it was written, HT9DS produced the RomFS and ExeFS in a different manner than it currently does. I've tried using the programs in this guide with ExtractedRomFS.bin, DecryptedRomFS.bin, the /ExtractedRomFS folder, and even the dt and ls files contained within, and none of them worked.

I'd like to try making some in-depth mods, but the first one I'm planning could be as simple as swapping a couple filenames in the DTLS, which means I could probably just repack it and go.

heiyu04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Does anyone know how to edit a custom font? I found some FGB and BRF files in 'UI / font',but there's no way to edit it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol