[RUMOR] Datamine potentially shows SNES games for Nintendo Switch Online

cd8271baa93d761c.jpg

Those that have access to Nintendo Switch Online are likely familiar with the included NES titles with the subscription. Though Nintendo adds a handful of new games to the lineup each month (Zelda 2 and Blaster Master are Jan. 2019's new additions) many fans have been clamoring for Super Nintendo games to also be added. While nothing has been officially stated at this time, it seems a datamine might have let the cat out of the bag a little early, as Twitter user KapuccinoHeck has discovered a list of 22 SNES games within the data for the NES Online app, which were reportedly added in the last Switch software update. The 22 titles are as follows:

• Super Mario Kart
  • Super Soccer
  • Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
  • Demon's Crest
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Stunt Race FX
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Pop'n Twinbee
  • Star Fox
  • Contra 3
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
  • Kirby's Dreamland 3
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Mario World
  • Pilotwings
  • F-Zero
  • Star Fox 2
  • Super Punch Out!
  • The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  • Super Mario All Stars
  • Breath of Fire 2
This list manages to differ from what the SNES Classic offers, with Final Fantasy VI, Super Mario RPG, Castlevania IV, Donkey Kong Country, Mega Man X, Earthbound, and Secret of Mana missing from what would supposedly be given through the Nintendo Switch Online service. However, these titles could be planned for future monthly updates rather than being rolled out all at once. Presumably, since the NES games have extra features, such as online play and save states, these would be carried over to the SNES games as well. At the time of writing, though, nothing is concrete, and the list is merely a datamine with unconfirmed information.

:arrow: Source

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Didn't expect so much mimimimi here. Yes emulators are great enjoy. But there are more then enough not hacked Switches and people that like getting these nice games additional 'for free'.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Still a lie from Nintendo itself. Hate people like you who keep defending malicious practices and don't call them out on anything, that's all
lol your point makes no sense, there are alot of games that are exclusive and then years latter they are released on other platforms as ports or hd or enhanced stuff, this happens every damn time, so i guess sonic games should never be released outside of sega genesis because they were advertised as exclusive sega genesis games, even tough they were re released on every freaking system by now...

exclusive doesn't mean lifetime exclusive or else you couldn't ever re release a exclusive game without being sued lol.

Crash trilogy was exclusive to ps4 for one year too, how many only on xbox games are on ps4 too now? just because they were exclusive at launch doesn't make them lifetime exclusives...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, games I actually care about coming to Switch Online, about time :P NES games can suck it :lol: It makes sense, too, as they found mention of Canoe, developed by NERD who was stated that they would be at the helm for emulator development on Switch.

They certainly own the rights to DKC
Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional

I don’t think they do, at least not entirely, I know a few years ago they removed it from the VC for at least a while and everytime I hear about rights to Nintendo era Rare it’s always either owned by Rare or split.
People still believe that BS? DKC Tropical Freeze is on Switch, DKC is on the Snes Classic, what more evidence do you need? DK64 is on the Wii U VC, ugh. :lol:

Who cares? I have actual better emus
Well aren't you special? Congratulations on flaunting and stroking your ego in public. Spare me the "but muh emulators" bullshit.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
People still believe that BS? DKC Tropical Freeze is on Switch, DKC is on the Snes Classic, what more evidence do you need? DK64 is on the Wii U VC, ugh. :lol:
Nintendo DO own the rights for the Donkey Kong franchise, they can do as many new games as they want, the thing is that that doesn't mean that they may fully own the rights for the older games.
Yeah, I know they DO fully own those rights now, but it may have been that for a time they didn't and people got that idea stuck in their heads. Just saying.

Reactions: Kioku

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo DO own the rights for the Donkey Kong franchise, they can do as many new games as they want, the thing is that that doesn't mean that they may fully own the rights for the older games.
Yeah, I know they DO fully own those rights now, but it may have been that for a time they didn't and people got that idea stuck in their heads. Just saying.

*shrug* Hate to say it, but you're wrong.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...t_they_owned_donkey_kong_after_acquiring_rare

Well they never have and never will, people need to get their facts right. If Rare owned it, King K. Rool would not be in Smash Bros, the DKC games were taken from the Wii because they were transferred to the Wii U eShop. Time to get over it, people.

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
*shrug* Hate to say it, but you're wrong.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...t_they_owned_donkey_kong_after_acquiring_rare

Well they never have and never will, people need to get their facts right. If Rare owned it, King K. Rool would not be in Smash Bros, the DKC games were taken from the Wii because they were transferred to the Wii U eShop. Time to get over it, people.
did you fully read what I just posted, I was only talking about the possibility, not that that is what happened or what I think.
don't go lecturing me unnecessarily.

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Whatever you say, we don't know all the facts, Nintendo will do whatever they want with DKC.
I'm saying I fully agree with you, Nintendo owns all the right for the DK franchise and all that. I was just trying to justify the rumors.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
lol your point makes no sense, there are alot of games that are exclusive and then years latter they are released on other platforms as ports or hd or enhanced stuff, this happens every damn time, so i guess sonic games should never be released outside of sega genesis because they were advertised as exclusive sega genesis games, even tough they were re released on every freaking system by now...

exclusive doesn't mean lifetime exclusive or else you couldn't ever re release a exclusive game without being sued lol.

Crash trilogy was exclusive to ps4 for one year too, how many only on xbox games are on ps4 too now? just because they were exclusive at launch doesn't make them lifetime exclusives...
You do know that those games weren't said to be only exclusive to that platform explicitly while with starfox 2 it was said so it does make perfect sense

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do know that those games weren't said to be only exclusive to that platform explicitly while with starfox 2 it was said so it does make perfect sense

It's up to Nintendo, they can do whatever they want. Would you rather it be exclusive to only a select few on a niche mini console as opposed to the millions who own Switches? Sure sounds like it to me.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So is there netplay added to all the multiplayer games?
I'd hope so. Otherwise, it'd be dumb. Either way, I'm excited for the possibility. They stopped production of the mini/classic consoles and I believe this would be why.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
what? wasnt sonic advertised as a sega genesis exclusive? wasnt he re released several times on all sorts of sega,sony and microsoft consoles?

same thing as halo on xbox and then re released on xbox 360 and pcs ...

Last edited by pedro702,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
what? wasnt sonic advertised as a sega genesis exclusive? wasnt he re released several times on all sorts of sega,sony and microsoft consoles?

same thing as halo on xbox and then re released on xbox 360 and pcs ...
Oddly enough, Halo started out as a would-be Mac exclusive. With Halo CE being an Xbox (brand, not console) exclusive. So, a PC release wasn't exactly a surprise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck Gonna cut myself off.