Super Mario RPG has leaked online

marioryurpg.png

To little surprise, Super Mario RPG has leaked a week ahead of its scheduled release date.

Pinned for a November 17th retail release date, the game has already been dumped and shared online. Super Mario RPG for Nintendo Switch is a remake of the 1996 classic Super Nintendo game - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

We kindly remind you to take due notice of the following...

GBAtemp Zero Piracy Tolerance Please remember that sharing copyrighted content or links to where it can be found even through PMs is against the GBAtemp ToS and your posts and accounts can/will be immediately terminated without warning if you do not follow our Terms and Rules

Will you be playing Super Mario RPG? Have you already? Let us know your thoughts in the thread below.

indianaliam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how does this keep happening? i'm genuinely curious how it's just nintendo stuff is constantly being leaked

do they just give interns admin perms but tell them to be very careful not to leak it

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how does this keep happening? i'm genuinely curious how it's just nintendo stuff is constantly being leaked

do they just give interns admin perms but tell them to be very careful not to leak it

Copies get sent to stories early somewhere or another, someone that knows how to dump games gets a hold of it and dumps it. That simple really.

Reactions: BigOnYa

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Game reviewer, Game store, warehouse worker, customer etc.

Someone gets a hold of it and dumps its. I mean a lot of countries don't respect release dates. They get it and they put it on the shelf instantly.

For example a game store I often frequent had Persona 5 Royale 3 weeks before release date. I could see it from the door, just staring at me, a collectors box. But they couldn't release it or they could get sued.

Reactions: BigOnYa

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Debates about pricing are fair, and the game has admittedly always been relatively short for JRPG standards. But this is absolutely not a "cheap" remake. That would apply to "HD Remasters" such as Wind Waker, Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword which were more akin to minimally enhanced ports sold at a premium rather than remakes. Or on other systems, something like the "remasters" of The Last of Us or Spiderman. The 3DS versions of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask had pretty substantial graphical updates over their original N64 counterparts, but even they don't hold a candle to this game's overhaul.

Within the confines of keeping the original core game intact (unlike say the recent Resident Evil reboots), the Mario RPG remake is a staggeringly impressive and detailed overhaul of the original game's visuals and music. This cannot be overstated. The combat system is also immensely more polished and there are a bunch of quality of life improvements to the menu, shopping, etc. There is also new post game content with additional super bosses that are legitimately challenging. Again arguments about price are fair, but it is in no way a low effort remake. It is an exceedingly high effort one. One of the absolute best i've ever seen. Arte Piazza developed it, and they also handled the DS remakes for Dragon Quest 4, 5 and 6 which were also fantastic. Quality wise, they knocked Mario RPG out of the park as well.

Post game content only added an hour and a half for me, only because I had to retry some of them 3 times as they require perfect guard for every enemy attack. Total time was about 13 hours and the slightly different ending credits weren't worth it to me...

I will say, the post game content doesn't feel very in-spirit of the original :(

• Wow
Reactions: eternal

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no food for thought. For one PS5 isn't hacked yet so leaking a game is impossible plus useless. You couldn't use it. Xbox can't be hacked so you can't leak those game and if you even could, you can't use them because again the xbox can't/isn't hacked. Switch is the only console thats hacked at the moment.
pretty sure if MS took dev mode away the xbox will be hacked in a year (pretty sure some dev is holding out jic ;) )
Post automatically merged:

sucks lockpik is no more luckly if you know where to find the prod.keys (relitivly easy to find) your good (which also means lockpick is still being developed (in secret) nintendo should stop with trying to fight the piracy hydra the cant kill it (probably has 2,000 heads by now)

seems like denuvo is on SMRPG yuzu freezes + no music how does it run on real hw (my hacked switch broke sadly may mod my lite in that case

Last edited by chrisrlink,
  • Wow
Reactions: console

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spoiler alert.

Secret ending shows it was all a dream. Super Mario Bros. 2/USA unlocked on title screen. Mario now wears night cap in SMRPG after youn beat SMB2. Cloud is playable character in SMB2 after you beat SMRPG in night cap.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Is it just me or is the game kind of harder (just a bit). I don't remember having to use items on the original one (without grinding). I do wish the timing ! prompt always is there. I hate that it's inconsistent.

Reactions: Blythe93

MatsumotoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Para pouca surpresa, Super Mario RPG vazou uma semana antes da data de lançamento programada.

Marcado para lançamento no varejo em 17 de novembro, o jogo já foi descartado e compartilhado online. Super Mario RPG para Nintendo Switch é um remake do clássico jogo Super Nintendo de 1996 - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

Lembramos que você deve observar o seguinte...

GBAtemp Zero Piracy Tolerance Lembre-se de que compartilhar conteúdo protegido por direitos autorais ou links para onde ele pode ser encontrado, mesmo por meio de PMs, é contra os ToS do GBAtemp e suas postagens e contas podem/serão encerradas imediatamente sem aviso prévio se você não seguir nossos Termos e regras [/AVISO]
Você vai jogar Super Mario RPG? Você já? Deixe-nos saber sua opinião no tópico abaixo.
GBAtemp Zero Piracy Tolerance
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

A versão Switch?🤔

Hah, isso é engraçado.😆

[AVISO=GBAtemp Zero Tolerância à Pirataria]
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee[/warning]
WCT

FinallyFamouz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do they accessories from the first game (jinx belt, safety ring, quartz charm) not prevent instant death? only asking cause booster fight is kicking my butt or is the insta death nonavoidable in the fight?

scratch that just had to use super jump on him and land 60 or more multiple times plus red essence anyone figure out the extra shiny stone yet?
You'll have to take the extra shiny stone to Culex again in Monstro Town and be ready for the new visuals

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto