Hacking [release] Use blocked DS flashcards on 3DS, probably N3DS too.

Kirit0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do these have to be DSi flashcards, or would a DS Lite one work? I have an old DSTT flashcard, since I only owned a DS Lite. I'd like to get it working on my 3DS so that I can give my Lite to my younger siblings to do what they wish with it, and have all of my things working on a single system.

I'm still new to installing things to my N3DS, and don't want to risk screwing up and bricking my system if I make a mistake. I'm a college student, and can't easily afford paying somebody to hard-mod it. (Although I do have a NAND backup, just in case)

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do these have to be DSi flashcards, or would a DS Lite one work? I have an old DSTT flashcard, since I only owned a DS Lite. I'd like to get it working on my 3DS so that I can give my Lite to my younger siblings to do what they wish with it, and have all of my things working on a single system.

I'm still new to installing things to my N3DS, and don't want to risk screwing up and bricking my system if I make a mistake. I'm a college student, and can't easily afford paying somebody to hard-mod it. (Although I do have a NAND backup, just in case)
Nope, DS flashcards can't be used with this. But you might be able to use them with an action replay 3ds

Alessandro98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I've got a N3DS on 9.0 with Zelda and MSET exploits installed and I've just installed the .CIA of this thread on sysNAND, using a blank sd card with only gateway's launcher.dat and the .CIA file on it, but my gateway blue and my R4i 1.4.1 don't work, also if I can use them flawlessly on my NDS lite. They only appear in the home menu but when I launch them I get the "an error has occured, power off the system" black screen. How can I solve this problem? Thanks in advance :D

Alessandro98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I've got a N3DS on 9.0 with Zelda and MSET exploits installed and I've just installed the .CIA of this thread on sysNAND, using a blank sd card with only gateway's launcher.dat and the .CIA file on it, but my gateway blue and my R4i 1.4.1 don't work, also if I can use them flawlessly on my NDS lite. They only appear in the home menu but when I launch them I get the "an error has occured, power off the system" black screen. How can I solve this problem? Thanks in advance :D

No one?

Kirit0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the firmware on the SD that is inside the flash card set up properly?
Ya i figured after i asked that question :P thanks though. I didnt know this was even possible on a 2DS. I was so pissed because recently i purchased an r4 ds flashcart and i messed up in the setup by updating it the second time, when updating it accidently the 2nd time i thought it would be okay to just power off my 3ds... Thennn i had no ds games :( so finally my blue gw card came in handy :D. Patience is a virtue, im glad i didnt buy another one.

Alessandro98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are you sure you installed the cia to Sysnand and are trying your gateway blue and R4i 1.4.1 also from Sysnand?

Yes, I have some folders on sysNAND that are different in emuNAND, where I also have a theme installed, so I am 100% I've installed it in sysNAND and that I am trying the flascharts there. Moreover I think that if it wasn't installed they wouldn't even show up. Could I try to reinstall it? May it hurt something?

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have some folders on sysNAND that are different in emuNAND, where I also have a theme installed, so I am 100% I've installed it in sysNAND and that I am trying the flascharts there. Moreover I think that if it wasn't installed they wouldn't even show up. Could I try to reinstall it? May it hurt something?
They do show up even if the cia wasn't installed, and give an error like the one you have..
Yes you could try to reinstall it.

eorido

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I read post on the forums about the Acekard2i and TWL stuff to make it work again. I want to make Acekard2i work again
But i didnt actually understand how to. Can someone explain it please step by step please? I would really appreciate that.
I also dont know where to download TWL_FIRM 2.0 and the DS whitelist also. And also dont know where to delete the old TWL in the FBI program.

By the way. I have a 3DS normal with 8.x firmware. The flascardtimewarp didnt work for me.

Much regards!​

Alessandro98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've tried to reinstall the .CIA but the blue card still doesn't work, I haven't tried the other but I don't think it would work either :(
I've also noticed that if try to reinstall it using BBM it tells me that it is already installed, but if I use Devmenu it installs the .CIA just fine, like the first time. I don't know what else I could do, any ideas?
Thanks in advance :D

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,​
I read post on the forums about the Acekard2i and TWL stuff to make it work again. I want to make Acekard2i work again​
But i didnt actually understand how to. Can someone explain it please step by step please? I would really appreciate that.​
I also dont know where to download TWL_FIRM 2.0 and the DS whitelist also. And also dont know where to delete the old TWL in the FBI program.​
By the way. I have a 3DS normal with 8.x firmware. The flascardtimewarp didnt work for me.​
Much regards!​
I never tried with FBI but here is how I done it :

1- Use 3DSNUS to download title 0004800F484E4841 in version 0 (at least for EU but it seems to be the same title for other regions) and, if you use BigBlueMenu to install it you will have to spoof the version because it will not let you install version older than actual one so spoof to 60250 for example. If you use DevMenu to install cia no need to spoof, I don't know about FBI but I assume you will be forced to spoof version too.
2- Just install the generated CIA to your SysNAND (don't work on EmuNAND) and it's done.

Reactions: eorido

eorido

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks toto621,
so i only have to install this CIA in sysnand with devmenu ( no need for spoofing) and then acekard2i will work again? Does this CIA change the firmware or anything with retail savegames or important stuff?

Regards

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've also noticed that if try to reinstall it using BBM it tells me that it is already installed, but if I use Devmenu it installs the .CIA just fine, like the first time. I don't know what else I could do, any ideas?
Thanks in advance :D
Sorry man, I've no more ideas nor do I have any clue why it doesn't work for you :/

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks toto621,
so i only have to install this CIA in sysnand with devmenu ( no need for spoofing) and then acekard2i will work again? Does this CIA change the firmware or anything with retail savegames or important stuff?

Regards
That's right and no, this particular title only handle DS flashcard whitelist, nothing else.

Also, even with this, some DS flashcard still do not work, like CycloDS Evolution and other flashcards that never worked on 3DS by the way, I don't know about Acekard2i but it worth the try :)

Reactions: eorido

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi