cable-one

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

Ive been a long time lurker on these forums.
Now i actually have a question, since iam moving forward a few generations in console.

I used to play with my DS and a cyclops ds evolution (great!) flash card.
Since the screens are getting bad (yellow) and i like a bigger screen iam in the market for a new 3ds.

What is the best card for this system (new 3ds xl)
It needs to play:
GBA (hassle free after some installs or so)
Noob friendly

However iam not shure if i need one?
A CFW seems to be sufficient?

An Ace3DS X seems to fit my needs.
Also the gateway seems right bus it is a hassle to play GBA games?

Please point me in the right direction

Thank you!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Technically you wont need any additional hardware. 3DS custom firmware allows playing 3DS games, DS(i) games (TWilight Menu++) as well as GBA (Virtual Console injection, open_agb_firm)

Reactions: SylverReZ

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Technically you wont need any additional hardware. 3DS custom firmware allows playing 3DS games, DS(i) games (TWilight Menu++) as well as GBA (Virtual Console injection, open_agb_firm)
Not to mention the slew of emulators and apps that can be used from the homebrew menu, so they don't count towards the 300 installable title limit.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything that the flash cards do, you can do better with CFW. I was one of the early adopters of the Gateway 3DS card, and it's much more of a hassle than the twenty minutes it takes to set up your 3DS to do much more than a flash card can do.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Everything that the flash cards do, you can do better with CFW. I was one of the early adopters of the Gateway 3DS card, and it's much more of a hassle than the twenty minutes it takes to set up your 3DS to do much more than a flash card can do.
I mean, at least the blue card was useful to run DS games.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I specifically use an AceKard2 specifically for DS games. My 3DS has custom firmware, so installing actual 3DS games has always been easy as heck, but my 3DS has always had issues with TwilightMenu playing DS games. Plus, using the AceKard2 means I only have it as an icon for DS games meaning I'm not taking out the 300 game limit out.

Reactions: piracy-haven

piracy-haven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I specifically use an AceKard2 specifically for DS games. My 3DS has custom firmware, so installing actual 3DS games has always been easy as heck, but my 3DS has always had issues with TwilightMenu playing DS games. Plus, using the AceKard2 means I only have it as an icon for DS games meaning I'm not taking out the 300 game limit out.
Me too i use the same card and an o3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto