Hacking [release] Use blocked DS flashcards on 3DS, probably N3DS too.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I can't download these titles because 3DNUS stops, saying:

How did you manage to get it working?
make sure you havent blocked the nintendo update server or whatever as its working fine for me
I discovered that the problem with my gateway blue not working is related to contact issues, indeed a friend of mine's one works just fine with my N3DS. The R4i 1.4.1 probably has the same problem or it was blocked in TWL_FIRM, can someone confirm it? Moreover I read here that someone made his gateway work resolving the contact issues by putting a piece of paper inside it. Can someone send a picture of this fix please?
Thanks a lot in advance
here like this, and its more a piece of thin card than paper
PHOTO_20150429_151858.jpg

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Anyway, I installed both titles and it didn't work :(
It doesn't matter anyway, I have an Ace3DS+ and a Gateway blue card.

P.S.: this card (r4i ultra) worked fine on earlier firmwares

EDIT: I think I installed them to emunand... well, maybe I'll try again later...

Alessandro98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
make sure you havent blocked the nintendo update server or whatever as its working fine for me

here like this, and its more a piece of thin card than paper
PHOTO_20150429_151858.jpg
Thanks a lot, so do you think that the faulty contact is in the low part of the card, or have you just put the piece of card there randomly?
Thanks a lot again in advance.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thanks a lot, so do you think that the faulty contact is in the low part of the card, or have you just put the piece of card there randomly?
Thanks a lot again in advance.
it just pushes the contacts forwards so they connect better with the 3DS, mine always worked on my o3DS XL, but was more funny with my n3DS, putting the piece of card in solved it and it always works now

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Crash landing here after a while. So with GW 3.2's new installer, I could install TWL_FIRM 4.4.0 or lower on sysnand and bypass the massive flashcart block that happened back then, thereby restoring access to a lot of flashcards? Has anyone gotten this to work?

Alessandro98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it just pushes the contacts forwards so they connect better with the 3DS, mine always worked on my o3DS XL, but was more funny with my n3DS, putting the piece of card in solved it and it always works now

I placed a piece of paper folded two or three times in the same position as you did but it doesn't work anyway, it's really annoying that mine doesn't work and all the others yes :(

Phabio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
a little offtopic here... but is the bluecardfix.cia safe to install on a 2ds? if not, is this method safer for me?

i'm a little scare of bricking my darling 2ds

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I'm trying to get my supercard DS One i Mini to work. Here's what I'm understanding from this topic. Just FYI, the Supercard DS One i Mini works up to 4.4.0

Download 3DNus

Download 0004013800000102 (TWL_FIRM) v1489 and 0004800F484E4841 (DS Card Whitelist) v1026. Both of these were in this list (FW 2.0.0): http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?date=06-15-11_07-02-00&sys=ctr&soap=1

Install as CIA using BigBlueMenu

Couple questions:
first, am I missing any steps?
second, can I run this in emuNAND instead of sysNAND? I have an orig 3DS XL on 9.2 with an rxTools 9.7 unlinked emuNAND. I can borrow a friend's gateway to install the CIAs if I need to bypass some sort of sig checks for the initial CIA installation. I would really rather leave my sysNAND untouched, for safety's sake. I don't care about having a DS profile exploit in sysNAND. I'm completely content with using the web exploit since I have hotspot on my phone.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
second, can I run this in emuNAND instead of sysNAND? I have an orig 3DS XL on 9.2 with an rxTools 9.7 unlinked emuNAND. I can borrow a friend's gateway to install the CIAs if I need to bypass some sort of sig checks for the initial CIA installation. I would really rather leave my sysNAND untouched, for safety's sake. I don't care about having a DS profile exploit in sysNAND. I'm completely content with using the web exploit since I have hotspot on my phone.
You have to use the latest GW launcher to install the files to sysNAND.

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I'm trying to get my supercard DS One i Mini to work. Here's what I'm understanding from this topic. Just FYI, the Supercard DS One i Mini works up to 4.4.0

Download 3DNus

Download 0004013800000102 (TWL_FIRM) v1489 and 0004800F484E4841 (DS Card Whitelist) v1026. Both of these were in this list (FW 2.0.0): http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?date=06-15-11_07-02-00&sys=ctr&soap=1

Install as CIA using BigBlueMenu

Couple questions:
From what I understand, DS flash cards cannot run in emuNand. I know they can't with Gateway's emuNand, I haven't messed with rxTools. Installing these to sysNand is pretty harmless, though, since you're just replacing the whitelist of games that are allowed to run on your system, rather than messing with any system programs. If you have access to a Gateway, you can also back up and restore your sysNand with the launcher, just in case. (Actually, I think you can do that with just the launcher, even if you don't have access to a Gateway card.)

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand, DS flash cards cannot run in emuNand. I know they can't with Gateway's emuNand, I haven't messed with rxTools. Installing these to sysNand is pretty harmless, though, since you're just replacing the whitelist of games that are allowed to run on your system, rather than messing with any system programs. If you have access to a Gateway, you can also back up and restore your sysNand with the launcher, just in case. (Actually, I think you can do that with just the launcher, even if you don't have access to a Gateway card.)

So I don't need to delete any CIAs or spoof version numbers for this? And there's no downside to changing TWL_FIRM to the older version?

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I don't need to delete any CIAs or spoof version numbers for this? And there's no downside to changing TWL_FIRM to the older version?

I don't know if TWL_FIRM is necessary, I don't recall seeing guides that mention installing it, only bluecardfix.cia/FlashCardTimeWarp.cia. My understanding is that these are the official whitelists/blacklists in older versions of the system, to re-enable cards that were blocked by updates (I think FCTW has its version number altered so that it won't get overwritten by official updates), which is why there's no need to spoof and why they work in sysNand. Since my sysNand is on 4.2, I haven't had to actually go through with this, so I can't say too much more on it. Others would probably know more than I do.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is bluecardfix the official gateway one? Has anyone tried using it on the o3DS? How is it different from flashcardtimewarp?

also, what is TWL_FIRM?

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bluecardfix is almost the same like flashcard timewarp. Yes, it works with o3DS. The differences are not that important.
TW_FIRM is the firm that launches DS- and DSi titles. It needs to be downgraded to fix flashcards that only worked up to 4.3 on higher systems. In addition to that it must be downgraded to use the CycloDS iEvolution.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried installing bluecardfix.cia to my sysNAND using gateway mode. I got into bigbluemenu.3DS, but it failed to install the CIA file. Not sure why. I wonder if I should try install the official whitelist that I got from 3DNus for firmware 2.0.0. It's not the v0, but it should be old enough to allow my supercard, right?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So I tried installing bluecardfix.cia to my sysNAND using gateway mode. I got into bigbluemenu.3DS, but it failed to install the CIA file. Not sure why. I wonder if I should try install the official whitelist that I got from 3DNus for firmware 2.0.0. It's not the v0, but it should be old enough to allow my supercard, right?
you need to use devmenu, BBM wont downgrade titles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto