Hacking [release] Use blocked DS flashcards on 3DS, probably N3DS too.

D

Deleted-19228

Not sure. To be honest, I just know you can extract emunand partition from your SD/MicroSD and flash it onto your sysnand. I do it all the time for testing.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not sure. To be honest, I just know you can extract emunand partition from your SD/MicroSD and flash it onto your sysnand. I do it all the time for testing.

Ok so if I try many time there is a chance for it to work.

That always work for you or sometimes don't ? Are you often do the same steps when you want it to work ? Or it's purely random ?

D

Deleted-19228

Works 100% for me...New 3DS XL and my old 3DS and 3DS XL. If it works in rxtools it should work as far as I know...

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Acekard was blocked with TWL_FIRM, so the DS Cart White list won't help you getting that to work. To really fix that card, you'll have to downgrade to 4.x then update back to 9.2 using CIAs but excluding the TWL_FIRM and DS Cart White list CIAs. Then you have to restore backups of the 9.2 firm0/firm1 partitions using rxTools into the emunand you updated to 9.2 with CIAs (don't do this on sysnand directly you will brick the console). Then flash that emunand to sysnand.

Unless you know what you're doing, I would recommend getting a NAND mod before attempting this.

This is currently the way you'll get Acekard to work on your 9.x system. ;)
Wait... so, uh...
Since a 2DS can't downgrade to 4.X, does this mean an AK2i can never work on a 2DS?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Wait... so, uh...
Since a 2DS can't downgrade to 4.X, does this mean an AK2i can never work on a 2DS?

No. You can get Acekard to work by downgrading TWL_FIRM. It's mainly NATIVE_FIRM and other things you can't downgrade on a 2DS.

Use FBI to uninstall TWL_FIRM and install an older one. Do the same for the DS Cart White List.

I can also confirm that having a 2DS/3DS with TWL_FIRM uninstalled does not brick. I had uninstalled TWL_FIRM the other day to try installing the one from 1.0 launch firmware. However I attempted to boot a custom DevMenu that I forogt I had installed and it crashed. So rebooted to use BigBlueMenu instead. It booted up fine. So having no TWL_FIRM at all doesn't cause a brick. At this point I would guess the worse you could possibly do with TWL_FIRM is not be able to use DS/DSi games until you install a working one.

Note that TWL_FIRM from 1.0 launch console is not compatible with 4.x and higher firmwares. (all DS games I've tried get same crash error) I would bet it wouldn't work on 2.0-3.0 either. There must be a significant change they did between 1.0 and 2.0 thus why original TWL can't be used on newer firmwares.

The one from 2.0 works for me so use that. But note I have not tested DSiWare. Only DS games/flashcart.

Reactions: BerserkLeon

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No. You can get Acekard to work by downgrading TWL_FIRM. It's mainly NATIVE_FIRM and other things you can't downgrade on a 2DS.

Use FBI to uninstall TWL_FIRM and install an older one. Do the same for the DS Cart White List.

I can also confirm that having a 2DS/3DS with TWL_FIRM uninstalled does not brick. I had uninstalled TWL_FIRM the other day to try installing the one from 1.0 launch firmware. However I attempted to boot a custom DevMenu that I forogt I had installed and it crashed. So rebooted to use BigBlueMenu instead. It booted up fine. So having no TWL_FIRM at all doesn't cause a brick. At this point I would guess the worse you could possibly do with TWL_FIRM is not be able to use DS/DSi games until you install a working one.

Note that TWL_FIRM from 1.0 launch console is not compatible with 4.x and higher firmwares. (all DS games I've tried get same crash error) I would bet it wouldn't work on 2.0-3.0 either. There must be a significant change they did between 1.0 and 2.0 thus why original TWL can't be used on newer firmwares.

The one from 2.0 works for me so use that. But note I have not tested DSiWare. Only DS games/flashcart.

TWL_FIRM 2.0 on 4.X works for you if I understand ?

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can I update my sysnand to 6.1 by install 3dnus cias with FBI ? I know this is work on emunand but everyone does not agree with sysnand ?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I update my sysnand to 6.1 by install 3dnus cias with FBI ? I know this is work on emunand but everyone does not agree with sysnand ?

Updating sysnand with .cia requires another step in between installing the cias and rebooting into the new version.

You can use this tool to attempt it, but be sure to make a backup first with gateway's launcher in case it bricks: https://github.com/profi200/sysUpdater

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this was ever put here but the DSTwo STILL works on the 3DS/n3ds with the 1.25 update that came out awhile back.

yes but mine wasn't working because
... it seems the TWL_FIRM from 1.0 doesnt work with 4.x+, you can use the one from 2.x though which is v1489

I eventually fixed it by flashing my nand.bin from 5.1 with gateway's launcher since I don't have a hardmod yet.
I'm still not sure how to properly get mset back in working order.. seems like I NEED to use mt_card's launcher with the gateway sploit and then mset magically works.
simply doing multiroploader's homebrew 4x doesn't work. Using gateway's gw_installer.nds doesn't seem to work.
But I did get it working again.. I just hope it doesn't stop working again. Since my SCDSOim is working on 4.4 I'm not gonna bother messing with twl_firm or the whitelist again.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Updating sysnand with .cia requires another step in between installing the cias and rebooting into the new version.

You can use this tool to attempt it, but be sure to make a backup first with gateway's launcher in case it bricks: https://github.com/profi200/sysUpdater

I don't know how to built the cia of sysUpdater ?

Run the makefile with python ?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah, if it ain't broke dont fix it....but TWL_FIRM 2.x is causing no issues for me, are you sure you didnt accidentally grab the 1.x version....or try to spoof it, that wouldn't work TWL_FIRM has to be install as it is no spoofing

D

Deleted-19228

yes but mine wasn't working because

I eventually fixed it by flashing my nand.bin from 5.1 with gateway's launcher since I don't have a hardmod yet.
I'm still not sure how to properly get mset back in working order.. seems like I NEED to use mt_card's launcher with the gateway sploit and then mset magically works.
simply doing multiroploader's homebrew 4x doesn't work. Using gateway's gw_installer.nds doesn't seem to work.
But I did get it working again.. I just hope it doesn't stop working again. Since my SCDSOim is working on 4.4 I'm not gonna bother messing with twl_firm or the whitelist again.

My point is you don't need to do any of this hacky stuff. DSTwo works out of the box. I updated mine to 1.25. If you check their forums other people confirm it still works on 9.7 on the n3ds as well. I have a virgin MM N3DSXL that is on 9.7 and it is using the DSTwo with absolutely no issues.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
My point is you don't need to do any of this hacky stuff. DSTwo works out of the box. I updated mine to 1.25. If you check their forums other people confirm it still works on 9.7 on the n3ds as well. I have a virgin MM N3DSXL that is on 9.7 and it is using the DSTwo with absolutely no issues.
yeah this is mainly just a means to an end there is plenty of choices of 9.x compatible NDS cards nintendo havent blocked them for a long time now......but seeing as people with 6.x-9.2 3DS consoles who have a GW card that happened to come with a NDS card that only worked upto 6.2.....why not just enable it, i doubt anyone cares all that much about what NDS card they use, or how they use it.....obviously if your on 9.7 none of this applies to you in the first place so you pretty much have no blocked NDS card in hand and no way of installing this even if you did

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how to built the cia of sysUpdater ?

Run the makefile with python ?

you're not familiar with github, are you?
https://github.com/profi200/sysUpdater/releases
The cia's right there.

yeah, if it ain't broke dont fix it....but TWL_FIRM 2.x is causing no issues for me, are you sure you didnt accidentally grab the 1.x version....or try to spoof it, that wouldn't work TWL_FIRM has to be install as it is no spoofing

I grabbed the 2x first, but then i heard about there being an earlier version so I grabbed it instead. As noted, nothing worked with it. I'll screw with these again once I update to 9.2, and have an emunand on latest.

I have a dstwo but I technically gave it to my fiancee. I knew it worked on 9.5 already as I have a few 3DSes on that. I installed 1.x twl_Firm to hope my older supercard would work but then nothing worked. I just wanted to get my older supercard working since i dont need the features from the DSTWO and I don't wanna keep bothering her to borrow it.

Also I found out through this endeavor that you can't downgrade your DSTWO's firmware. I was thinking it was the issue so I tried... no cigar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: stick a decal on it +1