ROM Hack [Release] Ultimate GBC VC Injector for 3DS

jwraight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have both sysnand and emunand? If so, install the CIA in both nands. Install them with the last FBI version
(don't update sysnand)
I only use sysnand and unless there was a recent fbi update I should be on the latest version, do I need to change any settings in the footer generator?

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I only use sysnand and unless there was a recent fbi update I should be on the latest version, do I need to change any settings in the footer generator?
At first, you should try a pre-made GBA CIA from that iso site to see if it's a problem with your console or not.
If not, try injecting other games. I though the footer generation program auto-fills the values...

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
noob time because I got confused
Link is/gonna be possible?
need to be instaled both in sys and emu nand? or only emu is ok?
For GBC injections (this thread), just install in the nand you use.

Link is not possible at this time, due to there's ROM specific and complex patches needed

Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well this is allright! Thanks
Actually I wulder if at least would be possible to gen2 pokemon or it's/gen1 hacks , since for gen1 work XD but I think it' easier to inject on the specfic .cia, right?

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
well this is allright! Thanks
Actually I wulder if at least would be possible to gen2 pokemon or it's/gen1 hacks , since for gen1 work XD but I think it' easier to inject on the specfic .cia, right?

Some hacks of gen1 work fine with Link emulation. There's a whole thread in this forum which talks about the New VC (that who comes with pokemon red/blue/green/yellow and supports link and no save states). The thread is this. Also, with that new VC, the color paletes are corrupted, and you can ony inject GB (no color) roms, which have no color and looks well.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Some hacks of gen1 work fine with Link emulation. There's a whole thread in this forum which talks about the New VC (that who comes with pokemon red/blue/green/yellow and supports link and no save states). The thread is this. Also, with that new VC, the color paletes are corrupted, and you can ony inject GB (no color) roms, which have no color and looks well.
hmm nice!
But, why no color? I mean, even if we use Yellow as base?

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
hmm nice!
But, why no color? I mean, even if we use Yellow as base?
Pokemon yellow have a color pallet, but Pokemon gold uses more colors, and the new VC didn't care about those. That's because that new VC is made specifically for that pokemon games. Maybe some day Nintendo will release Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal for VC which supports link, but I'm not sure... you can play the remakes in 3DS, so I think they won't release...

I mean, you CAN inject pokemon gold in the new VC, but the pallet is messed up, and obviously, no link support.

Last edited by Asdolo,

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pokemon yellow have a color pallet, but Pokemon gold uses more colors, and the new VC didn't care about those. That's because that new VC is made specifically for that pokemon games. Maybe some day Nintendo will release Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal for VC which supports link, but I'm not sure... you can play the remakes in 3DS, so I think they won't release...

I mean, you CAN inject pokemon gold in the new VC, but the pallet is messed up, and obviously, no link support.
allright! Well latter I will play a bit with this XD
For now your injector great enough! o3o

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
strange, I tried with pokemon Crystal and a random game here, the crystal worked but the other give a white screen that sometimes glitches ..
It work on the emulator on pc with no problem...

If it's possible I would like to give two ideas
> edit the final .cia (is possible?)
>export both as .3ds and .cia

Also I'm waiting for the border opitions here hehhee
if you wnat I can try to help wit some pattern ones like for pokemon GSC, maybe some other generics?

Last edited by Sliter,

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sorry triple posting :x

This what happened with the game I've tried
imgpsh_fullsize.jpg
Also, it make a EUR region? It's on Portugal's Portuguese... not a problem at all XD
Don't get out this screen... and plays well on emulator so idk.. I can try again later

I had another problem doing pokemon silver, it give a error and don't create the .cia or .3DS
imgpsh_fullsize.png
It's says " the folder isn't empty " wtf XD

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
sorry triple posting :x

This what happened with the game I've tried
View attachment 56556
Also, it make a EUR region? It's on Portugal's Portuguese... not a problem at all XD
Don't get out this screen... and plays well on emulator so idk.. I can try again later

I had another problem doing pokemon silver, it give a error and don't create the .cia or .3DS
View attachment 56557
It's says " the folder isn't empty " wtf XD
For the folder error, delete the folder temp (which is in the program folder) before making the cia.

About language, how do you know if it's portugal or br? The VC menu uses the language of your console, I don't remember if there's a BR Pt language file, and don't even remember if that exist as a region (like US-ES). Your console is US, right?

About the white screen, please send me the ROM by private and I'll try it myself. Maybe It's too long?
Try disabling "show Nintendo logo" and make another CIA, I think it doesn't work...

Last edited by Asdolo,

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For the folder error, delete the folder temp (which is in the program folder) before making the cia.

Try disabling "show Nintendo logo" and make another CIA, I think it doesn't work...

ok I will try again this night and then report XD
About the white screen, please send me the ROM by private and I'll try it myself. Maybe It's too long?
ok if above don't work I send you it

About language, how do you know if it's portugal or br? The VC menu uses the language of your console, I don't remember if there's a BR Pt language file, and don't even remember if that exist as a region (like US-ES). Your console is US, right?
it's a bit different, some words changes, for example we call Screen, like a 3DS screen as "tela", there they call as " Ecrã" XD
Portuguese BR and PT are separated like different regions, so (unless we use something that help us on that)if I get an europen game that have PT, I can't play in PT, same if on a eur region console if you get a game US with or Pt...

so yes this is us but the VC show in Pt-pt here not ptbr, but it's not an issue ... maybe It's something about the luma CFW? maybe it set the PT as only one? XD idk hahah

edit:
And here the reports:
Silver worked /o/

The other kept the same :x
I'm sending you a PM....

One thing about the unique IDs, should I keep it random as the program generate or look for these obscure games no one have interest?
The product can be literraly anything, right?

Last edited by Sliter,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la