ROM Hack [Release] Sm4shCommand

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are sites. Places that the minds of men should not be, and places that the minds of men can not be lead to, lest they be lead down the path of insanity.

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are sites. Places that the minds of men should not be, and places that the minds of men can not be lead to, lest they be lead down the path of insanity.
I have been to such sites and found such a file that its extension ended with a government intelligent agency, but alas, I have yet to get the data from it that is needed.

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do i patch the dt file?
I edited the textures of one of the stages and dont know how to patch the file, also how would i test my changes in the game? (like how do i get Hans to read it?)

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do i patch the dt file?
I edited the textures of one of the stages and dont know how to patch the file, also how would i test my changes in the game? (like how do i get Hans to read it?)
How did you edit the textures? What program(s) did you use?

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I exported the textures as png edited them using a photo editing software (Paint.net) then i used a program to convert the png into one of the compatible texture formats for ohana3ds.
(I Cant remember the program off the top of my head)
Isnt that what people do for MK7? or does it use a different format compared to SSB3DS?
How do i patch the dt file and test it with hans? (i'm kind of confused.)

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I exported the textures as png edited them using a photo editing software (Paint.net) then i used a program to convert the png into one of the compatible texture formats for ohana3ds.
(I Cant remember the program off the top of my head)
Isnt that what people do for MK7? or does it use a different format compared to SSB3DS?
How do i patch the dt file and test it with hans? (i'm kind of confused.)
To patch the file you need to use the patcher and have the file set up in a with the same path as the actual path.
How did you save the bch/mbn file after you converted it? I can load the texture but I cant save it.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To patch the file you need to use the patcher and have the file set up in a with the same path as the actual path.
How did you save the bch/mbn file after you converted it? I can load the texture but I cant save it.
requires some very illegal .bch creation stuff that we probably can't link you ourselves. yknow, from the dev kits

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't tell if that's a typo - defiantly, lol - but it's a fitting one. there's about a 51% chance that is the right folder. maybe. >->

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever feel like Mii Gunner doesn't pack enough of a punch, doesn't bring enough heavy artillery?

Well, here's a solution! Albeit in a super-beta, unfinished form!

NOTE: Up-smash will not be kept for any future versions. It's just like that because I thought it was HILARIOUS.

NOTE2: Dump as text does nothing. Disappointing

NOTE3: CHANGELOG: dash attack drops a grenade and a bomb drop; jab fires f-airs; up smash end hit has 1 millon+ range, damage, kbg and bkb (this won't stick around lmao); dtilt drops a bomb drop

Attachments

• warmachinev0.1.txt
    8.9 KB · Views: 203
Last edited by darklordrs,
Reactions: I pwned U!

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever feel like Mii Gunner doesn't pack enough of a punch, doesn't bring enough heavy artillery?

Well, here's a solution! Albeit in a super-beta, unfinished form!

NOTE: Up-smash will not be kept for any future versions. It's just like that because I thought it was HILARIOUS.

NOTE2: Dump as text does nothing. Disappointing

Dumping as text was mainly designed for ease of patch diffing, like Dant's MasterCore3. You can't reimport from the text dumps or anything. Maybe in the future I'll rewrite SM4SHCommand to be just the IDE, and write an actual psuedo-compiler that the ide just makes use of. Then you could work in plaintext files like normal programming. But this is all fairly overkill for a modding tool. If i end up doing it, it will be mostly just because it would be a fun programming project.

Last edited by Sammi Husky,
Reactions: chrisall76

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably, yes. Note that it only really worked in melee\PM because they lack ground-bouncing (unless spiking a grounded opponent); in smash 4 it'd likely groundbounce them

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably information you've already been given @Sammi Husky but unk_23A is apparently some sort of code for projectiles (it appears in many forms in mii gunner's moveset: unk_23A(0x1) fires the forward air shots, 0x2 fires lazer blaze\uthrow\bthrow shots, 0x6 for grenades, etc..) and unk_F1F is seemingly recoil code; found as (-1, 0) in mii gunner's case normally, but when switched to 1, 0 the recoil goes forward rather than back. Stuff to know, I guess.

Unknown_F1F confirmed as
Code:
set_momentum(float vertical, float horizontal)

Last edited by Sammi Husky,

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unknown_F1F confirmed as
Code:
set_momentum(float horizontal, float vertical)
That's sick as hell. When can it be updated directly into SM4SHCOMMAND?

Also brb, implementing this into War Machine v0.2 :D Realized I could make a wavedash by simply telling airdodge to apply forward momentum 1 and downward momentum 1

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's sick as hell. When can it be updated directly into SM4SHCOMMAND?

Also brb, implementing this into War Machine v0.2 :D Realized I could make a wavedash by simply telling airdodge to apply forward momentum 1 and downward momentum 1

You can just edit the events.cfg file and rename unknown_f1f to set_momentum and that will change it in the program

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just realized, If you can directionally air dodge with this, and smash 4 has unlimited air doges, then... Can we fly???

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just realized, If you can directionally air dodge with this, and smash 4 has unlimited air doges, then... Can we fly???
Not that simple. The psuedo directional airdodge I created doesn't account for the fact that the game has it's own say in how characters and momentum are and all - yknow, gravity and fallspeeds and such. It's a pain in the ass.

I could probably implement flying SUPER easy though, do you have a character in mind :P

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that simple. The psuedo directional airdodge I created doesn't account for the fact that the game has it's own say in how characters and momentum are and all - yknow, gravity and fallspeeds and such. It's a pain in the ass.

I could probably implement flying SUPER easy though, do you have a character in mind :P
Gannon defiantly gannon. We need to make the MOST op gannondorf possible to create a smash 4 gannondorf challenge. Also... gannon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5