Hacking Modded 3ds fully restarted

Skyfoxdartner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says the whole system restarted, as in went back to factory settings. I took the sd card out a few days ago to dump things with God Mode 9, specifically the Nintendo theme shop backup. In order to decrypt that though, I copied the movable.sed file to >Nintendo 3ds > Private. I'm sure the issue has to do with that. Either way when I turned it back on just now with the SD card in, the luma password still worked and so did the splash screen, but it now goes to console setup. I REALLY don't want to lose everything, as it's been modded for a long ass time. Is there any recovery, any sort of hoops I can jump through whatsoever.

Attachments

• VID_20240505_111219190.mp4
    42.7 MB

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order to decrypt that though, I copied the movable.sed file to >Nintendo 3ds > Private.
It normally copies movable.sed to sd:/GM9/out why did you change it if you did?
Anyway, you have to check if sd:/Nintendo 3ds/32id folder is in there that's what holds your data, if it's wiped somehow then your hit out of luck. Copying Movable.sed to Nintendo 3ds folder shouldn't cause this, but it's better to move it elsewhere anyway.

Skyfoxdartner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, you have to check if sd:/Nintendo 3ds/32id folder is in there that's what holds your data, if it's wiped somehow then your hit out of luck. Copying Movable.sed to Nintendo 3ds folder shouldn't cause this, but it's better to move it elsewhere anyway.
This is what's currently in the Nintendo 3ds folder. I'm aware there are multiple more than typically but that's due to some homebrew modifications. Even so I've had these on forever and it worked beforehand. What should I do and also where do you recommend I move the .sed file?

Attachments

• 1715207326344654522608802975509.jpg
    1715207326344654522608802975509.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4

Skyfoxdartner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, sorry to bug you but did you see that last response I sent? I just really want this issued remedied

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what's currently in the Nintendo 3ds folder. I'm aware there are multiple more than typically but that's due to some homebrew modifications.
Probably when you first installed cfw, when you backed up the first folder the 3ds created a new one (cause it didn't find any) and when you put the old one back it wasn't used..
If you're using 3dsbank that's normal to have more than one.
Even so I've had these on forever and it worked beforehand.
Having more than one shouldn't be the issue. tbh i have no idea how this could happen, could be an sd card/ corruption issue, i don't remember if you said your sd card was tested with h2testw or not, but if not, now's the time. Obv backup your data beforehand, empty it and then do the test. If it passes it, format it as FAT32 32kb clusters and copy the stuff back, otherwise it's faulty and shouldn't be used.
where do you recommend I move the .sed file?
Sd:/Gm9/out
Post automatically merged:

Check those Nintendo 3ds folders and see if there's still data inside and that they're not empty for any reason.

Last edited by CoolMe,
Reactions: Skyfoxdartner

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I went to the drive thru lady hands me me receipt go up to the 2nd one same lady hands me my...