ROM Hack [Release] Sm4shCommand

chrisall76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was working fine last night, but today i changed Kirby and tried him in-game and the game crashed once I did a dtilt. The only thing I changed was fthrow (which is working fine and the change seems to have happened), so I dunno what the problem is. Maybe I'm not saving correctly? How should I be saving (in AnimCmd)?

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made it so Mii Gunner's fair repeats the code for grenade launching, except with fair's normal recoil, and 47 times in 47 frames. Long story short, if you DON'T pick grenade while using it, you get this long sorta-wavedash that makes you feel like you're playing Melee Luigi, and if you do, you're basically a god like rocket launcher

not sure if it qualifies as warez, but here we go.

note: this removes the hitbox code for jab, nair and final smash to make space. rename the .rar to .bin and have fun

Last edited by darklordrs,

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The files are generated from scratch by my tool so it shouldn't qualify as warez? Dunno how that works honestly. But i can't say it's any different from what's been being done in Brawl hacking since inception. I mean PM, Minus, and all the other hacks do the same.

Was working fine last night, but today i changed Kirby and tried him in-game and the game crashed once I did a dtilt. The only thing I changed was fthrow (which is working fine and the change seems to have happened), so I dunno what the problem is. Maybe I'm not saving correctly? How should I be saving (in AnimCmd)?

Hmm, i'm not sure what that's all about. So all you changed was fthrow? Are you able to open and look at his dtilt? It could be that the archive became corrupted from the file patched in being too large, overwriting some other data later in the file..

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The files are generated from scratch by my tool so it shouldn't qualify as warez? Dunno how that works honestly. But i can't say it's any different from what's been being done in Brawl hacking since inception. I mean PM, Minus, and all the other hacks do the same.

Hmm, i'm not sure what that's all about. So all you changed was fthrow? Are you able to open and look at his dtilt? It could be that the archive became corrupted from the file patched in being too large, overwriting some other data later in the file..
whoops i ust realized i could dump as text, I literally just sent a renamed game.bin. deleting now

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have File->open->fighter or View->Parse Animations.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 12.57.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 12.57.59 AM.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 187
  • Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 12.57.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 12.57.57 AM.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 166

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, Im trying to edit marth's texture with ohana3ds and I can export it, but when I try to import the edited texture, I can only pick between file types .bch .bcres .bcmdl .bctex and .tex Im using the latest version of ohana. I was wondering if this is a problem with ohana or just how smash models are. Can one of you open marths model \00040000000edf00\model\fighter\marth\body\normal.bch or \00040000000edf00\model\fighter\marth\body\normal.mbn and see if the texture import feature supports PNGs?

TheConfuZzledDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, Im trying to edit marth's texture with ohana3ds and I can export it, but when I try to import the edited texture, I can only pick between file types .bch .bcres .bcmdl .bctex and .tex Im using the latest version of ohana. I was wondering if this is a problem with ohana or just how smash models are. Can one of you open marths model \00040000000edf00\model\fighter\marth\body\normal.bch or \00040000000edf00\model\fighter\marth\body\normal.mbn and see if the texture import feature supports PNGs?
That seems like more of a question to ask on the Ohana3DS thread

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep encountering this error when trying to patch the dt using the latest version of DTLS.
I might suggest checking that your dt file is completely clean, or at least that it's not corrupted or anything.

Also, welcome to GBAtemp! Have fun getting the amount of posts necessary that people respect you lmao

chrisall76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Looks like I'm able to open dtilt just fine, so I guess it's what you said about it overwriting some data.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switched it to spreadsheet format here. Column B is game.bin filesize in bytes.

Since Lucina has the biggest game.bin, she is the prime candidate for replacing with other characters. This is info from 1.0.1, though. Humorously, Villager and Pikachu have a game.bin filesize of exactly 17444 bytes, prime candidates to be replaced with each other, lol

Last edited by darklordrs,
Reactions: chrisall76

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably information you've already been given @Sammi Husky but unk_23A is apparently some sort of code for projectiles (it appears in many forms in mii gunner's moveset: unk_23A(0x1) fires the forward air shots, 0x2 fires lazer blaze\uthrow\bthrow shots, 0x6 for grenades, etc..) and unk_F1F is seemingly recoil code; found as (-1, 0) in mii gunner's case normally, but when switched to 1, 0 the recoil goes forward rather than back. Stuff to know, I guess.

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably information you've already been given @Sammi Husky but unk_23A is apparently some sort of code for projectiles (it appears in many forms in mii gunner's moveset: unk_23A(0x1) fires the forward air shots, 0x2 fires lazer blaze\uthrow\bthrow shots, 0x6 for grenades, etc..) and unk_F1F is seemingly recoil code; found as (-1, 0) in mii gunner's case normally, but when switched to 1, 0 the recoil goes forward rather than back. Stuff to know, I guess.

Interesting. Very good stuff! try changing the -1 to something like -5. That command could be add/subtract or add/set momentum. I'll see about messing around and confirming these later.

I should probably just remove the 16 byte leeway in the patching and make it strictly the same or smaller that is accepted. It seems like it's just causing more frustration. Full DT repacking is getting closer now anyways. Though all of this is somewhat futile once updates come into the mix. I have no idea how we will handle update data on the 3ds, honestly.

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. Very good stuff! try changing the -1 to something like -5. That command could be add/subtract or add/set momentum. I'll see about messing around and confirming these later.

I should probably just remove the 16 byte leeway in the patching and make it strictly the same or smaller that is accepted. It seems like it's just causing more frustration. Full DT repacking is getting closer now anyways. Though all of this is somewhat futile once updates come into the mix. I have no idea how we will handle update data on the 3ds, honestly.
We still have quite a bit of time until hax 3.0 comes out with the ability to load update data.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As I've mentioned before, you'd just have to decrypt everything and manually compile it into your dt\romfs. I'd have done this already with the 1.1.2 data I have, but that would require not only making a lot of files bigger but adding files that aren't already present, things that a future repacker can do but not your current patcher.

still wondering how we're going to handle savedata, though. Do you know how to make the game basically auto unlock all by default, or..

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I've mentioned before, you'd just have to decrypt everything and manually compile it into your dt\romfs. I'd have done this already with the 1.1.2 data I have, but that would require not only making a lot of files bigger but adding files that aren't already present, things that a future repacker can do but not your current patcher.

still wondering how we're going to handle savedata, though. Do you know how to make the game basically auto unlock all by default, or..
How did you decrypt the update date? I thought you had to have a 9.2 3ds to do that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: knuckles vs broly could also be a good one tbh