ROM Hack [Release] Shameless - An easy-to-use eShop ticket -> QR code generator for FBI

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
what is the benefit of using this and fbi, rather than just using CIAngel and searching for a game, and installing e ticket or installing the game directly?
we can now update the database within the app so it's really simple :)
after i made FunKeyCIA so many key/ticket tools came out, i want to know why some people like this, i'm curious :)

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: DrakeLyon

Housey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
for some reasons im unable to play some games: AC HHD, TLoZ-TriH, HW:L

first 2: after updating they give me an error about contacting support

HW:L: skipped updating game gets stuck in 3DS loading screen

fixed: dont "download now" but use "confirm infos on eshop" then download via eshop
those use the new crypto and fbi can't install them properly i guess

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what is the benefit of using this and fbi, rather than just using CIAngel and searching for a game, and installing e ticket or installing the game directly?
we can now update the database within the app so it's really simple :)
after i made FunKeyCIA so many key/ticket tools came out, i want to know why some people like this, i'm curious :)
1. CIAngel downloads a CIA which you have to install (or does it use NIM now?)
2. The comfort of my own pc's keyboard is far better than a resistive touchscreen will ever be.

I also implemented database updates yesterday but I'll release it today.

Last edited by Housey,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
those use the new crypto and fbi can't install them properly i guess

1. CIAngel downloads a CIA which you have to install (or does it use NIM now?)
2. The comfort of my own pc's keyboard is far better than a resistive touchscreen will ever be.

I also implemented database updates yesterday but I'll release it today.
CIAngel can create a cia, install the game directly, or install just the ticket if you want to download via eshop :)

Reactions: fitz420

Metab

Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to say this has more titles that CIAngel and I will be using it to get games from now on big thanks!
I can finally get Terraria EU :D
Cheers fam

Reactions: Housey

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Just wanted to say this has more titles that CIAngel and I will be using it to get games from now on big thanks!
I can finally get Terraria EU :D
Cheers fam
it should have exactly the same stuff... no?
or, where does the inout come from, same website i expect
CIAngel can get updated leys from ithin the app, if yiu want to update the database just do it :)

Reactions: migles

Metab

Trophies
XP
Country
it should have exactly the same stuff... no?
or, where does the input come from, same website i expect
I am personally not sure but CIAngel didnt have EU Terraria, and I couldnt find a CIA or even a 3DS looking at that ISO site but I used your tool and it was found and installed perfectly!

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone noticed when installing DLC tickets its only going to appear as purchased if you havent visited that AOC shop for the specific game before if you have the server keeps a ticket with no DLC and will reject the one you installed even if you delete it the one with nothing also dlc cant be installed from CDN in FBI like games and the same goes with themes

Last edited by Woody8275,

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did delete my dlc. I got the ticket and installed that too. But when I try to install the cia of dlc it does not let me.

Hold up, quick question even though I already know the answer.

Are you saying that using this method it still downloads as a CIA file and gets isntalled by FBI correct?

CIAngel can create a cia, install the game directly, or install just the ticket if you want to download via eshop :)

Whats the timeframe like to install games when using CIAngel?

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold up, quick question even though I already know the answer.

Are you saying that using this method it still downloads as a CIA file and gets isntalled by FBI correct?

Yes, you install the ticket and use fbi or eshop to download whatever it was that you wanted.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
based on your internet speed and the size of the game, i guess its just as fast as eshop, although downloading from eshop of course is better because it has resume support, sleep support, etc
but that is not viable for everything, but for people who really want tickets, sure CIAngel can install just that

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
based on your internet speed and the size of the game, i guess its just as fast as eshop, although downloading from eshop of course is better because it has resume support, sleep support, etc
but that is not viable for everything, but for people who really want tickets, sure CIAngel can install just that

So the only downside to this is that it has to be a legit game you already purchased? Or a DLC for a region game you need?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
So the only downside to this is that it has to be a legit game you already purchased? Or a DLC for a region game you need?
if you already purchased it you wouldn't need to use any tools, so sure for stuff you didn't buy.
it needs to be the same region, because you will need to go to the game's page

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Housey for making a great program. Just what I was looking for.

I've found a few bugs. The url for the db.json needs updating to the new url of that key site. At the time of writing this there are 2204 titles on the old site and 2228 on the new one.

I've also noticed that Shameless is only displaying 2225 of the 2228 available titles. I've looked into it and the 3 missing titles are:
0004001000026e00: AR Games CHN
0004001000027e00: AR Games KOR
0004001000028e00: AR Games: Augmented Reality TWN

The CHN,KOR,TWN region is probably why they do not show up.

The last thing I noticed is that when you generate all tickets only 2070 out of the 2228 are actually being generated.
I think the problem here is because of it trying to create duplicate file names.
Most of the missing files are system titles so its not that much of a problem but at the moment there is 1 missing DSIWare title because in the json, 2 titles have the same details: name:Unknown Region:Unknown Serial:1

One possible solution to this would be to have the titleID in the file name so that it would guarantee every file name was unique.

Would it be possible to add options to how the generated tickets were named?

Housey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Housey for making a great program. Just what I was looking for.

I've found a few bugs. The url for the db.json needs updating to the new url of that key site. At the time of writing this there are 2204 titles on the old site and 2228 on the new one.

I've also noticed that Shameless is only displaying 2225 of the 2228 available titles. I've looked into it and the 3 missing titles are:
0004001000026e00: AR Games CHN
0004001000027e00: AR Games KOR
0004001000028e00: AR Games: Augmented Reality TWN

The CHN,KOR,TWN region is probably why they do not show up.

The last thing I noticed is that when you generate all tickets only 2070 out of the 2228 are actually being generated.
I think the problem here is because of it trying to create duplicate file names.
Most of the missing files are system titles so its not that much of a problem but at the moment there is 1 missing DSIWare title because in the json, 2 titles have the same details: name:Unknown Region:Unknown Serial:1

One possible solution to this would be to have the titleID in the file name so that it would guarantee every file name was unique.

Would it be possible to add options to how the generated tickets were named?

I might do options but for now I think I'll just parse the unknown ones from another database so they're like

not unknown

Reactions: Leeful

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1