Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I don't see why anyone would want to have their purchase automatically made available to everyone for free...
There is no reason to force people to give you something you should have bought yourself.

Let's just be grateful that there is people out there willing to share their purchase.
There's no sharing involved - you lose nothing. Deciding not to upload the info, if it is easy, is very dog-in-the-manger. If you don't want to take the time, sure that's understandable, but when it is more effort to avoid doing so than just letting it happen? That's arsehole territory.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can't force people to give the ticket for a game they paid for, whether they lose something or not is irrelevant.
If you want to make the process of uploading the ticket simpler it's fine but the decision to upload it is not yours to make.

Edit: It's piracy we're talking about. The people who are uploading/sharing game are the ones who risks most. You can't force that on people.

Last edited by Redferne,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i will say this again,if you really want the new games and they are already on that title key and can't wait for the app the be updated,just use FBI and scan the QR Code for the wanted game,it's really that simple.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i will say this again,if you really want the new games and they are already on that title key and can't wait for the app the be updated,just use FBI and scan the QR Code for the wanted game,it's really that simple.
may-haps i'm doing it wrong i'm on the title key site but don't see individual games keys

hazeukB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
one question why sometimes if i download a DSI/DS Game and go play it Will kick me out to home screen and say error occured?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
may-haps i'm doing it wrong i'm on the title key site but don't see individual games keys
just search for the name,for example "Ever Oasis"

AwHKX3n.jpg

Reactions: wormdood

zerokenshinxx00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How do i go about using FBI to scan QR code? What am i using in FBI?

zerokenshinxx00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok kool thanks alot man it worked. 856 mb so i think im downloading tha right one. Now jus trying to find legit working NTR codes. Thanks for fast helpful reply lol

Reactions: 8BitWonder

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You can't force people to give the ticket for a game they paid for, whether they lose something or not is irrelevant.
If you want to make the process of uploading the ticket simpler it's fine but the decision to upload it is not yours to make.

Edit: It's piracy we're talking about. The people who are uploading/sharing game are the ones who risks most. You can't force that on people.
You don't think it's incredibly selfish to reap all the benefits of CFW which people have made for you for free, and then want to go to a lot of trouble to avoid contributing something super small? I think if it was built into Luma, then such people should have to just not have CFW, or should have to build their own. And they definitely shouldn't get access to freeShop or CIAngel or QR code installation on FBI.

Reactions: Borjitasstoi

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't think it's incredibly selfish to reap all the benefits of CFW which people have made for you for free, and then want to go to a lot of trouble to avoid contributing something super small? I think if it was built into Luma, then such people should have to just not have CFW, or should have to build their own. And they definitely shouldn't get access to freeShop or CIAngel or QR code installation on FBI.
I'd have to agree with the other person on this one. Forcing someone who uses CFW into contributing to piracy is not okay. If it benefited others in non-illegal ways then I would be okay with it being forced, but not everyone wants to contribute to piracy. The piracy part is what makes me feel like it should never be a forced thing. Just because it's easy doesn't mean everyone feels morally okay with doing that.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'd have to agree with the other person on this one. Forcing someone who uses CFW into contributing to piracy is not okay. If it benefited others in non-illegal ways then I would be okay with it being forced, but not everyone wants to contribute to piracy. The piracy part is what makes me feel like it should never be a forced thing. Just because it's easy doesn't mean everyone feels morally okay with doing that.
Why are they using Luma if they don't condone piracy then? Just to use homebrew apps? In that case they could just choose to use another CFW?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why are they using Luma if they don't condone piracy then? Just to use homebrew apps? In that case they could just choose to use another CFW?
Why did Luma get brought in to this...? Luma has absolutely zero to do with the titlekey site, the request made wasn't even FOR luma, it was for FreeShop to auto-upload keys. Something that I know Cruel was against doing, and I doubt OP is planning on implementing anyways.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Why did Luma get brought in to this...? Luma has absolutely zero to do with the titlekey site, the request made wasn't even FOR luma, it was for FreeShop to auto-upload keys. Something that I know Cruel was against doing, and I doubt OP is planning on implementing anyways.
How is freeShop going to auto upload keys if it doesn't run in the background? I don't think freeShop had anything to do with it.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not anti piracy, but I am against forcing users to participate in uploading illegal content.
And there are benefits to using cfw even if you only want homebrew. Some homebrew (NTR) only works with access patches. And keeping basic homebrew access on the latest firmware is easier with cfw.
It's not about being pro or anti piracy. It's about forcing users to do something they may not want to do. Piracy shouldn't be forced. We already get keys fairly quickly already, no need to force everyone to upload their keys. I honestly wouldn't mind mine uploading, but it should never be forced onto everyone, period.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How is freeShop going to auto upload keys if it doesn't run in the background? I don't think freeShop had anything to do with it.
Why would you upload keys in the background...?
1) Launch FreeShop
2) FreeShop uploads any keys not in the enctitlekeys

Anyone suggesting it be added to the CFW is just... dumb. But either way, it's been suggested before (Though I'm not sure if it's been suggested for the fork) and was turned down as a feature.

Reactions: lonewolf08
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVUjbpqsE_M