• Start date
  • Views 1,452,824
  • Replies 844
  • Likes 158

frosty5689

Trophies
XP
Country
Not really a weird request at all. It's simple, not everyone wants region patching or needs it for EVERY game converted and the option disable or enable it should be available, like it once was.
There are issues with DLCs when region-free is applied, the game no longer recognizes DLCs that are installed.

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to have Major + Minor and Micro version writing into TMD instead of applying it manually on the .cxi ? (NAGFIX)

Last edited by FONZD,

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
CCI doesn't store Minor and Micro version values, if I remember correctly.
Could you add an option to indicate the minor and micro version wanted during the process ?

edit:
I found this into CDNTO3DS.py:
# Set Proper Version
version = unpack('>H', tmd[0x1dc:0x1de])[0]
mCiaCmd = mCiaCmd + ' -major ' + str((version & 0xfc00) >> 10) + ' -minor ' + str((version & 0x3f0) >> 4) + ' -micro ' + str(version & 0xF)

Last edited by FONZD,

Riku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you add an option to indicate the minor and micro version wanted during the process ?

edit:
I found this into CDNTO3DS.py:
# Set Proper Version
version = unpack('>H', tmd[0x1dc:0x1de])[0]
mCiaCmd = mCiaCmd + ' -major ' + str((version & 0xfc00) >> 10) + ' -minor ' + str((version & 0x3f0) >> 4) + ' -micro ' + str(version & 0xF)
CCI/*.3ds/CXI neither have TMD nor CMD in it. Asking to enter version manually... how it's supposed to work with multiple rom conversions?

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
CCI/*.3ds/CXI neither have TMD nor CMD in it. Asking to enter version manually... how it's supposed to work with multiple rom conversions?
I don't know the source of 3DS Simple CIA converter but I was thinking about ask to wanted version during each .cia creation process... maybe i'm wrong
so... you can't do it... :(
THX anyway

Marter714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after converting khddd this is what I get after trying to launch
aef093829abc999bcba17823052b5f85.jpg
I see some people have gotten this too. Is there a way to fix this?
I want to know what went wrong

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really not liking this batch version.

First of all, it doesn't fucking work. I placed my ROM, named 0004000000030600.3ds into the 'romfs' folder like it says to in the OP. Then I place all my xorpads, named 0004000000030600.whatever.whatever.xorpad into the 'xorpads' folder. I press the buttons and it says cant find xorpads. I tried placing them next to the rom in the roms folder, inside of a xorpads folder in the roms folder, and a lot of other combinations. Never can find them.

Plus the download contains BigBlueMenu which isn' allowed on GBAtemp.

And the create ncchinfo.bin requires you to put the folder called "roms" before it. It should default to the folder roms.

And this: http://prntscr.com/9xanyh

(Just stating facts... batch is one step down from a normal exe file. You could very easily have a much more functional and more visually appealing version using Visual Studio.)
What the hell are you on about? The "batch" version you're referring to isn't even THIS program at all...

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell are you on about? The "batch" version you're referring to isn't even THIS program at all...
i literally just downloaded the thing attached to the OP...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wait what the fuck... i just downloaded it again and this time it's an exe

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I know the problem, there were mutliple 3ds to cia converters in my downloads and i extracted the wrong one xD

Ketchup901

Trophies
XP
Country
So for the few that really don't have a clue how to use it!

3DS 2 CIA HowTo with 3DS Simple CIA Converter

Click "Show"
3DS 2 CIA with 3DS Simple CIA Converter

Download the program and follow the discussion on GBATemp
[Release] 3DS Simple CIA Converter

So what is it?

It's a Windows program to convert 3DS roms to CIA files, those CIA files can then be used to install
the converted 3DS rom on Gateway or Custom FirmWare (CFW)
It can convert Multiple roms at 1 go :)

Why a guide if it's so simple?
Why are there guides for everything?, for example internet for dummies, etc...
A guide with ugly taken pictures and badly taken screenshots sometimes say more then 1000+ words!

So let's start
Unzip the rar to wherever you like (I like to place it in a folder i recognize easy d:\3DS_2_CIA)
(The slot0x25KeyX.bin file is not needed, just ignore it :P )

3ds2cia01.png

Find your roms you want to convert to CIA and place them in the rom folder (in my case: d:\3DS_2_CIA\roms)

3ds2cia01a.png

Start "3ds_simple_cia.exe" and choose "Create 'ncchinfo.bin' file" and if you want, check FW Spoof.
- FW Spoof is only needed if your EmuNAND is lower then the Firmware the game needs to run

3ds2cia02.png

3ds_simple_cia will ask for a folder, It will automaticly pick the roms folder, so just hit the button folder select (see picture) NO need to type anything!

3ds2cia03.png

Then it will ask for a folder where to store the ncchinfo file, just hit the save button (see screenshot) again, you don't have to type anything!

3ds2cia04.png

Important: LEAVE "3ds_simple_cia" window OPEN, don't close it (the truth, yeah you can close it if you want :P but it's easier to just leave it open anyway :D)

Now, remove the SD/MicroSD from your (N)3DS(XL) and connect it to your computer
Copy ncchinfo.bin to the root of your SD card, as shown in the pictures!

3ds2cia05.png

to

3ds2cia06.png

Safely remove the sd from your computer and place the sd back in your 3ds and boot into "rxTools Menu"
As you see in my picture i use ctrbootmanager to do that!
(Note, you can also use Decrypt9 to generate Xorpads, but i will not use that)

3ds2cia06a.png
3ds2cia06b.png

Now go to the tab "Decrytion" and press "A" to enter it and here select "Generate Xorpads" and wait for the screen to finnish!

3ds2cia06c.png
3ds2cia06d.png

At the end it's possible you get an error "100%Error opening SDinfo.bin" Just ignore it and press "A"

3ds2cia06e.png
3ds2cia06f.png

Now turn off your 3DS by pressing and holding "Select" and remove your sd and connect it to your computer
You see multiple xorpads, depends on how many 3DS roms you placed in the "rom" folder. Select ALL xorpads
and move them to your xorpads folder where you placed 3ds_simple_cia.exe.

3ds2cia07.png

to

3ds2cia08.png
3ds2cia09.png

Now go back to your 3DS Simple CIA Conveter program (you sure have left open, if not restart it and make it look like the picture!

3ds2cia10.png

Select "Convert 3DS ROM to CIA" a windows pop up to select a folder, leave it like it is and press "Select folder"
No need to type anything!

3ds2cia11.png

A few seconds or minutes later you will see a small windows pop up saying "Finnished" press "OK" and close the program

3ds2cia12.png

Now go to your "cia" folder and you will see your converted 3ds roms as cia files

3ds2cia13.png

Install with FBI or BBM or DevMenu, whatever you like in your Emunand (CFW)

3ds2cia15.png
3ds2cia16.png
3ds2cia18.png
How do I install rxTools so I can boot it with CTRBootManager?

chikoo_69

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I need help, i convert .3ds to .cia using this tool and it seem that i do it all correctly. On the n3ds i create the xorpads and i can install the cia on this particular 3ds. I tried to install them on my other o3ds and they install fine with fbi no errors but i can't see the icon!

Note.
I use decrypt9wip for the xorpads.
o3ds : usa rxtools 3.0a
n3ds: usa reinand 3.2b

Last edited by chikoo_69,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed