• Views 1,452,973
  • Replies 844
  • Likes 158

Francesca

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Are xorpads really essential when converting .3ds into .cia? Because the tutorial from asia81 doesn't mention xorpads at all...

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Not really a weird request at all. It's simple, not everyone wants region patching or needs it for EVERY game converted and the option disable or enable it should be available, like it once was.
The reason why it's forced is that there is no drawback whatsoever to RF being enabled. It's just a single u32.

It's also extremely annoying to find people who distribute cia's only patched for their region for no apparent reason. Riku made the right choice.

Marter714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I converted my game to cia but when I launch it I get that
"An error has occurred. Hold down the POWER Button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again."
Not sure what I did wrong. I checked the FW Spoof before I started. Am I supposed to change the numbers/letters next to "FW Spoof"?
I'm thinking it has to do with the game not being region free, if so how do I do that.

DarkWork0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was wondering if your going to release the source code on this or can pm me the source? I want to recompile it for a different OS, and you get to keep all the credit.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was wondering if your going to release the source code on this or can pm me the source? I want to recompile it for a different OS, and you get to keep all the credit.
There's not much need, it works perfectly under WINE. Even for mac, it would probably work fine under WINEBottler, though I can't confirm that.

DarkWork0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's not much need, it works perfectly under WINE. Even for mac, it would probably work fine under WINEBottler, though I can't confirm that.
I'm looking to recompile for mobile platforms to make it completely portable so I don't have to be near my computer to do it.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to recompile for mobile platforms to make it completely portable so I don't have to be near my computer to do it.
Ah, okay. Sounds like it'd be a bit tedious using a phone, but to each their own. I can't really think of any other CIA converter that would work on a phone, sorry.

DarkWork0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, okay. Sounds like it'd be a bit tedious using a phone, but to each their own. I can't really think of any other CIA converter that would work on a phone, sorry.
I'm planning on merging it with a branch of one of the FTP homebrew so it's all in one and can move it over to your 3ds after converting. Or just recoding the bulk of it into an actual homebrew to do it all on the 3ds. I'm just lazy and want to enhance peoples work for my own use. I would release it only as a fork of the original work and give all credit to the appropriate devs.

Last edited by DarkWork0,

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I have a question. I apparently downloaded an uncensored version of bravely default in 3ds format (I thought it was a cia...)

Since its a "ROMhack", would a Xorpad of the original game will work? The only changes are model swaps.

Last edited by gridatttack,

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Request: adding command line argument support, so external programs can use this.

I'm working on a ROM Hacking IDE of sorts that can generate distributable ROM patchers. My latest build can output to .3DS and Hans, but I've been unable to get CIA output working. This program is one of the few I've been able to get working (especially when the ROM is already decrypted), so it would be a big help. If this is added, I'll be sure to give proper credit, of course.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok got this working sort of
i got some mixed results with this
i did small batch of eshop roms maybe it is because of region?
i converted ketzal corridors , sakaru samaraui ,3d classic twin bee ,3d classsic kid icarus

i then installed them on my 9.0 fw N3DS XL AU running rxtools with emunand 9.5 and on my 4.4fw old 3ds xl running GW 10.3 emunand

all games work on the old 3ds ,

on the N3ds twinbee says fatal error after i start it and kid icarus just blackscreens, (as does other 3d classic kid icarus cia's i downloaded from that iso site, 2 different cia's i downloaded from that iso site blackscreen on both my consoles)

ketzals corridors and sakaru samauri both work on the N3ds, but the weird thing is that the banner is kinda messed up for sakaru samurai on the N3ds but it's fine on the old 3ds , but it runs on both consoles, you can see some of the banner the girl with the sword but the log is not there an there is a huge white patch, but it run fine , really weird

guess i will try converting a EU region rom of 3d classic KI and try it again

since i am not sure if this implements RF, and the roms i used are old and i am not sure which region they were

EDIT: ok seems like kid icarus was region issue but i am still puzzled at why the sakaru samurai banner is messed up

Last edited by weatMod,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here