• Views 1,452,950
  • Replies 844
  • Likes 158

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I'm sorry but do i have to use cfw to use this program?
To use this program? No, program runs on PC, and needs xorpads that are generated on 3ds(iirc, CFW not required for this step). But if you want to run/play those CIA files, then you need CFW installed Lol

Mistie

Legit Furry Trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone help me out? I am trying to use this to convert my DECRYPTED .3ds files to .cia but I get issues with XORpad files... When I don't have any it complains about them not being there (obviously) but when I use the XORpad files that I generated from the ncchinfo.bin it gives me errors about them being the wrong XORpad files... I decrypted my ROMs using Decrypt9 and dumped them using Uncart...

Am I hooped? DO I need to redump just to convert?

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you by chance change the affinity mask for the "system" cpu clock on the cia to anything above default? Because I know it does nothing outside of n3ds but having that option set plus being on the n3ds I'm sure would help the games run better/faster.

Riku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me out? I am trying to use this to convert my DECRYPTED .3ds files to .cia but I get issues with XORpad files... When I don't have any it complains about them not being there (obviously) but when I use the XORpad files that I generated from the ncchinfo.bin it gives me errors about them being the wrong XORpad files... I decrypted my ROMs using Decrypt9 and dumped them using Uncart...

Decrypted *.3ds is not supported. Period.

kiantsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Thanks for this Riku, I've used it successfully to convert a couple .3ds files I couldn't convert with more... Say "primitive" methods.

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You COULD feed your decrypted *.3ds file into HackPack, dump the game contents, and rebuild the .3DS file. Oddly enough the resulting .3DS file doesn't need any xorpads or anything whatsoever. I stumbled across this while doing a small music hack on Mario & Luigi Paper Jam.

My workflow for converting 3DS to CIA:
  • Dump .3DS File with Gateway *hax Launcher
  • Move .3DS File to D9Game folder on SD Root
  • Decrypt .3DS File using Decrypt9 (Game Decryptor Options -> NCCH/NCSD Decryptor)
  • Move .3DS File to same directory as HackPack
  • Extract .3DS File contents using HackPack
  • Modify ROM contents if desired and you know what you're doing (I was just switching two BCSTM files)
  • Rebuild .3DS File using HackPack
  • Convert .3DS file to .CIA file using 3DS Simple CIA Converter and it won't complain
This is a really stupid workflow if you're just wanting to convert a 3DS game to CIA without modifying it, but it suited my needs quite nicely.

Reactions: 2manyGames2play

Mistie

Legit Furry Trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Decrypted *.3ds is not supported. Period.
May I ask why this is? Seems kind of shitty IMO. Since I dumped my ROMs so they can be used with Citra once it gets more advanced but now that I have a bigger mSD card I decided I might as well install them onto my 3DS and it took over 3hours to dump all of my ROMs...

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
May I ask why this is? Seems kind of shitty IMO. Since I dumped my ROMs so they can be used with Citra once it gets more advanced but now that I have a bigger mSD card I decided I might as well install them onto my 3DS and it took over 3hours to dump all of my ROMs...
If your 3ds roms are (100%) decrypted then just fill the xorpads with all zeros. I've done this before.

Last edited by zoogie,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
All zeros? Could you elaborate on how this can be done? or privately send me a copy of one with just zeros for me to look at?
Open the xorpad files in a hex editor, Edit/Select All, fill selection with zeros.
I'm not sending files.

Binebina87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wanted to remove the region lock of an cia-file.
I found a German tutorial and followed it closely. The steps are roughly: decrypt cia > use decrypted extract exheader, romfs, exefs and manual files to make a .3ds file > convert .3ds back to cia.
So I created the xorpads but when I press the "Convert 3ds rom to cia" I get this japanese error message.

error.png

Also a cia file gets created but its only 25kb big (the original cia I want to make region free is around 10mb big)
Any suggestions?

EDIT: So the error means something like not enough memory? Meaning RAM?

Last edited by Binebina87,

Riku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to remove the region lock of an cia-file.
I found a German tutorial and followed it closely. The steps are roughly: decrypt cia > use decrypted extract exheader, romfs, exefs and manual files to make a .3ds file > convert .3ds back to cia.
So I created the xorpads but when I press the "Convert 3ds rom to cia" I get this japanese error message.

View attachment 38823

Also a cia file gets created but its only 25kb big (the original cia I want to make region free is around 10mb big)
Any suggestions?

EDIT: So the error means something like not enough memory? Meaning RAM?
It says not enough free RAM, yes.

weegee721

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Riku, is there a possibility you can dump the .rfs file that gets made to create the .cia? Cause I'm trying to rebuild the cia to apply a patch to a game, and it's a pain to make one.

Last edited by weegee721,

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I need some help. I put the correct xorpads in the folder and started up the conversion. It works but it doesn't run on my 10.5 emuNAND. It shows up on my home screen but it just black screens.
Trm7LL5.jpg
Is it my ROM?

Masterlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it normal that the converted .cia somehow needs the parental key in order to open it? It's not really that bothersome to write it every time I want to play the game, but I'm wondering why is it exactly like that? Is it ROM-related or something the program does?

cualquiercosa327

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,first thanks for create this program : make a backup of my games and could play them without arrive all was ever so easily.
I would love make a suggestion : could no "port" your program to a 3ds homebrew where you only need to put the file on rom directory and no need of pc?
Thanks for all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...