Hacking Quake 2 Offline check+flighmode patch (Atmosphere IPS)

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
For those that want to play quake2 without the flightmode warning or the online check crash....Here's an IPS patch for Atmosphere to bypass these checks. This is for v1.0.1 of the game. Enjoy!

I couldn't find these on the net so was forced to make my own - so that's why I am sharing.

Attachments

• quake2.zip
    590 bytes · Views: 29

Bazzaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
What am I doing wrong? When I copy the contents of the zip to the atmosphere folder, I am still getting the 'flight mode' issue.
Quake 2 version 1.0.1
Newest atmosphere
Newest sigpatches
Latest Firmware

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
What am I doing wrong? When I copy the contents of the zip to the atmosphere folder, I am still getting the 'flight mode' issue.
Quake 2 version 1.0.1
Newest atmosphere
Newest sigpatches
Latest Firmware
Extract the ips file from the zip, put it into this folder atmosphere/exefs_patches/quake2/CF05E98D9E7B8AA4C50C870D04333F75A9E755DC.ips

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Nothing worked for me to get your patch to work. I just reinstalled the game with the latest version of DBI and all is now working.

Thanks for your help though
An ips patch has got nothing to do with what installer you use to install games. This patch is for Atmosphere so it doesn't use an installer. The fact you needed to reinstall you game was probably down to your game files being corrupted on your sd card and they got fixed when you reinstalled.

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
For those that want to play quake2 without the flightmode warning or the online check crash....Here's an IPS patch for Atmosphere to bypass these checks. This is for v1.0.1 of the game. Enjoy!

I couldn't find these on the net so was forced to make my own - so that's why I am sharing.
Works good, thank you!

Reactions: mrdude

Bazzaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
An ips patch has got nothing to do with what installer you use to install games. This patch is for Atmosphere so it doesn't use an installer. The fact you needed to reinstall you game was probably down to your game files being corrupted on your sd card and they got fixed when you reinstalled.
I mean, the updated version of DBI fixes the issue with the temporary ticket. So reinstalling the game with an installer that has this fix, will / did fix the issue I was facing.

I had also reinstalled the game while trying to troubleshoot your patch, to no luck.

But it seems others have got your patch working, which is great news. Thank you for your help.

Reactions: mrdude and mathew77

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
I mean, the updated version of DBI fixes the issue with the temporary ticket. So reinstalling the game with an installer that has this fix, will / did fix the issue I was facing.

I had also reinstalled the game while trying to troubleshoot your patch, to no luck.

But it seems others have got your patch working, which is great news. Thank you for your help.
If the patch isn't working for you, the update file you are using doesn't have the same hash value as what this patch is made for. Atmosphere patches are based on hash data when the update is decrypted. If your decrypted update hash doesn't match up with the patch name, it won't patch anything. This ips patch is for the v1.0.1 quake 2 update that has not been modded in anyway. Maybe re-download the update from a different place and install that again to get the ips patch to work.

Last edited by mrdude,

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
@mrdude
Please update your IPS-patch to 1.1.0 (v131072) new game patch. :)
You'll need to pm me a link for the update so I can extract the files and decompile it.

EDIT: Never mind, I found it. I'll do it sometime this week.
Post automatically merged:

Here you go, for the new quake 2 update (v131072), I guess you know where to put the patch.

Attachments

• 51502451E46F4EE422526328C45E28CE2AE17311.zip
    257 bytes · Views: 22
Last edited by mrdude,

HisegiSan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here you go, this is for the new update v1.1.1 that came out on 9th November.
Thanks man! No longer getting the error when launching the game but I can't get into the LAN menu. I'd like to get a session going locally with other players on PCs. Do you think there is a way to enable lan play on the switch? Thanks in advance!

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Thanks man! No longer getting the error when launching the game but I can't get into the LAN menu. I'd like to get a session going locally with other players on PCs. Do you think there is a way to enable lan play on the switch? Thanks in advance!
Remove the patch, start quake 2 in flight mode, keep in flight mode and select multiplayer and then turn flight mode off, then you'll be able to use lan mode.

OR:

Try this modded patch, it should fix the ability for multiplayer lan (sometimes you need to press A twice when selecting LAN).

Attachments

• 7C8300554B47A1FFE063DA9FEA2311B490A8EB73.zip
    253 bytes · Views: 14
Last edited by mrdude,

HisegiSan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remove the patch, start quake 2 in flight mode, keep in flight mode and select multiplayer and then turn flight mode off, then you'll be able to use lan mode.

OR:

Try this modded patch, it should fix the ability for multiplayer lan (sometimes you need to press A twice when selecting LAN).
Thanks man! I'll give it a shot and report back. You didn't need to take time off your day to do this but you still did and I appreciate it greatly.

Reactions: mrdude

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Thanks man! I'll give it a shot and report back. You didn't need to take time off your day to do this but you still did and I appreciate it greatly.
No worries, I already tested it and it works fine. I just changed an instruction that was moving some data into a register and then returning out of the function, now it just returns without moding any register which was causing the issue.

HisegiSan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worries, I already tested it and it works fine. I just changed an instruction that was moving some data into a register and then returning out of the function, now it just returns without moding any register which was causing the issue.
Finally got a chance to test it and while I can get to the LAN menu, I can't join LAN sessions hosted on my pc (switch doesn't fin any active sessions). Same result other way around, if I create the LAN game on the switch, my PC can't see it... Did that ever happen to you?

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Finally got a chance to test it and while I can get to the LAN menu, I can't join LAN sessions hosted on my pc (switch doesn't fin any active sessions). Same result other way around, if I create the LAN game on the switch, my PC can't see it... Did that ever happen to you?
I don't play it on the LAN but you will need to use the new quake2 remaster on the PC and not the old version from back in the day, also check your firewall settings (turn it off to test).

LanHikariDS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't htink this has to do with the patch. I'm running 100% stock and having the same issues, I think the game just doesn't support LAN and Crossplay, which is incredibly stupid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: But let's see what GabeN decides though