masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Here I want to provide info about game modifications that change double buffer to triple buffer I have worked recently.
This is mainly dedicated to people that want to play games originally locked to 30 FPS be playable at 60 FPS using Switch, but they don't like when game drops down to 30 anytime it struggles to maintain 60.

Also there is a pro of using triple buffer natively in emulators. Yuzu has its own implementation that emulates use of triple buffer in double buffer games, but its performance is worse than native triple buffer (tested on Tears of The Kingdom).

Whenever I could, I have implemented it into FPSLocker Warehouse with 60 FPS config. In other cases I have shared them as IPS patches. They cannot be used as cheat because they must be implemented as fast as possible when game starts, and cheat engine won't ensure that.

List of available patches changing double buffer to triple buffer + where you can find it:
Games that use Double Buffer that are not patched yet (+ tl;dr why it's hard to patch them):
Alan Wake Remastered 1.0.1reserving buffers is hardcoded line by line, it requires code caving. Pointers are stored inside some class offsets that is not suited for more than 2 buffers.
CAPTAIN TSUBASA RISE OF NEW CHAMPIONS 1.46after enabling triple buffer framebuffer glitches
Cars 3: Driven to Win 1.0.2reserving buffers is hardcoded line by line, it requires code caving
Death end re;Quest 1.0.1reserving buffers is hardcoded line by line, it requires code caving
Death end re;Quest 2 1.0.0reserving buffers is hardcoded line by line, it requires code caving
Divinity Original Sin 2 1.0.10Reserving buffers is hardcoded line by line. Data are stored inside / read from hardcoded offsets in class.
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 1.21.01Game crashes after enabling triple buffer.
Neptunia x SENRAN KAGURA Ninja Wars 1.0.0after enabling triple buffer framebuffer glitches whenever it's between 30 and 60 FPS.
Pokemon Legends: Arceus 1.1.1stack corruption when triple buffer is enabled, probably the same issue as with Kirby games
Pokemon Scarlet/Violet 1.3.0stack corruption when triple buffer is enabled, probably the same issue as with Kirby games
Pokemon Sword/Shield 1.3.2stack corruption when triple buffer is enabled, probably the same issue as with Kirby games
Sniper Elite V2 Remastered 1.0.5reserving buffers is hardcoded line by line, it requires code caving
Sonic Frontiers 1.4.0Creation of nvnTextureViews is hardcoded line by line and pointers are passed to fixed offsets in class.
South Park: The Fractured But Whole 1.0.5reserving buffers is hardcoded line by line, it requires code caving
South Park: The Stick of Truth 1.01easy to patch, but because it doesn't have proper 60 FPS mod, I didn't publish it
SWORD ART ONLINE Alicization Lycoris 3.0.1Class corruption when set to triple buffer (it uses fixed pointer offsets in class to write/read).
SWORD ART ONLINE: Hollow Realization 1.0.2Class corruption when set to triple buffer (it uses fixed pointer offsets in class to write/read)
Tokyo Mirage Sessions™ #FE Encore 1.0.0easy to patch, but because it doesn't have proper 60 FPS mod, I didn't publish it
TY the Tasmanian Tiger 2 1.0.1n/d
Valkyria Chronicles 4 1.0.0n/d
Yo-Kai Watch 4++ 2.2.0reserving buffers is hardcoded line by line, it requires code caving. Game is using hardcoded offsets in class to retrieve informations about them, so requires tons of work to apply triple buffer.
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition 1.1.2reserving buffers is hardcoded line by line, it requires code caving. After successfully turning on triple buffer, it seems like game starts to have issues with synchronization. It's possible to see cutscenes and play Extra story at 30 FPS, trying other things or playing game at higher framerate results in crash.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 2.1.0reserving buffers is hardcoded line by line, it requires code caving
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 2.1.1
reserving buffers is hardcoded line by line, it requires code caving

Games that use Double Buffer, but their implementation doesn't lock game to just 15, 20, 30 or 60 FPS:
  • The Witcher 3 4.04b
  • Metro Redux Collection 1.0.0
  • All Atelier games
  • The Settlers: New Allies 1.0.5
  • Song of Nunu: A League of Legends Story 1.0.2
If there is any other double buffer game you know about and is not listed here, share title of it. You can check that by using FPSLocker.

Last edited by masagrator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto