FPSLocker homebrew app for Switch updated to v1.1.0

Screenshot from 2023-03-18 13-10-48.png

Switch users rejoice, as now you can enjoy your games with framerates above the locked 30fps that most of the titles released for the Nintendo Switch are forcefully locked into.
Homebrew developer @masagrator has developed a homebrew application which works as an overlay for the Nintendo Switch, that allows users to set custom FPS for Switch retail games.

The app was released around a week or so ago with its initial 1.0.0 release, and today the overlay application has been updated to version 1.1.0. This app requires the use of other two homebrew apps, NX-FPS (on its 1.1 version) and SaltyNX (on its 0.5.1 version). A repository called FPSLocker-Warehouse has also been created to store YAML files that FPSLocker uses, as well as store information about 30FPS games, as well as including information about how to update patches for 30+ fps hacks. masagrator added patches for 3 specific titles from the get-go, these being Xenoblade Chronicles 3, The Witcher 3, and Monster Hunter Rise, but with community effort players can gather patches for other games if they so desire.

Here's masagrator's post about the recent v1.1.0 release:

Released 1.1.0 version of FPSLocker.
To work properly it requires updating NX-FPS to 1.1 version and SaltyNX to 0.5.1 version.

Overall plugin now supports loading special LOCK patches to adjust games FPS if plugin is not enough to do the job.
FPSLocker has option to convert yaml configs to LOCK patches when game is running (to retrieve BID of game) that will be applied on next game boot.

if for some reason you would like to convert yaml to LOCK patch on PC, you can use this script:
https://github.com/masagrator/NX-FPS/blob/master/scripts/yamlToBin.py
And for reversing patch to yaml (though it will use different layout, sort keys in alphabetical order and store numbers only in decimal system - because I don't see an option to fix that somehow)
https://github.com/masagrator/NX-FPS/blob/master/scripts/binToYaml.py

Created new repo which whole purpose is to store those yaml files and info about 30 FPS games + how to update each patch yourself if you know how to use required tools:
https://github.com/masagrator/FPSLocker-Warehouse

As I suck at writing documentation I hope you will forgive my Methodology folder that it's not written with perfect English.

For starters I have added patches for 3 games that I have currently on my Switch and didn't work as expected without those patches:
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 1.3.0 (to disable double buffer turn off Sync Wait)
- The Witcher 3 - Complete Edition 3.7 (with dynamic resolution tweaks for each FPS)
- Monster Hunter Rise 14.0.0 (added warning to DETAILS that if game will be running without patch and you will save settings with some custom FPS target, game will crash at boot. If you don't have a patch for your version of game, you can delete settings by opening FPSLocker when no game is running).

:arrow: Source
:arrow: GitHub Repository

vonovon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
is it just me or the frame pacing below 60fps (35-55) is whacked? also it feels like capping the game again 30 fps feels different from what 30fps is like without this mod if you know what i mean since its hard to explain. btw im used to different fps ranging from 240 down to 30 but with this installed, it feels like the frame pacing on 30 is also whacked somehow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol