Need help with weird spots in top screen of Nintendo DSi

dminami214

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
After some time without using my Nintendo DSi, I wanted to play on it again but I just noticed that there are those weird spots in the screen. Idk if they are inside the screen or it's some kind of damage outside it but they are only noticeable if you point a strong light to the screen or rotating the console at different angles. Wanted to ask if someone knows the reason of those, because if I turn on the console there is nothing weird with the projected image (like dead pixels or areas that aren't being displayed) and it's just noticeable with the screen turned off, or turned on if I point a very strong light on it (like a flashlight). I don't know if it's something (that) bad but I don't want to use it if that makes the problem worse until I find a solution

imagen_2024-05-10_010702439.pngimagen_2024-05-10_010727565.pngimagen_2024-05-10_010756735.pngimagen_2024-05-10_010804913.png

NDSrefresh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ndsrefresh.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm assuming you have wiped the screen with a cloth just to be sure the marks are not on the outside?

The front screen lens on the DS Lite and DSi is extremely close to the screen itself, only the adhesive pad separates them so they can sometimes become marked inside just by pressing the lens to hard when cleaning the console etc.

In the photo, it looks like you have a protector case fitted, sometimes putting them on can slightly warp the top half of the console which can make the lens touch the screen and cause marks.

You should be OK to carry on using the console.

Removing the lens and wiping it, then wiping the screen, refitting the lens and putting it back together should sort the problem but if it isn't affecting your gameplay I wouldn't bother as it's easy to get dust in there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1