Using sys-tweak to bypass linked Nintendo account requirements

I have no idea why this functionality was never documented, but one thing sys-tweak can do, is bypass games' requirements for a linked Nintendo account, without having to link a real or fake Nintendo account.

This is useful because 1: why link an account if you don't need one? and 2: Nintendo behavior throws a shit ton of erpt errors if you're connected to the internet while having a linked Nintendo account that can't actually connect to the servers (whether you're banned, or it's a fake/invalid account, or you're purposefully preventing connections by blanking prodinfo or blocking Nintendo with dns.)

How to do this:

1. Build sys-tweak with FEAT_NSAM_CONTROL and FEAT_NSRO_CONTROL at minimum (p-sam/switch-sys-tweak on GitHub), or download one of the pre-built files others have been sharing online
2. Rename to exefs.nsp and place on your SD card in /atmosphere/contents/00FF747765616BFF (create the folder manually)
3. Create a "flags" folder alongside it, and in that folder, create a new empty file, which you will rename to boot2.flag (creating a new empty .txt file is one way to do this.)

Now sys-tweak is set up and should automatically run at boot. From there, for every game or application that asks for a linked Nintendo account:

1. Find the title ID for your game or application, and create a folder of that title ID under /atmosphere/contents/
2. In that folder, create a text file, rename to config.ini, and paste the following in it:

Code:
[override_nacp]
startup_user_account=1

Save that file, fully reboot your console to make sure the new files are being read and taken into account properly, and your game should work without a linked account.

Note: I cannot guarantee that this will work for everything. Most single-player games that ask for a linked account despite there not being a reason to require one will probably work fine, but some other games or applications need the Nintendo account and will crash if you force it to run without one. Feel free to try this with various games and reply with what worked and what didn't, so others can know if this would work for them. The only one I've tested is Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

Witt997

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thanks for your info! I used linkalho previously to bypass system requirements, but I haven't heard from the author for months...

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Too late. Two days ago I factory reset my Switch oled. And redo my CFW without Nintendo account Linked. With Linked Nintendo account i have this game need Nintendo account warning. I decided get ride of this. Now i have sysnad and emunand without Linked Nintendo account. No more problems, no more errors

• Haha
Reactions: gregozone

jacobas92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if this works for Minecraft? Or does it rely on a lot more than linked account? Probably a stupid question but saw this and jumped at the thought of being able to play with my nephew again on his realm with my switch.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea why this functionality was never documented, but one thing sys-tweak can do, is bypass games' requirements for a linked Nintendo account, without having to link a real or fake Nintendo account.

This is useful because 1: why link an account if you don't need one? and 2: Nintendo behavior throws a shit ton of erpt errors if you're connected to the internet while having a linked Nintendo account that can't actually connect to the servers (whether you're banned, or it's a fake/invalid account, or you're purposefully preventing connections by blanking prodinfo or blocking Nintendo with dns.)

How to do this:

1. Build sys-tweak with FEAT_NSAM_CONTROL and FEAT_NSRO_CONTROL at minimum (p-sam/switch-sys-tweak on GitHub), or download one of the pre-built files others have been sharing online
2. Rename to exefs.nsp and place on your SD card in /atmosphere/contents/00FF747765616BFF (create the folder manually)
3. Create a "flags" folder alongside it, and in that folder, create a new empty file, which you will rename to boot2.flag (creating a new empty .txt file is one way to do this.)

Now sys-tweak is set up and should automatically run at boot. From there, for every game or application that asks for a linked Nintendo account:

1. Find the title ID for your game or application, and create a folder of that title ID under /atmosphere/contents/
2. In that folder, create a text file, rename to config.ini, and paste the following in it:

Code:
[override_nacp]
startup_user_account=1

Save that file, fully reboot your console to make sure the new files are being read and taken into account properly, and your game should work without a linked account.

Note: I cannot guarantee that this will work for everything. Most single-player games that ask for a linked account despite there not being a reason to require one will probably work fine, but some other games or applications need the Nintendo account and will crash if you force it to run without one. Feel free to try this with various games and reply with what worked and what didn't, so others can know if this would work for them. The only one I've tested is Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.
Interesting. Definitely worth a try. I assume the artifact (nap) built 6 months ago with 16.x.x support will work? The official one on the GitHub.

Edit: is there anyway to set a single config.ini for all games? Or does it have to be by title id?

killam42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Linkalho still works?
Post automatically merged:

nevermind it still works.
Doesn't work for me whenever I try to use it I get this error,
Failed! filesystem error: recursive directory iterator cannot open directory: No such device [account:/su]

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I tried it with Rocket League but it didn't work.
Still get 2155-8007 when starting the game. If I click Close the game starts.
If I start the game with a user that doesn't have a linked Nintendo account I am asked to 'Sign In and Link'. If I cancel the game start
In both scenarios the behaviour is exactly the same as without sys-tweak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game