"Account is currently unusable - cannot use online features" - Banned, messed up install or temp glitch?

holdmysnaccs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not entirely sure what happened, but the day the system firmware update came out, my modded switch stopped working - so I wiped the micro-sd card and started with a fresh CFW install. Everything seems to be working okay for the most part with the exception of an internet connection.

I followed the guide located at nh-server.github when it comes to installing the CFW, which recommended that the emuNAND not connect to the internet and that the sysNAND be used instead. A txt file was used to block connection - fine, cool, let's do it. When I booted into sysNAND, I saw an asterisk next to my username and a pop-up message says "The Nintendo Account currently unusable. This user cannot use online features". I powered the switch down, removed the txt file preventing connection from the micro-sd card, tried again - same message. I rebooted into emuNAND - same message. I rebooted into the stock fw (via hekate) - same message.

Did Nintendon't finally get me with the ban hammer - or did I mess something up in the install? Is it possible that it's just a temporary glitch that I just have to wait out?

Update: I read a really old suggestion elsewhere that you delete the user that your nintendo account is linked w/, create a new one, relink account - but when I go to do that, I get Error Code 2154-2005. Now I'm even more confused. What is going on??

Final Update: I ended up initializing everything, which seems to have fixed the problem.

Last edited by holdmysnaccs,
Reactions: The Real Jdbye

Thelastunicorn

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm not entirely sure what happened, but the day the system firmware update came out, my modded switch stopped working - so I wiped the micro-sd card and started with a fresh CFW install. Everything seems to be working okay for the most part with the exception of an internet connection.

I followed the guide located at nh-server.github when it comes to installing the CFW, which recommended that the emuNAND not connect to the internet and that the sysNAND be used instead. A txt file was used to block connection - fine, cool, let's do it. When I booted into sysNAND, I saw an asterisk next to my username and a pop-up message says "The Nintendo Account currently unusable. This user cannot use online features". I powered the switch down, removed the txt file preventing connection from the micro-sd card, tried again - same message. I rebooted into emuNAND - same message. I rebooted into the stock fw (via hekate) - same message.

Did Nintendon't finally get me with the ban hammer - or did I mess something up in the install? Is it possible that it's just a temporary glitch that I just have to wait out?
You are Permanent banned From online service When you play online Over cfw With a Non payed Game or Cheats.

Reactions: impeeza

holdmysnaccs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are Permanent banned From online service When you play online Over cfw With a Non payed Game or Cheats.
There's a risk for permanent banning, yes, but I've never played with a "non-payed" game, just game cartridges that I've already bought. I guess using Pokercore for ACNH could've triggered it, but why did it only start now with the fresh install?

belliq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't Can play Online games with cheats On the Nintendo server.Read the Nintendo security.CFW is Not allowed By nintendo Ended with A permanent Ban.
You can for certain cheats with certain games. Animal Crossing, Pokemon LA, BDSP, SWSH, and SV (I'm sure there are more games but those are ones I have experience with) don't ban for RAM editing cheats as long as it doesn't harm another player like using them in battle. That's how ACNH and Pokemon giveaway bots work, there's one live right now proving it. Some games are okay with CFW running while online for model swap modding but not cheats (Mario Kart 8 DX and Mario Party Superstars), some games are proactive in banning and the limitations aren't known so it's better to not do CFW (Splatoon 3). The "rules" could change at any time but claiming that Nintendo blanket bans for running CFW online isn't true.

Thelastunicorn

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can for certain cheats with certain games. Animal Crossing, Pokemon LA, BDSP, SWSH, and SV (I'm sure there are more games but those are ones I have experience with) don't ban for RAM editing cheats as long as it doesn't harm another player like using them in battle. That's how ACNH and Pokemon giveaway bots work, there's one live right now proving it. Some games are okay with CFW running while online for model swap modding but not cheats (Mario Kart 8 DX and Mario Party Superstars), some games are proactive in banning and the limitations aren't known so it's better to not do CFW (Splatoon 3). The "rules" could change at any time but claiming that Nintendo blanket bans for running CFW online isn't true.
This is a Lie.Nintendo don't Want player & Ban player With cfw.Read the Nintendo security.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop ramming your rom