MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
My revision C came with Dorasu when I got it. Could that have anything to do with it? I think others saying this patch works also mentioned the Kirby icon on their card so that seems important.

EDIT:
I think I have found something
http://www.oz3ds.com/blog/archives/440
This site says:
"1. Your R4i gold 3ds must be with the PCB board marked “C”
2. Your R4i gold 3ds must be with the icon , ” DEEP LABYRINTH ” or ” Kirby ”
(As there is another icon on PCB “C” named “METRO” which is not available, pls take it easy, the official team will release another patch to support it. )"
I have the rev C that came with Dorasu as well, bought the card in mid-July, and was already 1.4.3 patched, and I updated it to 1.4.4 (Metroid Prime Demo icon). This is the first patch to give me problems. I wonder if I have like, a first-gen C card that might be the "Metro" they are talking about? My DSi and 3DS specs are below in red and orange:

spoils

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
n00b here!

I just purchased the r4i 3DS Gold card and I've made sure it is a 'C' version as well. When I turn it on, I see the Metroid Prime Hunters demo version.
I put Wood R4 V1.54 kernel on my card.
Just put the two ndsl.nds and ndsi.nds files on my card as well.

Tried booting up on 3DS and it just says there is an error and contact nintendo.
I'm guessing this means my card is broken and I'm trying to following the "broken card" directions.
The directions say I need another flashcard (called"A"), which works properly on NDSL. <--- So I have to purchase another flashcard?
Insert my R4i 3DS card on my old DSlite, it'll boot up the two files, but both just say fail and don't work.

I'm not too sure what I'm doing wrong. Any advice?

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing this means my card is broken and I'm trying to following the "broken card" directions.
The directions say I need another flashcard (called"A"), which works properly on NDSL. <--- So I have to purchase another flashcard?

You do not need another flashcard as long as your r4i 3ds gold will boot on your DS Lite and run the update. Use the NDSL version of the patch and follow the instructions, paying attention to when it says to eject and reinsert the card.

Unfortunately, you have a revision C like me and many others that this most recent patch is not compatible with. Only Deep Labyrinth and Kirby cards that are Rev C seem to be compatible at the moment.

We will just have to wait for any word from r4ids.cn about this.

spoils

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do not need another flashcard as long as your r4i 3ds gold will boot on your DS Lite and run the update. Use the NDSL version of the patch and follow the instructions, paying attention to when it says to eject and reinsert the card.

Unfortunately, you have a revision C like me and many others that this most recent patch is not compatible with. Only Deep Labyrinth and Kirby cards that are Rev C seem to be compatible at the moment.

We will just have to wait for any word from r4ids.cn about this.

Oh darn.. Well thanks for the help! I've tried reformatting and all those good shenanigans and I think you're right. Hopefully an update is released soon. Cause I would just play on my DSlite, but it is really poor condition and a few buttons don't work.

I'll just watch here and also on r4ids.cn to see if there are any updates.

Midnight Tboy

Trophies
XP
Country
My revision C came with Dorasu when I got it. Could that have anything to do with it? I think others saying this patch works also mentioned the Kirby icon on their card so that seems important.

EDIT:
I think I have found something
http://www.oz3ds.com/blog/archives/440
This site says:
"1. Your R4i gold 3ds must be with the PCB board marked “C”
2. Your R4i gold 3ds must be with the icon , ” DEEP LABYRINTH ” or ” Kirby ”
(As there is another icon on PCB “C” named “METRO” which is not available, pls take it easy, the official team will release another patch to support it. )"

jeezz....nothing but problems since got this card a few days ago. Why can their website not say which ones its for!!! and not just say 'for C revision".

Mine on metro....tried umpteen things and several DSs and no joy then thought to check on here!!

oldskoolboarder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 here.

I get a FAIL on Card Check. I tried it on 2 different (working) SDHC cards and on both my 3DS (4.4.0-10u) and DSi, always the same result. My card definitely is marked as Rev C and the it has the Metroid icon, I've never seen the Deep Labyrinth icon.

Reactions: JayRo

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 here too

Metroid card, trying to update on a DS Lite. Still dont understand how it could be the same hardware but not work, but whatever, I hope we dont end up getting Acekard'd in the near future. Literally just brought this thing a month ago

Reactions: avran89 and JayRo

112345veronica

Trophies
XP
Country
I had same problem card failed rev c with kirby icon from r4ids.cn so i ejected card and reinserted it and pressed A and card updated with the dsl file might need do a few times some others have done this and card updated

MahouShoujoKei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having this problem as well. Revision C from R4iDS.cn, Metroid Prime: Hunters icon. Trying to patch on a DS Lite, no amount of ejecting and re-inserting the cart will help, and it refuses to patch with either file.

I just repeatedly get "Card Check: Fail." Check button doesn't work, either. The 4.4.0 patch works just fine.

isthar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those that succeed, what does SysInfo say when you boot up (after the patch) and select Start/Help or Help/Info whatever it is?

Mine strangely reads 3DS3.0.0 ? (I'm still on 4.4)

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Update succeed:
- Updated on DS Phat
- R4i Gold came with Kirby Icon, then updated to Metroid

R4iGold_3DS45_NDSi145_Patch_NDSL.nds did not work, Card check was failing all the time
R4iGold_3DS45_NDSi145_Patch_NDSi.nds succeed

@isthar: HW: R4i Gold 3DSb
Sys: NDSi 1.43&3DS 3.0.0-6

My 3DS XL is on 4.5.0-10E

Midnight Tboy

Trophies
XP
Country
hmmm strange that you managed to update from Metroid.

The only difference there though was it obv having Kirby as the one from factory.

What pee's me right off though is I bought my 3ds a few days before, the R4i was delivered the day after the update came out.......their website said that C cards work fine, so took that as meaning right now, and did the updates etc.....to then be locked out of it due to it showing up as Metroid still.......and now this sodding update won't work either, yet their website wastes more of my time confusing the life out of me when mentions nothing about the 'metroid' version not working.......surely if theres differences in the update process then they're a different revision again too.......so my only use of it so far has been messing about trying to flash on the DSL with no success........Wish I went with another card/company that give accurate info

kilikman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Revision C owner here.

Tried both the NDSL and NDSi updates as I currently have the Metroid icon (which of course the newest 3DS update blocked)

Absolutely no luck so far. I've contacted the company's support and I'm waiting to hear back. If they shed any light on the situation then I'll let you all know.

amaro999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello Rev. C owner here.
I managed to upgrade a Dorasu icon in Nintendo DS Lite with R4i Gold´s DSi upgrade file.
But my other Dorasu did not upgrade.
They were bought at different times.

So, Dorasu Rev. C might upgrade.

Good luck!

kilikman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Rev. C owner here.
I managed to upgrade a Dorasu icon in Nintendo DS Lite with R4i Gold´s DSi upgrade file.
But my other Dorasu did not upgrade.
They were bought at different times.

So, Dorasu Rev. C might upgrade.

Good luck!

This is an interesting development on the subject. When I purchased mine it was showing up as Dorasu, yet I can't update my Rev C from Metroid to the latest. I get the feeling that the problems lie not within the cards but within an error on their part with the card checking. But as of yet there's little we can do ourselves other than email them informing them of the problem and waiting for an ETA on a fixed update.

MahouShoujoKei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I emailed them about it back when I first had the issue. They fed me the readme text almost word-for-word, and when I reiterated to them that that doesn't work, they responded a few days later with this:

"We are working on a solution for this issue, thanks for your patience.... "

So, I guess maybe they're aware of the issue?

kilikman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I emailed them about it back when I first had the issue. They fed me the readme text almost word-for-word, and when I reiterated to them that that doesn't work, they responded a few days later with this:

"We are working on a solution for this issue, thanks for your patience.... "

So, I guess maybe they're aware of the issue?

I'm hoping so, I just hope that isn't a cookie cutter response they use. When I asked about the patch we have now being released (About 10 days ago) they said "We're working to fix the problem please have patience....."

So I hope we'll see a fix for the problem before Christmas.

elmnt61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a "C" card with dorasu, so I guess I won't be attempting this. I do have a question though. Every time r4ids.cn releases an update, I usually just copy it to my SD card and replace the old system file-- I never really use a DSlite or update it from within the actual flash cart software. Am i missing something here? Why can't people just drag'n drop? Thanks :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*