Hacking Problem updating R4iGold from r4ids.cn, Revision C

mybluered

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just update my r4i gold 3ds(r4ids.cn) with success and it can work well on my 3DS XL(4.5.0-10).

If you choose R4iGold_3DS45_NDSi145_Patcha_NDSL.nds to update your card, you should get a NDSL to complete the updating process.
When booting up R4iGold_3DS45_NDSi145_Patcha_NDSL.nds with A card, you need to reject A and insert your card,which is to be updated.
Press KEY_A and the updating process will begin.

If you choose R4iGold_3DS45_NDSi145_Patcha_NDSi.nds, you can complete the updating process with a NDSL/NDSi/3DS.
When booting up R4iGold_3DS45_NDSi145_Patcha_NDSi.nds with A card which is to be updated, you should not reject it out.
Just press KEY_A and the updating process will begin.

Just pay attention to the procedures listed above, which are also listed in readme.txt attached with the patch.
If you have done something wrong, you'll get "check fail".

m4gNifY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just update my r4i gold 3ds(r4ids.cn) with success and it can work well on my 3DS XL(4.5.0-10).

If you choose R4iGold_3DS45_NDSi145_Patcha_NDSL.nds to update your card, you should get a NDSL to complete the updating process.
When booting up R4iGold_3DS45_NDSi145_Patcha_NDSL.nds with A card, you need to reject A and insert your card,which is to be updated.
Press KEY_A and the updating process will begin.

If you choose R4iGold_3DS45_NDSi145_Patcha_NDSi.nds, you can complete the updating process with a NDSL/NDSi/3DS.
When booting up R4iGold_3DS45_NDSi145_Patcha_NDSi.nds with A card which is to be updated, you should not reject it out.
Just press KEY_A and the updating process will begin.

Just pay attention to the procedures listed above, which are also listed in readme.txt attached with the patch.
If you have done something wrong, you'll get "check fail".
"We" dont have to do anything wrong. Some of the carts just wont update at all with this or the older 4.5.0 update. I have a Rev C cart, and it wont update at all to the 4.5.0 ones so far.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
"We" dont have to do anything wrong. Some of the carts just wont update at all with this or the older 4.5.0 update. I have a Rev C cart, and it wont update at all to the 4.5.0 ones so far.

I dont think we will get another update seen as though the websites been shut down

PJM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep, the new update doesn't work either.

My kids got about a week of use out their 2 cards before they updated their 3DS'. Ah well, I guess that's to be expected. It just sucks that I chose this card based on the recommendations of this forum (official Wood version and QUICK updates!), but hindsight is always 20/20, nobody could have predicted that this is where the support would stop. I still have a DSTwo that I can use for now, and SuperCard is where I'm going to throw all of my future support.

m4gNifY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The R43DS Gold cart was really cheap, and I had a good time with it. I dont regret buying it.

The DSTwo is really expensive compared to the R4, is it worth buying?

PJM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The DSTwo is really expensive compared to the R4, is it worth buying?
Yes. The way I look at it, I payed about $40 for the DSTwo, and $20 for an R4i, which now won't work on my 3DS, so I have to spend more money to replace it. The DSTwo in the long run is actually cheaper, and there is no guarantee that if I buy another cheap $20 card to replace the R4i, that it will still work on a future update in a few months.

Now, I'm sure someone will mention that the same can be said for the DSTwo, but the SuperCard team have been amazing with updates so far, and there is much more technology in that card to get around updates as well.

So yes, it's worth buying, and I didn't even touch on the processor in the DSTwo that can enable better homebrew.

ipawii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://www.r4ids.us/

I would say that they abandoned their old site and have set up shop at this new address.
The page looks the same to me, with the same "Where to Buy" dealers and everything...
Hopefully an update will come soon...

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job finding that. Still doesn't sound good. But I've resigned myself to this card being useless for a while now.
EDIT:
The main page is back up http://r4ids.cn/
But it looks like the rest of the site, like the download page, is still being fixed.

jmckutchin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, just not working for me. Tried 3 different browsers and hard refreshed.

Not saying I don't trust you, just saying I can't get it running. Weird site is weird?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello