Hacking Problem updating R4iGold from r4ids.cn, Revision C

oldskoolboarder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried today's updated patch on my Rev C and still no luck.

Last week I contacted the vendor that sold my card, which I purchased in Oct. He tried to help me debug to see which rev I really had. No luck after a few of his suggestions. Today I got an email with his apologies and a note that he sent me a new, already updated card at no charge. THAT is customer service.

ipawii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My problem is the same as described in the OP's post:

I believe have an official R4i 3DS Gold Revision C, with the Metroid Prime Icon.
When an upgrade is attempted on my NDSL, with v1.56 firmware and the v4.5.0-10 Patch, it will always FAIL. When the B button is pressed, nothing is returned for the cards status.
My card will update with the latest firmware and the older v4.4.0-10 Patch with no problems at all, and it will return the cards status with the B button.
Here is the response from support@r4ids when asked about the issue:
We are currently working on a solution(new patch) for this "Metroid" icon issue , will keep it updated on our site soon.. sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your patience..

Exman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Signed up to post this.

I'm getting a different error (or, at least I think I am.) I've got a "Metroid Icon, Revision C" purchased from nds-card.com during the beginning of December. Card will boot up on a 3DS/DSL running 4.4.0-10U, but once I try to launch anything (a game or an update file), a black "Loading" screen on the bottom screen is all I get. I'm sure I've got Wood installed correctly, as the card actually boots up.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Signed up to post this.

I'm getting a different error (or, at least I think I am.) I've got a "Metroid Icon, Revision C" purchased from nds-card.com during the beginning of December. Card will boot up on a 3DS/DSL running 4.4.0-10U, but once I try to launch anything (a game or an update file), a black "Loading" screen on the bottom screen is all I get. I'm sure I've got Wood installed correctly, as the card actually boots up.

That's cause the new Wood is buggy.
Get 1.54 here and install it http://down.r4town.com/Wood_R4iGold_V1.54.rar

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The new 1.4.5 patch RE-released, and still doesn't work. What the fuck is wrong with this damn company? Their software people are lazy sacks of SHIT.

I'm using Wood R4 1.56 on a DSi as recommended in their Readme file, and yet nothing. :/

Reactions: VictorinaToriPea

Firebug2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
and as of right now, the webpage is down....with an "account suspended" on the site....so im thinking im glad i have 2 DStwos...and im about to replace my 2 - 3dsgold's with 2 more dstwos......at least they care for customers

Firebug2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i figure if a flashcard site doesn't have its own forum for customers its not worth it....i've had r4-sdhc, r4i-gold.com, and r4ids.cn....all of them are pretty much clones of each other, and the sites all say "sorry no update (after almost a month)....but if you can not wait, buy our NEW card"....i personally think nintendo finally got the better of the flash cards to finally stop working....and now the producers are passing the buck to the sellers saying if it doesn't work contact the seller.... which is not the sellers fault the companies cant update their old "revisions"...which also seems bull to me...why is there DIFFERENT version of the SAME card? my DSTwos update just fine with any patch that's put out...man i'm pissy at my r4ids.cn cards/site lol

Firebug2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry for the many posts here, but i just was able to update my "revision A" cards with the patch they put out yesterday before their site went down...my card (about a year old) had dorasu, then was updated to metroid a while back, and now its a new picture...but it now works with my fully updated 3ds's and fully updated DSi....i used the NDSL version of the patch on my DSLite...but i had to do the remove the card trick or else it would say FAIL (start the patch and DO NOT press A, remove the game card, and put it back in, THEN press A)

hope this helps some other people!

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry for the many posts here, but i just was able to update my "revision A" cards with the patch they put out yesterday before their site went down...my card (about a year old) had dorasu, then was updated to metroid a while back, and now its a new picture...but it now works with my fully updated 3ds's and fully updated DSi....i used the NDSL version of the patch on my DSLite...but i had to do the remove the card trick or else it would say FAIL (start the patch and DO NOT press A, remove the game card, and put it back in, THEN press A)

hope this helps some other people!

Still fails :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1