Pokemon Crystal headed to Nintendo 3DS eShop

IMG_5978.JPG

With the successful re-release of the second generation Pokemon games onto the Nintendo 3DS eShop, the "definitive" version, Pokemon Crystal, will also be making its way to the eShop as well. It'll launch on January 26, 2018 for $9.99, and will come with Pokemon Bank compatability, so that you can bring your Pokemon all the way up to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, from every single mainline Pokemon game. For those that prefer physical releases, there will also be a boxed version that contains the game's download code within. The once impossible to access Celebii event will also be available to the western versions (without cheating) for the first time. A special limited edition Pikachu New 2DS XL will also launch the same day in Europe, while North America will get the PokeBall N2DS XL.

D

Deleted User

switch doen't even have vc yet im not sure if we are going to get gen 3 vc on that it also has only one screen and no stylus so i don't think there will be a gen 4 or 5 vc.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you can already transfer from traviers cia of crystal i don't think celebi will transfer until crystal comes out though

Its the same thing and bank already supports crystal so you can play the inject now that has the celebi patch that triggers the gs ball event.

mew was the first shiny locked pokemon there weren't shinys in gen 1 but none of the gen 1 mews had dvs that could be shiny when traded to gen 2.
I think they will make ds vc for switch. at least that is possible- it is stronger then wiiu so it should be possible. also the nvidia shield can run ds emulators at full speed (and afaik drastic is the best ds emulator and it is for android)... the fact it has one less screen doesnt mean it cant run ds games- I mean, my phones has 1 screen and it can run ds games (and it is way cheaper and worse then switch in every way (for gaming purposes)

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think they will make ds vc for switch. at least that is possible- it is stronger then wiiu so it should be possible. also the nvidia shield can run ds emulators at full speed (and afaik drastic is the best ds emulator and it is for android)... the fact it has one less screen doesnt mean it cant run ds games- I mean, my phones has 1 screen and it can run ds games (and it is way cheaper and worse then switch in every way (for gaming purposes)
switch has no stylus and the switchs screen is wide screen so there would need to be black bars on the side i have no idea how docked mode would work with ds games.

D

Deleted User

switch has no stylus and the switchs screen is wide screen so there would need to be black bars on the side i have no idea how docked mode would work with ds games.
my phone doesnt have stylus either, the touch screen is enough for ds games that almost never use touch screen like pokemon. I played most of gen 4/5 without touching the touch screen on my dslite... whats the problems with black bars? gen 1/2 on vc have them. nobody is complaining... in docked mode they can do something like using tilt sensor, some button combo, not implementing touch at all or something else... thats not a problem... the switch is wide enough to have both of ds's screens x2 side by side and still have some space, tho nintendo doesnt seem to care about scaling by an integer because all vc games and ds games are stretched to the whole screen on 3ds

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
what about multiplayer?

it wasnt shiny locked. there were events in jp where you get gs ball and then you can encounter celebi like any other stationary, which means you can get shiny celeby if you have rngesus on your side
I think with a lil bit of work it would be a non-issue. It's not like RTC which requires the GBA core or whatever to stay woke all the time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was the first Pokemon game I ever completed. I was still noobish and wasted my Masterball on Suicune. I never caught Entei either. Just last year the battery finally died so my data from when it first came out is now gone. Maybe it's finally time to revisit and continue the legend of "DaBomb"

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I Already have my injected Crystal rom with the celebi event and Pokécom and Safari Zone.

yes but can it link up wireless local?

I'm excited this may be the one VC pokemon game I get into.... aeccpt I'm still in play though of storm silver and I completed Crystal years back on lameboy. but still awesome!

Last edited by Tac 21,

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:toot:
YAY! My first ever and absolute Favourite Pokemon Game!

I whish it could get a remake though.
There already was a 2nd gen remake for the DS, HeartGold and SoulSilver.
I figure you likely meant a remake for the switch or 3DS, but I have to mention these just in case you somehow weren't aware of them. They're my favorite pokemon games so far.

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There already was a 2nd gen remake for the DS, HeartGold and SoulSilver.
I figure you likely meant a remake for the switch or 3DS, but I have to mention these just in case you somehow weren't aware of them. They're my favorite pokemon games so far.

Why, yes I am aware of those remakes.
I meant a Crystal Remake.

Reactions: 8BitWonder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @btjunior, you act like if you were about 10