Multiple apps on homebrew 3ds freezing when trying to open them

Lily_Is_Here

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a 3ds, and I've been having an issue for a while with multiple apps on my 3ds freezing when trying to enter them. Even apps that worked before suddenly starts to freeze. The apps that currently don't work for me that I know about are: Mii Plaza, Pokemon Bank, Pokemon Transfer, Nintendo Eshop (yes ik it's shut down, but it still has a few features left). I don't think my sd card is corrupted either bc I don't have the typical symptoms of a corrupted sd card. I do belive it could have something to do with Luma3ds? All downloaded and cartridge video games as well as all homebrew apps work just fine btw. I don't know if this is relevant, but I'd also like to mention that the light on my 3ds that normally lights up when having a streetpass hit randomly blinks from time to another.

Unfortunately I currently have the limit of not being able to remove the sd card because I don't currently have access to a screwdriver for personal reasons (what was Nintendo thinking anyways?), so if there is a way to fix this without removing the sd card that would be nice, if not, is there at least a way to prevent the issue from getting worse? Coz I keep getting this issue with more and more apps witch is rly annoying and concerning.

And yes, my luma3ds is up to date, I've checked too many times :/

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think my sd card is corrupted either bc I don't have the typical symptoms of a corrupted sd card.
And what makes you think these aren't "typical symptoms"? Unless you know your SD card isn't corrupted, there's really no point in trying anything else.

Connect the SD card to your PC, copy everything off the SD card with Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier, format the card, test the empty card with h2testw, and copy everything back if the test is okay. If the test fails, you will need to get a new card.

I don't currently have access to a screwdriver for personal reasons
Then I guess you'll have to wait until your "personal reasons" clear up.

what was Nintendo thinking anyways?
I expect they probably wanted people to manipulate their SD cards using microSD Management rather than by removing the SD card, since there seems to be a correlation between physical handling of the SD card and SD card failure. But speculating on the whims of Nintendo is usually unproductive.

if there is a way to fix this without removing the sd card that would be nice
I can't imagine what you're expecting here.

I'd also like to mention that the light on my 3ds that normally lights up when having a streetpass hit randomly blinks from time to another
And what color is the light?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto