Will I be able to download and use Pokemon Bank on a CFW 3ds after the Eshop closes?

DixiePixieFixie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! So, the eShop is set to close tomorrow. I was wondering if after the eShop closes and bank becomes free if I'll be able to use a .cia file Bank to move my Pokemon from bank to home? I want to buy a 3ds I found for cheap but I'm not going to pull the trigger till I know I can move my Pokemon to SV. Thank you =)

Also, I'm looking for a screen replacement on my new 3ds. It isn't the xl or LL model. How can I find one? Everytime I search on Amazon or eBay everyone labels it as the n3ds but the description says XL model only

Zowayix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Opening Bank normally requires logging in with your Nintendo Network ID, so I wouldn't be surprised if that also did some kind of purchase check (i.e. according to Nintendo's servers, has this NNID and 3DS serial number ever purchased Bank before). I'm not willing to risk a ban to find out.

In North America, the New 3DS XL released before the non-XL and (I believe) was significantly more popular, so you might have difficulty finding non-XL-specific accessories.

DixiePixieFixie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Opening Bank normally requires logging in with your Nintendo Network ID, so I wouldn't be surprised if that also did some kind of purchase check (i.e. according to Nintendo's servers, has this NNID and 3DS serial number ever purchased Bank before). I'm not willing to risk a ban to find out.

In North America, the New 3DS XL released before the non-XL and (I believe) was significantly more popular, so you might have difficulty finding non-XL-specific accessories.
Thanks! Yeah, I have the 20th anniversary faceplates so that's why I'd rather repair it or buy another one. Unfortunately naming it "New 3ds" has made the search muddy with original 3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up