Hacking Questions about modding my 2DS with CFW and if I can keep using Pokémon Home

PorkBunFun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a few questions concerning my 2DS and applications after installing CFW.

To be more specific, the main question I have is that I currently have an unmodded 2DS with Pokémon Home on it. If I was to mod my 2DS with CFW, would I still be able to use home as I can now or would the app be gone?

This may be a stupid question but it's one I want to ask nonetheless. I am only considering this as my cart for Pokémon Omega Ruby stopped working and I cannot afford to replace it so I was hoping to add a .cia version to my system and use that version for my Home collection.

Another question I have is that would I be able to still use my working Pokémon cartridges on the DS/3DS in Pokémon Bank with a CFW 2DS alongside the .cia version of Omega Ruby?

PorkBunFun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't confuse pokemon home with pokemon bank.
Apologies, I've been flipping between the two for the last couple weeks as I fill up my national dex so the names have kinda just fused together in my head aha
Post automatically merged:

You can still use home with a modded 3DS and even with CIA installed Pokemon games.
The CIA games will work alongside the carts but I do believe they will still use the same save file.
So if I installed CFW onto my 2ds Pokémon Bank will still be there to use?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Apologies, I've been flipping between the two for the last couple weeks as I fill up my national dex so the names have kinda just fused together in my head aha
Post automatically merged:

So if I installed CFW onto my 2ds Pokémon Bank will still be there to use?
Yes and will work as if you didn’t hack your system

Reactions: PorkBunFun

QuarterOfTen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CFW you'd likely be installing (Luma) just adds some new features, workarounds and shortcuts to the OS, as well as allows custom apps/CIAs to be loaded. As long as you don't delete anything and follow the instructions properly (ie. don't brick your system), everything will look the same as stock with the exception of a few new apps. One of those new apps, Checkpoint, can import/export data from carts and installed titles, so theoretically you could back up your Omega Ruby save provided it's functional enough that Checkpoint can read it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch