Hardware Gen 7 Pokemon games lock up my New 3DS XL

lm2703

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty baffled by the issue I'm having and I can't find any matching stories to mine on the internet so I'm hoping gbatemp can come to my rescue. Basically every time I put a gen 7 Pokemon game into my New 3DS XL it will freeze the console until I eject the cartridge, then it returns to operating like normal. Every other cartridge I have tried works fine (including other Pokemon games) but for whatever reason gen 7 Pokemon games specifically are causing the issue (I have tried Sun, Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon and it happens with all of them, the games also all work normally in other 3DS systems). These games worked previously on this console, I played the entirety of Sun on this specific New Nintendo 3DS XL the year it launched.

I've tried starting the console with the games inserted already, inserting them while on the 3DS menu, inserting them while another game is running, deleting local data/updates off of my console, opening the games with and without an SD card inserted, updating the console, re-updating the games, cleaning the games, cleaning the slot, checking for damaged pins, disconnecting and reconnecting the slot to the main motherboard, and I'm sure many more things I can't think of right now. All with the same results.

My console is totally stock and on vanilla/current firmware and this specific New 3DS XL has never had CFW installed on it. If anyone has any ideas of what is going on or what I should try next it would be greatly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto