Homebrew PCHex - Homebrew PKHex

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
does this attachment have the GUI in it?

Not yet, because they are 2 different mods from 2 different persons.I think I read a few pages ago that slashcash would like to add the online features to his mods once he's done with bottom screen GUI.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok people. This topic is getting way off topic and to the two people making forks it would be a lot easier to follow if you made your own topics or even merged your changes together as people can no longer follow who is making what and who is letting out which release.

@Slashcash i would recommend making your own topic.

@Minox would be nice if this could be closed until such a time as the OP comes back to work on his own project.

Reactions: IronClouds

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok people. This topic is getting way off topic and to the two people making forks it would be a lot easier to follow if you made your own topics or even merged your changes together as people can no longer follow who is making what and who is letting out which release.

@Slashcash i would recommend making your own topic.

@Minox would be nice if this could be closed until such a time as the OP comes back to work on his own project.
I really don't think having separate threads would be nice...
Having separate forks of the same project will be confusing in the end.

Until the OP returns or a mod/admin says so, we have no say in this.
In the meanwhile, seeing progress in C++ and other languages is nice, even more due to the implementation of a GUI.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
My thing is why in C++ though? C is a lot cleaner and more universal??
C++ is actually more of a standard now than C and has been for a long time. I prefer C but you can't tell me with a straight face that it's more universal than c++.

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My thing is why in C++ though? C is a lot cleaner and more universal??

I thought that the object oriented approach would suit better with the program i had in mind. The different objects need a consistent interface to interact each other (for example: a pokemon is always interacting with a savefile and i wanted this interaction to be as cleaner as possible)

There are other reasons that are explained throughout the source code. Other than that: this is my first take on C++ and i wanted to learn.

Given that: c is not more and not less universal than c++. They are different languages with their different approaches and there is no thing such as a better one. They suit different needs

Pchex++ will soon have its own topic. I realize that this is getting confusing.

Last edited by Slashcash,
Reactions: BurningDesire

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OP took a little vacation from the scene. But PCHex is not dead at all. I'm currently developing a C++ port with a gui but it's still far from being ready. The latest github commit currently looks like this.

dbbb62b202.jpg

top screen is almost finished but bottom screen for now just show a random bunch of information needed for debugging.
Somehow this thread has something VERY interesting! I'd like to see more of this!

I have downloaded the github version and will try to compile it right away, i have devKitPRO installed so i can use make

Said some files are missing from dah folder, mind fixing that? I'd love to test it even if its VERY BUGGY or can corrupt saves. I have plenty of save backups and soon getting Sky3DS so i can get a ROM backup if i needed to!

Last edited by Mnecraft368,

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Somehow this thread has something VERY interesting! I'd like to see more of this!

I have downloaded the github version and will try to compile it right away, i have devKitPRO installed so i can use make

Said some files are missing from dah folder, mind fixing that? I'd love to test it even if its VERY BUGGY or can corrupt saves. I have plenty of save backups and soon getting Sky3DS so i can get a ROM backup if i needed to!

I just opened a thread (like less than an hour ago) here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-pchex-pchex-with-its-own-gui.405302/
you will find a working build. It is buggy but ii should not corrupt your savefile.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

richardparker

Trophies
XP
Country
India
guys im getting this error every time i try to use pchex with my omega ruby
Init Filesystem...
Getting SD Card handle
Opening SD Card archive
Getting save handle
Intializing save handle
Opening save archive
Init FS OK
Loading species data...loading failed :error code -031117960

i have mashers hbl on my o3ds 01.1 homemenuhax.

Gocario

GBAFail'd
Trophies
XP
Country
France
guys im getting this error every time i try to use pchex with my omega ruby
Init Filesystem...
Getting SD Card handle
Opening SD Card archive
Getting save handle
Intializing save handle
Opening save archive
Init FS OK
Loading species data...loading failed :error code -031117960

i have mashers hbl on my o3ds 01.1 homemenuhax.
The homebrew has to be located in the /3ds/PCHex/ folder, because there is data files, which are read, in it.

omikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• PCHex.zip
    652.4 KB · Views: 157

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country

omikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is something I have noticed as well. My belief is that due to the extra Pokemon boxes, the escape code is getting overwritten. I have tried to increase the amount of space allotted for Pokemon slots, but then the program won't even load. I really don't know how to code in C, which is why I have it transfer Pokemon online to do my Ruby programming instead. I consider it a double edged sword though, it makes editing more complicated, but it allows for more space. Making multiple accounts allows you to store an infinite amount of Pokemon, so I am writing the exit strategy as a loss for now. I believe that @Slashcash will be making his version compatible with the website eventually, so the problem will hopefully be solved when that happens.

Reactions: DDTarZan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @AncientBois awake hide your kids +1