dhtdht020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hello, I am dhtdht020,
I led the Open Shop Channel project until around half a year ago, when I left it to move on in life. However, one thing I kept to myself is the desktop client I've created, Open Shop Channel Downloader.

I've just released a new version. This is the first new release in over 2 years.

This new version improves the process for downloading applications directly to an SD card or other storage device, adds support for sending apps through a USB Gecko, and a bunch of other miscalenous improvements noted in the patch notes on GitHub (dark theme support...).

For those who don't know, OSCDL is an open source desktop client for the Open Shop Channel to obtain and send homebrew to your Wii over the network, and now over USB Gecko as well.

Here is a screenshot:
1711134780727.png

And here is a peak at the new USB Gecko sending feature:
1711135262491.png

The new release, the full changelog and credits are available here: https://github.com/dhtdht020/osc-dl/releases/tag/1.4.0.
An installer and a binary is available for Windows, but Linux and macOS are also supported.

Main thread (Incorrectly labeled as hardware because I posted it on the wrong forum): https://gbatemp.net/threads/oscdl-d...open-shop-channel-and-send-to-the-wii.577508/

Have a great day!

dhtdht020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I'm curious what ever happened to that idea of embedding the OSC into a Proton app. Was it scrapped or improved on?
A few years ago one of the maintainers of the OSC at the time personally experimented with a nice looking Electron application if that's what you are referring to, I don't think this ever saw the light of day.

Is there a way to download all apps at once or do we have to download one at a time?
At the moment, only one at a time.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A few years ago one of the maintainers of the OSC at the time personally experimented with a nice looking Electron application if that's what you are referring to, I don't think this ever saw the light of day.
I am referring to that, shame it didn't take off but was an interesting concept regardless.

Reactions: dhtdht020

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto