Hardware OSCDL: Desktop utility to download homebrew apps from the Open Shop Channel and send to the Wii.

dhtdht020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Open Shop Channel Downloader (1.3.0)
Desktop utility for browsing and downloading contents from the Open Shop Channel​
Hello,
I am dhtdht020 and I am one of the people maintaining the Open Shop Channel homebrew apps repository.

For the past few months I've been working on a cross platform desktop utility that can be used to view the Open Shop Channel homebrew repository and download contents from it using the Open Shop Channel API.
And I believe it's finally baked enough to deserve a post here.

144217304-b690eba3-4c71-4791-9705-6dd36c0a1fcd.png

What can it do?
With the Open Shop Channel library of homebrew apps, this tool can open up the ability to quickly download many homebrew apps through the same place.
By selecting an app from the applications list and pressing download, a ZIP file containing the homebrew app in it's apps directory will be saved to the selected location.

But, you can additionally send apps to a Wii running the Homebrew Channel, as described here:

Remotely sending homebrew apps to the Wii from your PC
By selecting an app from the applications list and pressing the Send to Wii button, a dialog will open up asking for the local IP address of your Nintendo Wii console.
You can find this IP address at the top left corner of the Homebrew Channel pause menu.
The app will be sent to your Wii with all of it's contents and saved to the Wii's SD card.
upload_2020-11-19_20-9-35.png

Secondary repositories
Just like the original Homebrew Browser, the Open Shop Channel supports secondary repositories.
You can switch to other secondary repositories with the top dropdown.
Currently, there are only two repositories. The normal "Open Shop Chanel" repository and the "Homebrew Channel Themes" repository.
You can use this tool to download and send Homebrew Channel Themes to the Homebrew Channel directly just like regular homebrew apps.

Supported Peripherals Box
upload_2020-11-19_20-15-5.png

Homebrew Channel Themes repository
upload_2020-11-19_20-15-33.png

Download Links
This is an open source project. It's source code is available on GitHub.

The latest release can be downloaded here.

I hope this utility will help make it easier to obtain homebrew apps, and I'm looking forward to feedback!

Attachments

• upload_2020-11-19_20-8-42.png
    upload_2020-11-19_20-8-42.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 201
Last edited by dhtdht020,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Open Shop Channel Downloader
Desktop utility for browsing and downloading contents from the Open Shop Channel​
Hello,​
I am dhtdht020 and I am one of the people maintaining the Open Shop Channel homebrew apps repository.

For the past few months I've been working on a cross platform desktop utility that can be used to view the Open Shop Channel homebrew repository and download contents from it using the Open Shop Channel API.
And I believe it's finally baked enough to deserve a post here.

99693749-600e2c00-2a94-11eb-975a-0f3c25402c04.png

What can it do?
With the Open Shop Channel library of homebrew apps, this tool can open up the ability to quickly download many homebrew apps through the same place.
By selecting an app from the applications list and pressing download, a ZIP file containing the homebrew app in it's apps directory will be saved to the selected location.

But, you can additionally send apps to a Wii running the Homebrew Channel, as described here:

Remotely sending homebrew apps to the Wii from your PC
By selecting an app from the applications list and pressing the Send to Wii button, a dialog will open up asking for the local IP address of your Nintendo Wii console.
You can find this IP address at the top left corner of the Homebrew Channel pause menu.
The app will be sent to your Wii with all of it's contents and saved to the Wii's SD card.

Secondary repositories
Just like the original Homebrew Browser, the Open Shop Channel supports secondary repositories.
You can switch to other secondary repositories with the top dropdown.
Currently, there are only two repositories. The normal "Open Shop Chanel" repository and the "Homebrew Channel Themes" repository.
You can use this tool to download and send Homebrew Channel Themes to the Homebrew Channel directly just like regular homebrew apps.

Supported Peripherals Box
View attachment 234453

Homebrew Channel Themes repository
View attachment 234454

Download Links
This is an open source project. It's source code is available on GitHub.

The latest release can be downloaded here.

I hope this utility will help make it easier to obtain homebrew apps, and I'm looking forward to feedback!

Thank you very much for this Tool.
"Some" say "The Wii is dead..."...
Yeah maybe,if you got no Video Signal....:evil:

Awesome,I will try it in the next Day(s).:yaywii:
Also thank you for "maintaining" the Open Shop Channel".
I am not sure,but I think many Users are not aware of the "Re-Opened Shop".

Thank you.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: