Homebrew PCHex - Homebrew PKHex

omikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PCHex++ and sf2dlib compile fine on unix, in fact i compiled it myself on linux. I suppose that you can't make it because sf2dlib needs picasso (assembler code for 3ds gpu)

The fact is that picasso itself needs autotools to be installed which i don't honestly know if it's an easy task on mac. Said that sftdlibs would be another obstacle since it requires some portedlibs to be compiled... and... i think it's better if you wait till i return home, i will pm you the binaries for you to test. In the meantime you could play around with the original PCHex and the fantastic additions this community is making to it.

[EDIT]I didn't have the time to test the @omikes new addition although i"m really curios about it. I will surely test it tonight. Is there any source code i can explore? I'm interested in how you realized the networking functionality. I even read the suggestion about the qr code importing. I think that a better and fastest solution could be cloud-based importing using omikes functionality.

For the one who thinks big: omikes code could become an actual homebrew pokemon cloud storage solution, to share, for example, with @Gocario 's PHBank.

For the one who thinks bigger: we could also set up an actual cheap real webserver. Running it on a raspberry pi would be virtually costless. It could be a fun exercise for someone who wants to learn networking programming.

Just throwing some random ideas here.

Please feel free to browse my code! Its pretty ugly, and from what Foxy says there are a few glitches left. Perhaps we can collaborate? I'm more of a web developer anyway, right now I am trying to port the whole thing online. Maybe my website can be a online repository for your program in the making!

my github:
https://github.com/GitGarage/PCHex

EDIT: For working code, though, please check out the source files in the last download I posted. The code up on GitHub is broke and my Ubuntu virtual machine is not letting me update it.

Last edited by omikes,

jayeshwar nat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GUI edition has not been released, although you can compile it yourself from the GitHubs provided above.

As for the latest version of PCHex, it has nine additional online boxes for backing up Pokemon. Currently I am working on a webpage which will allow you to edit these Pokemon online.
You guys talk a lot. Lol but how do I compile the gui verson on linux? I'm on a chromebook to be more specific.

omikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys talk a lot. Lol but how do I compile the gui verson on linux? I'm on a chromebook to be more specific.

read carefully:

...picasso itself needs autotools to be installed which i don't honestly know if it's an easy task on mac. Said that sftdlibs would be another obstacle since it requires some portedlibs to be compiled...

Sounds like you need to compile PortedLibs, Sftdlibs, Autotools, and Picasso... I tried compiling the GUI version like once and gave up, I think it was failing because I was using CLion which uses a different kind of makefile. I imagine, though that if you have all these projects included, you should be able to compile just fine. I use Netbeans when I am on Linux, it has gotten me this far.

If you are hungry for some GUI editing, try out the latest build of PCHex. It is connected to this webpage (under construction) which will eventually be very capable of editing Pokemon as well. Currently, it only changes Pokemon species, but that's only because I'm at work. When I get home I'll get some more options done. Check it out:

http://www.japanfour.com

You just need to click the register button the first time you log in, no email or any personal info is required, just a username and password.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should you guys ask @Stracker for editing rights on the OP? For the changelog and new versions
Also how do you compile the GUI?
They have been gone for almost a month now. I would almost say for the person doing the changes to make a new thread and link it in here and then request a mod to close this topic until such a time as @Strecker makes it back.

Just so we can keep this one clean. But be sure to give credit to @Strecker for the base structure.

br3compactor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Omikes and Slashcash, thank you both for the amazing job so far! I like everything you two are adding to PCHEX.

But are you two working on different branches? I believe co-op is the way to go!

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Omikes and Slashcash, thank you both for the amazing job so far! I like everything you two are adding to PCHEX.

But are you two working on different branches? I believe co-op is the way to go!
This, not to mention that is too confusing to follow 2 different PCHEX projects.

Last edited by Phanton,

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, thank you for that. I would like to share, however, that I do have Autotools and Picasso compiled on my Mac; all i wanted to really know, or acquire help in, was on how to compile the sf2dlib and sftdlib.

With picasso correctly installed compiling sf2dlib should go straight with > make && make install. If a shader error is thrown at you is generally a problem with the picasso's installation. On the sf2dlib's topic right here on gbatemp you can find a more specific help from the author of sf2dlib itself which should be far more skilled than me!

My PCHex++ is not tecnhically even a branch because is, for the most part, brand new code (speaking of it, i started working on the bottom screen with all the edit functions, expect a big update this weekend which is a long weekend of holidays here in Italy so i have a lot of spare time)

Anyway we already talked about collaborating and i browsed his source code yesterday and realized then implementing his function into PCHex++ should be easy as pie.

This,not to mention that is confusing to follow to different PCHEX

As soon as PCHex++ gets its own dignity it will have its own topic. Just a little bit of patience.

Reactions: VaiCorinthians

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it ever going to get updated or is it dead?

OP took a little vacation from the scene. But PCHex is not dead at all. I'm currently developing a C++ port with a gui but it's still far from being ready. The latest github commit currently looks like this.

dbbb62b202.jpg

top screen is almost finished but bottom screen for now just show a random bunch of information needed for debugging.

Last edited by Slashcash,

Nope.exe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP took a little vacation from the scene. But PCHex is not dead at all. I'm currently developing a C++ port with a gui but it's still far from being ready. The latest github commit currently looks like this.

dbbb62b202.jpg

top screen is almost finished but bottom screen for now just show a random bunch of information needed for debugging.
Will it be able to complete the pokedex and create items?

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just would like to know if pchex++ will be released as a cia? I no stracker wasn't going to release in cia (at least I think so) but hopefully you do since it's the cleanest way to run hb from cfw or gateway

Although if you don't want to at least we now have the homebrew menu to run it either way.

Thanks for the effort your putting into this since imo this and Pokemon bank homebrew are the two most useful homebrew apps being developed

omikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm afraid your username must be taken. I'm sorry there aren't better error messages, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also j cole was right to step out of the diss battle imo, he dodged a bullet with that one